• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schumer, Pelosi announce deal with Trump to protect young immigrants; No wall

Kinyou

Looking at Trump's parents, he never stood a chance:

trump8.jpg
Well now I understand why Trump is obsessed with his hair

There's no pivot, heel turn, or face turn. He's doing stuff that gets more positive media attention. He's still the same person.

This. This is the thing people are missing. He's a narcissist, he likes to be noticed. The only reason he is doing this is for good press and for people to stop insulting him. He's not doing this out of the kindness of his heart, he's not doing this because he turned over a new leaf and he most certainly not doing this to change his ways.

Trump is still the same person who was raised by a member of the KKK. Trump is still the same person who wanted black teenagers to get the death penalty. Trump is still the same person who had racist as fuck renting practices against black people. Trump is still the same person who campaigned on hate and racism. He is still the same person who worked with an enemy of the state to win a election he probably otherwise wouldn't have. He is still the same old, racist, hateful, misogynistic, miserable, two faced piece of trash he was before this happened and will continue to be until his dying day.

Point.

Blank.

Period.

Clefargle

This near-erotic desire for a wall is the weirdest thing to me. What the fuck is a wall going to do? I feel like "there's a wall" would be like the least intimidating thing about trying to get into America.

Conservatives get erotic over pointless oversized monuments typically.

What the hell is going on?

I shamed someone on the last page for making fun of Ann Coulter's looks, and now I immediately regret it because someone posted a picture of Trump's mom looking like a Bloodborne character and I have to bite my tongue.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It always seems really lazy to me when people pick on Ann Coulter's looks. She's been spewing hatred and nonsense for decades. There isn't anything there you could criticize first?
Her arguments are just as lazy. She doesn't deserve anymore effort in our rebuttals than that.

Boke1879

The more I reread this, the more it sounds like we're exactly where we were a month ago, only we're publicly announcing kicking the can down the road?

It's going to be voted on. The GOP don't even want to get rid of DACA.

And now publicly you've got Trump saying we shouldn't kick these people out. And his base is furious.

Sorry, I was being a jerk. In that scene in the Simpsons someone says that really quietly. "the finger thing means money" Its one of my favorite moments, because its just such an obvious and stupid thing to say.

More on point, Ann Coulter is to me one of the original shock jocks of conservative commentary. Though if you look back at what she used to say nowadays it seems tame. With Trump in office, she's got to be really crazy to surprise anyone.

Thanks. I honestly thought people would get that seeing it.

Bendeavor

Neo Member
It always seems really lazy to me when people pick on Ann Coulter's looks. She's been spewing hatred and nonsense for decades. There isn't anything there you could criticize first?

I get where you're coming from, but people like Coulter and Cruz are proud of who they are and what they do. If anything, criticizing the actions of someone who actively enjoys hurting others just makes that person happy because they know their shit is working.

This. This is the thing people are missing. He's a narcissist, he likes to be noticed. The only reason he is doing this is for good press and for people to stop insulting him. He's not doing this out of the kindness of his heart, he's not doing this because he turned over a new leaf and he most certainly not doing this to change his ways.

Trump is still the same person who was raised by a member of the KKK. Trump is still the same person who wanted black teenagers to get the death penalty. Trump is still the same person who had racist as fuck renting practices against black people. Trump is still the same person who campaigned on hate and racism. He is still the same person who worked with an enemy of the state to win a election he probably otherwise wouldn't have. He is still the same old, racist, hateful, misogynistic, miserable, two faced piece of trash he was before this happened and will continue to be until his dying day.

Point.

Blank.

Period.

This.

Edit: Oh my gosh...the Trumpkins having a nuclear meltdown on Twitter. What a beautiful way to start my morning!!

jstripes

Banned
- Trump finally clues in and realizes that although his base adores him, the majority of Americans have drifted from ambivalence to open hatred of him. It's not just the "mainstream media".

- Trump craves adoration, so he figures he needs to be the "good guy" for a change.

- Trump pivots on critical issue, aligns with Democrats.

- Trump's base feels betrayed and revolts, GOP follows the base.

- Mueller Time.

- GOP ejects Trump into the sun.

Unless Trump does his usual thing and pivots back 24 hours later, this has the potential to be glorious.

Tigress

Her arguments are just as lazy. She doesn't deserve anymore effort in our rebuttals than that.

Personally as a female I wish people would stop using looks as a way to insult females as if that is the most important aspect of us: "Who cares if she's a pos, she's ugly!"

Blizzard

Banned
Personally as a female I wish people would stop using looks as a way to insult females as if that is the most important aspect of us: "Who cares if she's a pos, she's ugly!"
It is pretty sad that people still go for physical appearance insults in this day and age. I feel like Hillary Clinton got flak for this as well, as if that has anything to do with whether she is a good person.

And it's not like Trump's mother was awful-looking earlier in life. Yes, people get uglier as they get older. No, that doesn't mean they're evil or non-evil.
mary_anne_trumpv6sjd.jpg

I shamed someone on the last page for making fun of Ann Coulter's looks, and now I immediately regret it because someone posted a picture of Trump's mom looking like a Bloodborne character and I have to bite my tongue.

lmao

The more I reread this, the more it sounds like we're exactly where we were a month ago, only we're publicly announcing kicking the can down the road?

I'm starting to believe the wall is ethereal; something that can be used for Trump to huff and puff and rile up his base, but will never physically manifest beyond maybe a few miles.

Then when it never gets complete, Trump can blame Democrats and "weak" Republicans for not passing legislation to "secure our borders."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
He made some new comments (video):

"The wall will come later," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for a trip to Florida to inspect damage wrought by Hurricane Irma.

Shouting over the engines of Marine One, Trump said his administration was "renovating ... massive sections" of the current barriers along the border, but that "the wall is going to be built (and) it will be funded a little bit later."

"We're working on a plan for DACA," he said. "People want to see that happen. You have 800,000 young people brought here no fault of their own. So we're working on a plan we'll see how it works out but we're going to get massive border security as part of that."

Trump also said he the top two Republicans in Congress -- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan -- were on board with his plan after he spoke with them.

"Mitch is on board. Paul Ryan's on board," he said.

Top Bottom