• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScreenJunkies' Andy Signore Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Another woman has come forward with an email that Andy sent to her.

wz5SLQ2.gif

Damn. Not that it would make it better if he was single, but dude has a wife and a kid.

Sounds like the people around him are pretty shocked, which I could believe. The pattern here seems to be sliding into DMs, dirty little secret type stuff. Probably because he is married.

Neece

Dude, he's a 2 time Emmy nominee, they've had pretty big panels at SDCC and NYCC - they're among the biggest 'Non-major-TV-Network' movie channels on Youtube, regularly getting interviews with the lead actors of blockbuster movies.

Actors and directors . And they've had all kinds of Hollywood writers (Max Landis and some guys writing for Disney) and producers. They are as close to Hollywood as you can get from a youtube channel.

Give me a break. All these creeps are the same. Everyone knew what they were like. No one wants to be the one to put themselves on the line though.

Devin Faraci, Harry Knowles, and Harvey Weinstein. These things were open secrets.

ScreenJunkies is a house built by a wannabe rapist. I told you guys he was obviously guilty.

Well I’m sorry I didn’t know before now? That was my first post in this thread.

Also a quick look shows Nick has been tweeting a retweeting in support of the victims. I get you’re pissed but why attack me when I had literally no idea.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Damn. Not that it would make it better if he was single, but dude has a wife and a kid.

Sounds like the people around him are pretty shocked, which I could believe. The pattern here seems to be sliding into DMs, dirty little secret type stuff. Probably because he is married.

Yeah, doesn't seem like something he would want to brag about to co workers in case the wife found out

Boke1879

He's probably done. I doubt his co-workers want to be associated with him now that all of this is coming to light from multiple people.

Hari Seldon

Actors and directors . And they've had all kinds of Hollywood writers (Max Landis and some guys writing for Disney) and producers. They are as close to Hollywood as you can get from a youtube channel.

Maybe I just don't follow Hollywood news channels or media, but that seems like unimportant games-media level stuff. Wasn't there some games journalist caught doing this shit a little while back? In both cases it seems to me that the world lucked out that these fuckers only got a tiny bit of power and not hollywood producer levels of power.

Terrible. Not only does he abuse his power and harass women, he completely disregards his wife and embarrasses her on a massive stage. Good lord.

I'm actually very interested in what certain celebrities they've on think. Kevin Smith, Elijah Wood and Max Landis have all been on a couple of times.

This is just ... fucked up. I've watched Movie Fights and Honest Trailers for years. Love the episodes. Was subbed to their premium service for like 2 years.

Andy always seemed like a nice enough dude with some control issues but this? Fuck this dude. Either his ass is fired (or resigns, admitting his disgrace) today or I'm done with them. Seeing reactions from the others is encouraging (Alicia, Dan, Roth), but if he's not out they need to leave.

Only know of this dude because he appeared on Collider.

Never watched any of the screen junkies shit.

I’m glad I don’t really get invested in YouTube personalities and what not.

Outside of some tech vids, breakfast club interviews and fighting game tournament replays, I don’t really care for YouTube that much.

No, I say it as a victim of sexual assault. I know what it is like to have someone with more power than you hold it over you that you cant do anything (he was an older relative). I know if I just said something about it, it would be taken as I just didnt know what I was saying. When there is more than one source it starts to become more damning.

Its also uncomfortablly telling how people leap to conclusions without evidence. You may have been one of the people burning others in Salem, or sentencing people to death from "hard evidence" in cases where later DNA evidence showed innocence but oops they are already dead.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but we have clarify a few things ...

I don't have a stake in this. Nothing I say or do will effect Andy or anyone at Screen Junkies. I'm just bystander commenting on an accusation, I'm not leading the charge or calling for anything. I believe he should be fired, but I'm not calling for it because who gives a fuck what some random bystander thinks about this. Me saying I believe the victim isn't me burning people in Salem. And your metaphor is questionable because by comparing this to Salem, I feel like you're saying Andy is the victim here.

You dont just say things without something else to back it up, otherwise it has no meaning.

That's a horrible thing to say to victims, especially if their word is all they have. Having proof and building up a case will help, but it should NOT be a requirement for throwing out an accusation.

If someone came to me and told me that someone I knew was harassing them the first words out of my mouth will not be "well, do you have proof?"

Sami+

HR works for the company. Not you.

The entire company can get in trouble if the individual goes past HR and threatens legal action. HR's job is to prevent that so protecting the boss over the employee in a case where they're very clearly in the wrong legally makes everything worse.

Goodstyle

Fascinating seeing this wave of powerful men getting knocked off their pedestal. It's a much needed wake up call that these folks aren't untouchable.

THAT SAID... this one really fucking disappoints me since I've been such a big fan of Honest Trailers. Sad to see it take this kind of hit (which will likely lead to a dramatic change in quality), but ya, Andy's gotta leave.

Well I’m sorry I didn’t know before now? That was my first post in this thread.

Also a quick look shows Nick has been tweeting a retweeting in support of the victims. I get you’re pissed but why attack me when I had literally no idea.

Oh not attacking you at all. Sorry it came off that way But all these people who have been getting caught recently. I'm just scoffing at all their protestations they knew nothing.

Well its easy to support the victims when you have to, when thats you only conceivable option. Do any of these guys ever out their bosses before shit hits the fan? Never.

Especially these 2 bit bloggers and vloggers. Making money doing it, they know is a stroke of luck. They won't put their own lives on the line.

There's no way him doing this to so many women, and multiple women report this to HR and they don't know. Just like Weinstein and Knowles being open secrets, and Faraci's abusive behavior being obvious, the people around them of course know. People either flat out protect or ignore it.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The immediate witch hunts on the first page (calling for his resignation, #fuckoff #milkshakeduck et al) were the trash responses there, not ones that followed. In almost every one of these cases the public will have an infinitely better sense of it all given a little time. In this case it didn't even take 24 hours. Taking a vaguely pragmatic stance while a breaking story that landed in the middle of the night and didn't contain any supporting evidence develops is not dismissing the allegation out of hand or calling the person stepping forward a liar, and the story developing in a particular (unsurprising...) way does not retroactively prove that initial approach wrong.

Reel in the reductive binary rhetoric. It's every thread on Off-Topic at this point.

Thank you.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's sad how many victims there seem to be, but I'm glad they're coming out together to support each other.

Fuck this guy.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
April's statement reminded me of the Harry Knowles thing, which I had already forgotten about because it got overshadowed by the Weinstein accusations and now this. It just never stops. >_<

The immediate witch hunts on the first page (calling for his resignation, #fuckoff #milkshakeduck et al) were the trash responses there, not ones that followed. In almost every one of these cases the public will have an infinitely better sense of it all given a little time. In this case it didn't even take 24 hours. Taking a vaguely pragmatic stance while a breaking story that landed in the middle of the night and didn't contain any supporting evidence develops is not dismissing the allegation out of hand or calling the person stepping forward a liar, and the story developing in a particular (unsurprising...) way does not retroactively prove that initial approach wrong.

Reel in the reductive binary rhetoric. It's every thread on Off-Topic at this point.

That's one way to look at it, but I wonder if the tide would've changed if it was just the one accusation that we learned more about and no one else came forward.

I get the impression it wouldn't have.

Gotta love that all these scummy harassers (Devin, Harry Knowles) are ugly neckbeards who clearly have felt marginalized their entire lives by the opposite sex and once they got a little bit of power, they let their pent up, frustrated sexuality ooze out like vulgar sludge, victimizing women because they thought they could get away with it.

Fliesen

That's one way to look at it, but I wonder if the tide would've changed if it was just the one accusation that we learned more about and no one else came forward.

yeah, up until April's tweets, the harassment was ripe for dismissal as "well, that's creepy, but not really harassment" (i.e. "drunk creepy sex comments", "unsolicited flirting").

As soon as (attempted) physicall assault was part of the story, noone in their right mind would even try to play devil's advocate anymore.

There's more:

oh, fuck off ... the whole "lol, our little secret, lol not actually flirting but would you wanna lol don't tell" spiel makes me physically sick.

jett

D-Member
This story just kept getting worse and worse. Just awful. This shit must be seriously pervasive in Hollywood, no matter how small your outfit is.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

What tide?

Oh not attacking you at all. Sorry it came off that way But all these people who have been getting caught recently. I'm just scoffing at all their protestations they knew nothing.

Well its easy to support the victims when you have to, when thats you only conceivable option. Do any of these guys ever out their bosses before shit hits the fan? Never.

Especially these 2 bit bloggers and vloggers. Making money doing it, they know is a stroke of luck. They won't put their own lives on the line.

There's no way him doing this to so many women, and multiple women report this to HR and they don't know. Just like Weinstein and Knowles being open secrets, and Faraci's abusive behavior being obvious, the people around them of course know. People either flat out protect or ignore it.

I gotta disagree with people always knowing. I had a friend I hung out with all the time, he was hilarious and we were buds for 3 years, I seriously thought he was a great guy and even introduced him to a female friend but nothing ever came from it. I moved away and next thing I hear from him he raped a separate female friend, it felt gut wrenching and I was angry, but this was someone I knew for years and had no idea. After that, other female friends told me about all of the creeping things he did. Everyone says “you had to know” but people like this can really put on a good face. If no one came forward to you it’s easy to really not know until something major happens.

Sephzilla

The dude has a wife and a kid, too. His behavior is already unacceptable but man, that just adds another layer of crazy to it because he should absolutely know how unacceptable it is to be doing shit like that.

What tide?

If I read your post right,

You said the people in this thread that were being vaguely pragmatic after reading the first accusation were the more level-headed (paraphrasing) posters. And that jumping the gun and witch hunts weren't good, basically saying we should wait for more information.

Now that more women have come out, most people feel comfortable condemning Andy. That's the tide I'm referring to.

What I'm asking is, if we just learned of one accusation today and slowly got more information about that ONE accusation, would the same thing have happened. I don't think so.

My complaint is just that ONE story never seems to be good enough. I didn't call for anything early when this thread started, but I wouldn't call those early posts too premature.

I agreed with the posts that basically said
"If this is true, fuck him."

Boke1879

Notice when she doesn't respond he tries to cover it up by constantly messaging shit saying "I'm sorry didn't mean to weird you out."

It's like he's afraid that since she didn't respond she thinks he's a creep and he knows it. So he has to act goofy about it.

That shit is exhibit A with these people.

Dynasty

What I'm asking is, if we just learned of one accusation today and slowly got more information about that ONE accusation, would the same thing have happened. I don't think so.

My complaint is just that ONE story never seems to be good enough. I didn't call for anything early when this thread started, but I wouldn't call those early posts too premature.

I agreed with the posts that basically said
"If this is true, fuck him."

The problem wasnt that it was one story, it was that it was one story with no proof. Me personally if proof was provided that corrobarated the single story, I would have immedietly went to fuck Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom