• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream: The TV Series |OT| What's Your Favorite Scary TV Show? - Tuesdays on MTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeppOCE

This is the first entry in the Scream franchise where I haven't tried to guess who the killer duo are. That being said I love that this show is able to still keep people guessing all the way up until the last 2-3 episodes. This is definitely the first show in a long time where I guessed it's going to be terrible but turned out to be completely wrong.

Tokubetsu

The season will end with both or one of them getting caught and then later turns out one of the murders weren't their doing, setting up Piper as the big bad for season 2.

I like this idea a lot. Not necessarly Audrey & Noah as the killers but having one murder go unsloved setting up Piper for s2.

SaintZ

I think Noah is one of the killers as well and he's expendable to the show since Audrey can fill his role as "the geek" in season 2.

As for Piper... I think she's Emma's sister of course but maybe not one of the killers because that would be way obvious.

Branson was arrested but so was Billy Loomis in Scream 1. Also, in the trailer for the last 3 episodes it shows
a cop with his intestines out handcuffed to an open, empty and bloody jail cell...
Kieran... I don't think he's behind it but the actor revealed one interesting bit during the TCA's red carpet: (actual spoiler)
He shoot a scene with Bella Thorne (I guess for flashback?). So he knew her from before and probably knew about Emma's existence.

I don't think the Sheriff is behind either this since it seems the killer is going to have fun with him next episode.

So yeah outside of Noah, I'm not sure who's gonna be the other one. Probably Jake or something. It could make sense though... nobody would guess they were working together...

kirblar

Jake/Noah/Kiernan all got shade thrown on them in the bowling alley scene. Noah's just the one where everything lines up way too well for it to be coincidence- the other two are just red herrings.

Hopefully The Jake survives to S2.

Angel_DvA

Ho HO.... WTH !! what the hell is Nina doing with Kieran ? I don't think the shows hinted that both of them knew each other... What do you guys think of it ?

27f943c67e4f3c0e1ccd3ff24fd37841.png

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Kieran is shifty and weird, but I am doubtful about this tactic. They wouldn't flaunt a massive spoiler like that in the promos, unless it was actually unimportant. Him and Jake are great red herrings, but it's Noah and Piper who ping the killdar the hardest. Or and I've thought of that a bit, but what if Mr. Branson IS one of the killers and they really happened to catch him? It'd be a good twist for the last two episodes.

Angel_DvA

Kieran is shifty and weird, but I am doubtful about this tactic. They wouldn't flaunt a massive spoiler like that in the promos, unless it was actually unimportant. Him and Jake are great red herrings, but it's Noah and Piper who ping the killdar the hardest. Or and I've thought of that a bit, but what if Mr. Branson IS one of the killers and they really happened to catch him? It'd be a good twist for the last two episodes.

Yeah Noah and Pipper are my killers too but It's strange Kieran never mentioned he knew Nina, the next episode will be interesting.

kgtrep

Caught up on all episodes. The series is quite good, but could use more characters in number to hide the real killer and set story for next season.

My votes are on Noah and Piper like many others have said already. The vote for who should die next between Emma and Brooke show 2 votes for Emma, interestingly.

Ho HO.... WTH !! what the hell is Nina doing with Kieran ? I don't think the shows hinted that both of them knew each other... What do you guys think of it ?

It could be that the show's producers didn't have their minds made up on one of the killers until late in the production schedule and decided to include this reveal late to make it fit. They want to keep Noah around for season 2, so he definitely can't be the second killer....

Piper is the main killer because she is mad about what happened to her Dad.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Put my thoughts in order for the last two episodes, but I got my suspect list on lock. I've been through this a couple times and I am very confident in this.

F0RNEUS'S MURDERNIVAL OF STUPID: THE LIST-ENING

screamthetvs_na_85798i4s1z.jpg

Suspect Numero Fivo: Jake and Bake.

FOR: Jake at first appeared to be the typical bland doosh, sidekick of NuBilly Loomis and general waste of a character slot. Until he got hidden depths, which involved setting up his partner in blackmail to die, reviving a blackmail plot like a true doosh, and manipulating Brooke emotionally. Also tried to get in her pants using fear of death as an excuse. Scream is not averse to having a killer attacked. 3 films outta 4 pulled that move, and the Jake-ning McDooshbro's stabbing at the bowling alley (OFFSCREEN) is mighty suspicious. From bland jock to creepy manipulative jackhole...He's Number 5 on the list.

AGEINST!!!: If Jake was part of the Brandon James murder team fun...would he really need to set Will up at the mayor's? Nah he'd just cut him. Furthermore it appears that his story threads have dried up...

-----

teacherscre7tymz.png

Suspect Numero Quattro: Seth Bran(don) Son.

FOR: Sure he's just been arrested. Does that make him an innocent victim? Hell nay! Think about it! Seth Branson is Seth Palmer, teacher and official fiddler of late teens girls.Possibly murderous fiddler too. Spying on the town with two apparent accomplices...Nina Patterson aka Queen Bee of Lakewood and winner of "Lakewood's Best Sliced Carotid 2015" and good girl Riley Marra. Victims uno and quattro. Hmmm. Knife and phone in the classroom, AND the slicing of Brooke's arm muscles in the theater could be a clever way to get an accomplice out of the way, once his purpose has been served. Use his past as a murderous doosh in another town to blackmail him, into helping disposing of two of his little spies...And you get a good potential Visage of Phantom suspect. Plus he's one of the two suspects on this here list, that was never attacked or seen on frame with the killer.

AGEINST!!!: He's been arrested. Red herrings tend to get arrested near the reveal. Plus he's having sex with an underage girl. Which makes him an unlikable creep, and killers are never unlikable creeps. For some reason. Sympathetic villains yo! Creeps? Yes? Unlikable? Nevah!

-----

101_fullep_na_85770359zoxq.jpg

Suspect Numero Treecko: Noah "Randy 2.0" Foster

FOR: Yes he was my suspect number 2. Is such a downgrade possible? Yes it is! Think about it. Classic rules of slasher whodunit tells us that a good killer can be put in a creepy situation that looks like a killer attack....but it's not. But hey, you felt scared for that person...Off your list! But should they be? NAY! This whole Noah swims with Brandon James scene, was a red herring. Forehead blood? Hey it was paint! WAS IT? Noah is a massive fanboy of Brandon James. His Dallas Cowboys...Sure his gal-pal Riley died on the phone with him...Sure he lost his knife-stick to Ghostface...But was he ever attacked or been in a scene with the killer in a scene not related to anyone else? Nah... He's always around when Emma and Audrey are investigating S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶H̶i̶l̶l̶ abandoned places of Lakewood. He always figures out where the killer will be, with his tech-savvy...Skills that the killer sure uses...Spying on Nina with her cam and all! Noah screams crazy fanboy who would LOOOVE to help a maniac related to Brandon James. Noah sure loves Audrey though....He's always with her and shares a lot with her. Shame her girlfriend got murdered though...Unless Noah whacked his competition.

AGEINST!!!: He's Randy! The meek nerd is not the killer unless it's made apparent at the beginning of your movie that the nerd will/has come back to even the past. He did feel sad for Riley's death. And what would Season 2 be without his quips on PLL and The Faculty?!

-----

43c6d6d080567cb30ca75v6r06.jpg

Suspect Numero ZapDOS: Kieran "Billy Loomis" Wilcox

FOR: I really didn't suspect Kieran for most of the show because he felt too obvious. Like...WAY TOO OBVIOUS. Dude McPerfectHair came into town as the dark newcomer with the mysterious past...And when said past never got explained, I got the feeling it'd be a Chekov's Plotpoint. His mother and stepdad's deaths will probably come to light soon in a very "Someguy in a Brandon James mask stabbed them with a corkscrew" way. Kieran is just pure shifty. He kissed and then bedded Emma. Got between her and Will, and always throws suspicion around, like Mickey did in Scream 2. He tried to give Emma a gun which she refuses. Chances of a gun with Emma's prints getting found near a body soon? Pretty high! He's never around while the killer is there, but is always "Exact time it'd take to stack a poncho, mask and knife in a container" seconds away though. He screams murderous maniac IMO. And now like we just saw, he knew Nina....and late reveals like that are always important. And the promos haven't been spoiler shy. Will's meeting with a trencher was everywhere before....

AGEINST!!!: Can't figure out a motive for the guy. Jake is a manipulating psycho even without the murders...Branson is prime blackmail material. Noah is a fanboy of Brandon James.

-----

b374033ec057411fabe90epo7o.jpg

Suspect Numero Ghostface: Piper "The killer" Shay.

FOR: She did it. 100%. Piper rolls into town with actual sympathy for the dead, and sticks around Emma's coffee shop with pearls of wisdom like "My dad was murdered and they never found out why..." and other moments of "Missing dads are sad". Now that we know that Brandon James 1) Had a child with Daisy 2) Probably didn't hurt anyone in the past....It's clear that Piper is the one character with the skills to figure out her history. The killer knows all about the town's past, Daisy's child (EVEN HAD THE X-RAYS!) and seemingly wants to bring attention to the Brandon James section of Lakewood's history. The murders scream bringing attention to an injustice, with some of the victims being killed to please/coerce an accomplice (Branson or Kieran for example). But Piper being the killer necessarily means there's a second one. Pretty sure it's one of the four wackos up there. Which coincidentally, she could totally figure out and recruit, with her investigative skills. And Daisy is myopic....and guess who also is?!

AGEINST!!!: Nada. She even gets a wake-up moment from an attack by Ghostface with nothing to show except mild annoyance.

kai3345

Banned
Really awesome write-up F0rneus! Although I disagree on Kieran, I still think he's a red herring.

Also just fyi it's spelled "Against" >.>

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Really awesome write-up F0rneus! Although I disagree on Kieran, I still think he's a red herring.

Also just fyi it's spelled "Against" >.>

Thank you! AGEINST! It's my Ed Gein reference of the day!

Not really, it's just an IRL in-joke with friends of mine. Felt fitting lol! AND YOU ARE WRONG BOUT KIERAN! He shall face ghost in the finale! Unless it's Noah. In that case....I knew all along and was testing y'all!

wildfire

Banned
I'm truly surprise how good this series has become. I had my doubts because MTV, but I'm loving it!!

It gives me some optimism for the Crystal Lake project on CW but until I see how CW handles the transition they can screw it up in ways we expected MTV to mishandle Scream.

If both shows do well it would be nice to have an original horror show built from the ground up instead of cashing in on an old movie. The TV medium does offer a better more involved experience than cinema.

Nice write up F0rneus. Honestly while Piper is a good fit with the reasons you stated I feel since they need to expand the casting team again for season 2 they planned on the primary killer to be someone else that will be part of that new cast.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Piper was on my radar the moment she talked about her dad. Her age roughly matches up since she is slightly older than the teens. And she wouldn't be a suspect to most people because it appears like she came in reaction to the murders, when she probably started them and then made her public appearance.

I have no idea who the second person is. I have a feeling it will be someone close for the shock factor. Maybe Audrey.

MIMIC

Banned
For some reason, I keep wanting to think that Ms. Reporter Piper is the killer. Remember Debbie Salt from Scream 2? =p Maybe she just got cut to throw everyone off of her tracks. After all, in every last Scream, the killers cut themselves in order to pretend to be one of the victims.

EDIT: Wait...they didn't do it in Scream 2. :(

Replicant

After rewatching some of the episodes, I'm pretty sure that Piper is one of the killers. She once said that "My father got killed and the police never bothered to find out who the killer was". Pretty sure she's out for revenge because of that. Brandon James died unfairly and now she wants them to pay.

2nd killer bet would be on Noah. The killer has a very deep knowledge of technology and the only person who's been shown to be able to do this is Noah. It'd be pretty shitty if they just reveal out of nowhere that someone else is as good of a hacker as he is. Also, Noah's "I think someone grabbed my leg when I was on the lake" didn't sound convincing. He was one of the first to give an alibi of being attacked but he's never been badly hurt at all just like Piper.

Branson really playing up the creeper angle in that interrogation room. You'd think he'd be a little less serial killer-ish if he wanted to get out of this.

I still don't think I'm over a person just strolled into a police evidence room & stole the mask. That can't be easy to do. Someone has to be on the inside for that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I am 10000% certain of Piper being the daughter now. Question is....who is the bozo who planted a knife in good ol' Willy and gave Piper her concussion...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom