• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Schumer, Pelosi announce deal with Trump to protect young immigrants; No wall

Tripon

https://twitter.com/AP/status/908147079758925825

BREAKING: Schumer, Pelosi announce deal with Trump to protect young immigrants; will include border security, but no wall.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump's discussions with Congress on immigration (all times local):

9:45 p.m.

The top House and Senate Democrats have announced agreement with President Donald Trump to protect certain immigrants brought illegally to this country as children — along with some border security enhancements.

The agreement would specifically not include Trump's long-sought border wall. It would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants who benefited from a program created by former President Barack Obama that Trump has announced he is ending.

The agreement was announced in a joint statement from House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, following a dinner the pair had with Trump at the White House.

It marks the second time in two weeks that Trump has bypassed Republicans to deal with Pelosi and Schumer.

https://apnews.com/e17d1d5dfc7a442d...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

I've never been to Yung, but immigrants from there are all class acts.
Also glad the wall won't house people. Shouldn't be any boarders in the wall.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

see you later, Wall.

2G3dUa.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He'd rather try to spin this as a win than admit he can't build the wall.

I can bet his more ardent supporters will see this as a defeat. Working with liberals and no wall? Haha.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm curious to hear more about what this deal actually entails if the Border Wall wasn't a part of it. Not too mention is this going to be an executive order? A bill?

Steejee

Jesus, time to visit my go-to right wing nutter forum to scope out the exploding heads.

I wonder how they'll spin MASTER NEGOTIATOR 85 DIMENSION GO on this one.

Tcab96

Be kind of funny and fucked up if Trump starts seriously working with democrats only for Mueller to swoop in and kick his ass out of the White House.

Hahaha met a Trumper today who said he voted Trump just because of the wall, get fucked.

Good news though, what a waste of money that would've been.

Steejee

THE PIVOT!?

I mean, it almost could be. Trump only cares about 'wins', not what those wins *are*, just that he can claim credit for something, anything. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is, it's all amazing greatest best wins to him.

Schumer and Pelosi may have found an in, and Trump the amazing NY dealmaker gets to see himself getting positive press.

He's getting played for a fiddle and loves it.

linkboy

Be kind of funny and fucked up if Drumpf starts seriously working with democrats only for Mueller to swoop in and kick his ass out of the White House.

He's only doing it as a fuck you to Mitch and Paul Ryan, since he's pissed that they screwed up his big "win" in regards to health care.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Be kind of funny and fucked up if Trump starts seriously working with democrats only for Mueller to swoop in and kick his ass out of the White House.

That would be ideal because Republicans would be less likely to protect him at that point.

Top Bottom