Screenshots/artworks of cancelled Crytek game: Redemption

Aug 12, 2009
http://www.celteric.com/redemption.html

art director's page.

Project: Redemption for Xbox 360 & PS3
Developer | Publisher: Crytek - Frankfurt, Germany | N/A (cancelled)

Responsibilities
Art direction including research and defining the visual style/overall look & feel for the game. Directing and managing a team of 3 concept artists/mood painters & a team of 10 in-house production artists. Project management using Agile Development (SCRUM). Quality control over all art assets. Contribution to the implementation of tools & visual features for the CryEngine also used in “Crysis”.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/30739-r...tieux-jeu-crytek-abandon#.UDzfSSmMlcw.twitter

there are a lot more images, looks like a Russian setting. the publisher was EA (logo on screenshots)

Sep 30, 2004
Would have liked to see what that river would have looked like. I've seen moving water in CryEngine2 but I don't think I've seen rapids done real well in this (or any engine I can think of actually? Uncharted and Uncharted GA have very pretty water effects but their river-runner scenes show up the effects.) This looks like a good mix of effects and water velocity variety, it could be an interesting sequence to see in action.

Mar 1, 2011
I'm fully with you on that one!

I wonder how that Roman Empire Kinect game of theirs is going?
Rumor is it has gone next-gen which would be a nice showpiece for new hardware. I just hope they've backed off some from the whole first person Kinect gimmick. I think we've established by now that it doesn't work, nor does it seem fun.

I don't mind a title having Kinect functionality, I find it quite neat to be honest but not when Kinect is used as one of the main gameplay systems.

Mar 18, 2010
Saudia Arbia
Would have liked to see what that river would have looked like. I've seen moving water in CryEngine2 but I don't think I've seen rapids done real well in this (or any engine I can think of actually? Uncharted and Uncharted GA have very pretty water effects but their river-runner scenes show up the effects.) This looks like a good mix of effects and water velocity variety, it could be an interesting sequence to see in action.
Just download the cryengine 3 SDK.it has the same map.
Also i have seen some of these screens before

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jul 30, 2009
Western Australia
Couldn't they find another publisher or was the project simply shit?
I imagine at least part of the reason why the game wasn't shopped around (or wasn't shopped around successfully) is that Crytek wouldn't want to give up the IP, which is why it and EA, for its EA Partners program, have been largely inseparable since Crysis.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Jun 18, 2011
I can easily imagine Crytek putting assets towards this for a year... watching TLOU reveal and
a CEO somewhere just shaking his head and pulling the plug.

"Godamn naughty assholes."