• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCORN - Release Date Pulled Up. Now Releasing Oct 14th (1 Week Earliear than Before)

Happy Good Day GIF by BrownSugarApp

MiguelItUp

Nice, should be an interesting experience for sure. I love seeing releases get pushed up, we don't see it happen enough, and it's always such a pleasant surprise.

skit_data

It’s gonna be interesting to see how this game reviews. I expect it to score very differently depending on wether or not the reviewer ”getting” what they were going after aesthetically or simply see it as disgusting. I think it looks very cool but I’m still a bit unsure about the gameplay.

It’s gonna be interesting to see how this game reviews. I expect it to score very differently depending on wether or not the reviewer ”getting” what they were going after aesthetically or simply see it as disgusting. I think it looks very cool but I’m still a bit unsure about the gameplay.
From what I've seen of it the gameplay looks very slow, which wasn't what I was expecting when it was initially announced.

Smart of them to move it up ahead of Plague Tail and Persona.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I really hope the fantastic aesthetic design doesn't go to waste and there is at least some semblance of story elements kept under wraps.

Justin9mm

I feel like this game is either going to be really good or really bad... Or you either love it or hate it.

I don't see this sitting in the average game field for some reason. It's unique for better or worse.

Stuart360

Reckon its gonna be a slow plodding lifeless pile of shite, will bomb and the devs will never be heard of again.
Well i mean CohhCarnage loved the opening hour access he had. He was even talking about asking the devs if he could show more lol.
It def wont be for everyone though. Its slow paced and puzzle heavy. Its built very much on its atmosphere.

I'd also like to think bringing the game forward a week is a good sign for the games quality.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Also its a game built by 10 devs for the majority of its time (i dont know but i would guess they probably took a few extra devs on toward the end of development).
The Gamepass money alone may of been enough to pay for the game and more.
So its hard to say what this game 'bombing' would even mean.

Stuart360

Skill Up said performance was awful on his PC. Can't remember his specs but I'm sure they're more than decent.
Weird as the devs targeted a 1080ti at 1080p/60 throughout development (which is why all the trailers and demo's were shown on a 1080ti).
i'd think Skillup would have a more upto date PC than that. Unless he was playing at native 4k or something.

GymWolf

Well i mean CohhCarnage loved the opening hour access he had. He was even talking about asking the devs if he could show more lol.
It def wont be for everyone though. Its slow paced and puzzle heavy. Its built very much on its atmosphere.

I'd also like to think bringing the game forward a week is a good sign for the games quality.
Cohh likes 99,99% of what he plays tho.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Reckon its gonna be a slow plodding lifeless pile of shite, will bomb and the devs will never be heard of again.
We're in a great position - anything above 4/10 will be a nice surprise because....
...I can't help but imagine "the polish just won't take, the turd just keeps marking the polish" "OK, we've done all we can, kick it out the door"

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
If stray was for cat people this game is for people that like alien dicks on walls. Something for everyone out there now a days, what a time to be alive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom