• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (Complete Edition) announced (PS4/XB1/Switch/PC)

DESTROYA

K6AGI8s.gif

Just looks like a Double Dragon rip off

GAMETA

Banned
Nice, I'll get it on PC.

I read the comics again recently (the colored version now), Kim is still the best girl.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
It was delisted eon's ago (well...in video game time I guess) and people have pissed and moaned about that incessantly. Cool that it is getting a re-release though. Also, play Double Dragon Neon.

Kagey K

Banned
Would be nice if there was a discount for people that already own it digitally, but who I am I kidding, I'll pay full price for it again.

qiqiqiiq

I had this game on PS3 it was a fun beat em up to play with friends, nice to see that they will put in on PC so it can remain available even if they remove it from the digital store again (Yar Matey!)

Pejo

Guess I'll just buy through Uplay. Dirty bastards in bed with EGS. I really loved the game though, and want to have access to it outside of my Phat PS3 that will likely die any day now.

GAMETA

Banned
Not really
Girls .....Yup
Read the comics 🤷‍♂️

It depicts the alternative/indie rock scene in Canada in the 2000-2010's (but extends to what it was like in other places too), so it's loaded with nostalgia if you were into it.

But even if you were not, It's a pretty cool story, great comedy, right amount of stupidity and a lot of heart.

The movie is meh, but the comics are great, it's 6 volumes only. Anyone should give it a read, it's pretty pretty good.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Yeah the game isn't that great. At first I loved it, the graphics and OST but the gameplay is rather average and in the beginning you can't do shit. Had to grind quite a bit for it to become fun. There wasn't even co-op IIRC. There are better beat em ups out there. But the game has some excellent fan service.

Last edited:
Yes!!!! I loved this 10 years ago!!!

Loved the Comics and Game. Hated the Film but it made me buy Seconds a few years later.

The source material fucking sucks but the game was a decent beat em up. If this ends up being costing you 15 bucks I'd recommend it over that shit River City Girls.

Someone was pissed that the ending changed. :LOL:

Last edited:

00_Zer0

With a pc version it can be preserved at least.
Yes, but will it be Epic Store exclusive? My plan is to buy a physical copy for the Switch version if available, and even if it is only available on PC through the Epic store, buy it digitally on there.

Last edited:

Forsythia

Yes, but will it be Epic Store exclusive? My plan is to buy a physical copy for the Switch version if available, and even if it is only available on PC through the Epic store, buy it digitally on there.

It's a Ubisoft game, it will be on Uplay. Probably on Epic as well.

Happy it's finally official, because the rumors have been swirling for a few months now.

But I have to admit that seeing the final boss in that trailer gave me a bit of PTSD lol. Very hard and unforgiving final level/bosses, if I remember correctly.

Codes 208

I remember playing this on the 360. It was ok, though I definitely prefer castle crashers as a four player 2.5d side-scrolling brawler

Well I never thought I'd see this get an official re-release! It's sad example of digital only & patching culture. A piece of gaming art, prohibited from being enjoyed due to legal bureaucracy.

JSoup

Banned
Incidentally, the online for the original game is still up, despite being delisted and this announcement has brought a lot of old trophy hunters back to the game.

Top Bottom