• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Screenshots/artworks of cancelled Crytek game: Redemption

Pooya

http://www.celteric.com/redemption.html

art director's page.

cover-redemption.png

Project: Redemption for Xbox 360 & PS3
Developer | Publisher: Crytek - Frankfurt, Germany | N/A (cancelled)

Responsibilities
Art direction including research and defining the visual style/overall look & feel for the game. Directing and managing a team of 3 concept artists/mood painters & a team of 10 in-house production artists. Project management using Agile Development (SCRUM). Quality control over all art assets. Contribution to the implementation of tools & visual features for the CryEngine also used in “Crysis”.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/30739-r...tieux-jeu-crytek-abandon#.UDzfSSmMlcw.twitter

there are a lot more images, looks like a Russian setting. the publisher was EA (logo on screenshots)

redemption_arch05.jpg

redemption_ui03.jpg

redemption_env09.jpg

redemption_arch11.jpg

redemption_arch07.jpg

redemption_arch12.jpg

redemption_env12.jpg

Redemption_Crytek_Annulation_48.jpg

Redemption_Crytek_Annulation_49.jpg

Redemption_Crytek_Annulation_50.jpg

Redemption_Crytek_Annulation_22.jpg

Redemption_Crytek_Annulation_41.jpg

redemption_char10.jpg

redemption_char09.jpg

redemption_ui01.jpg

redemption_env14.jpg

redemption_env05.jpg

redemption_env02.jpg

Dabanton

I'll get it out of the way early

I wonder if this was going to be ICO like or TLOU obviously without the flower zombies.

Not enough numbers in the title to warrant completion? But seriously, looks interesting, but it's hard to tell from a few screenshots. I'll have to read up on this later.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks interesting. Maybe a bit of 'The Road' going on?

*Edit* Nah, the guy in the low level wise guy attire does not give that vibe.

Getting a strong The Last Of Us vibe like most have mentioned. Still would've liked to see what would've come out of it, with the cryengine.

CamHostage

Would have liked to see what that river would have looked like. I've seen moving water in CryEngine2 but I don't think I've seen rapids done real well in this (or any engine I can think of actually? Uncharted and Uncharted GA have very pretty water effects but their river-runner scenes show up the effects.) This looks like a good mix of effects and water velocity variety, it could be an interesting sequence to see in action.

Elginer

I'm fully with you on that one!

I wonder how that Roman Empire Kinect game of theirs is going?

Rumor is it has gone next-gen which would be a nice showpiece for new hardware. I just hope they've backed off some from the whole first person Kinect gimmick. I think we've established by now that it doesn't work, nor does it seem fun.

I don't mind a title having Kinect functionality, I find it quite neat to be honest but not when Kinect is used as one of the main gameplay systems.

qKaC3K

I remember the footage of some girl running in the woods, in one of CE3 tech demos, was this it? Looked awsome.

Yes. They reused the environment and some other assets like the girl for GDC tech presentations.

(The Castle part in one of their tech demos was also a cancelled project)

Couldn't they find another publisher or was the project simply shit?

Yes. They reused the environment and some other assets like the girl for GDC tech presentations.

(The Castle part in one of their tech demos was also a cancelled project)

I thought the castle was from RYSE?

Fezan

Would have liked to see what that river would have looked like. I've seen moving water in CryEngine2 but I don't think I've seen rapids done real well in this (or any engine I can think of actually? Uncharted and Uncharted GA have very pretty water effects but their river-runner scenes show up the effects.) This looks like a good mix of effects and water velocity variety, it could be an interesting sequence to see in action.

Just download the cryengine 3 SDK.it has the same map.
Also i have seen some of these screens before

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Couldn't they find another publisher or was the project simply shit?

I imagine at least part of the reason why the game wasn't shopped around (or wasn't shopped around successfully) is that Crytek wouldn't want to give up the IP, which is why it and EA, for its EA Partners program, have been largely inseparable since Crysis.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I can easily imagine Crytek putting assets towards this for a year... watching TLOU reveal and
a CEO somewhere just shaking his head and pulling the plug.

"Godamn naughty assholes."

Top Bottom