• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scenes in TV and Movies that made you cry

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What scenes in movies and TV shows made you cry or tear up? Happy or sad feelings... Doesn't matter... It's a LONG list for me but these are the ones off the top of my head...

Will Smith's father leaves him ... This was a scene that hit HARD for me. Especially now that I've found my father after all this time and our relationship is precious to me

The bridge scene in the first Spider-Man movie where the people rally around Spidey "you mess with one of us, you mess with ALLL of us!"

The scene where Spider-Man stops the train and the folks all take care of him and promise not to tell anyone m.. and then they all try to protect him...

The "For Frodo" scene in Return of the King

Last edited:

Skyfox

kRr69SY.jpg

Davesky

Dukie at the end of The Wire. The scene is deliberately shot with him wearing his backpack as if going into school for the first time. Other scenes in the show may be more memorable, but this one is the most heartbreaking to watch.

GymWolf

When the family of chunk adopt super sloth i cried like a little baby when i was...well a little baby.

Also yeah that atreus scene with the horse was fucking rough when i was little.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I admit I kinda got eye watery first seeing this, not full on crying but I definitely shed a tear

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Damn you Howard Shore and your perfect music !!!!

"My friends... You bow to no one..."

*Cut scene to EVERYONE bowing!*

Even WRITING that gets me ready to shed 50-11 tears! Every. Dang. Time! I always root for the little guy... And it felt good that they not only won but EVERYONE was rooting for them too IN MOVIE!

Vestal

Gold Member
Nobody mentioning the king's walk in HOTD? 👀

Watched it Sunday. Out of all the HoD scenes so far, this one to me was the most impactful.

The build up through out the show, the music, atmosphere, and tension all came together for that absolutely perfect scene.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm a sucker for underdog triumphs stories. Doesn't have to be well done, any piece of shit movie with the underdogs coming out on top in the big game will have me at least choking up a little.

Many scenes in The Green Mile but this one gets me especially.

"Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why."

Just really hits you.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Many scenes in The Green Mile but this one gets me especially.

"Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why."

Just really hits you.

One of the most impactful scenes in cinema!

Top Bottom