• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Mike M said:
Well technically the puzzle was to get the cat off the *roof* of a house.

Don't know of any staircases in any houses that go up the roof (Though you could probably spawn two stair cases and stack the second one on some boxes to make a continuous staircase)

Anyway, the real solution here is to have Keyboard Cat play him off.

xfactor

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
You know what? After permutated's flogging, I hope that "drop down list" or something like it is included as a thing to create in the game.

Its ok if this game doesn't appeal to you, but lets not ruin this game for everyone else.

btw, will i spawn a DS if I write in "money printer"?

xfactor said:
Its ok if this game doesn't appeal to you, but lets not ruin this game for everyone else.

I think he's saying that he hopes that if you type in "drop-down list" the game generates some kind of physical drop-down list in the gamespace. I agree -- it would be hilarious!

mclem

TruthJunky said:
I think he's saying that he hopes that if you type in "drop-down list" the game generates some kind of physical drop-down list in the gamespace. I agree -- it would be hilarious!

Clearly it should offer you a misspelling option, and if you select it, a composer should plummet from the sky.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Jocchan said:
From Hell.
You just want me to

Ramenman

Tobor said:
Where are you guys getting the avatars from?

Some of them are left I think, maybe one or two :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16212613&postcount=860

Ramenman said:
OKAY GAF LET'S SPREAD THE LOVE !

As you can see this neat bunch of artworks from Nintendo Power has a lot of potential uses, I made few avatars out of it.
I've mainly done the Human-shaped ones (they fit the avatar's proportions the most), I may do some more but not right now.

They all fit the avatar size restrictions, and they're hosted on tinypic so you can hotlink them right away.

2jeplcx.jpg
23vhv04.jpg
x4n0a1.jpg
1tammu.jpg
b5qgs7.jpg
2ilzcsi.jpg
28ankg8.jpg
2h2md4x.jpg
33124xy.jpg
2n6rkht.jpg
2prci35.jpg
35227i9.jpg
2moo3d0.jpg

GDGF

Soothsayer
Tobor said:
Thanks guys.

/looks at scan

No robot. Shucks. :(

I would have had to battle you for that robot if there was one :lol

I'm thinking of making my own robot in the Scribblenauts style for an avatar.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Aww that big image is missing the ghost on a jet ski from the first trailer. But I love the art style and how all the joints have little pegs so it makes them look like paper dolls.

GDGF

Soothsayer
manueldelalas said:
First thing I'm going to try is the jetpack (I'm going to beat the whole game with jetpack and grappling hook =P)

I want to arm llamas with rocket launchers and attack samurai werewolves.

Tobor

GDGF said:
I would have had to battle you for that robot if there was one :lol

I'm thinking of making my own robot in the Scribblenauts style for an avatar.

My username gives me preference. :D

b.e.r.g

Ramenman said:
Godly !

Won't use it right now because my desktop is too busy, I would confuse the garbage in the WP with the garbage files on the desk. But good job.
Hehe, was in my mind while I was creating it, but I didn't mind since I don't use desktop icons :) ObjectDock > icons!

Thanks though ;)

Jackson

It just so happens we have early concept art for the robot.

Here ya go. :)

We don't have concept art for everything, so to everyone else, this isn't a license for everyone to inundate me with requests, but I knew we had a robot... so :)

robot.png

Jackson said:

We don't have concept art for everything, so to everyone else, this isn't a license for everyone to inundate me with requests, but I knew we had a robot... so :)

robot.png

i want a raptor

Jackson said:

robot.png

Awesome!

If you have one for a horse I can finally get rid of this avatar.

Tobor

Jackson said:

robot.png

MINE! :lol You rock, Jackson!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Jackson said:

Nice! I suppose that means I can't ask for the Scribblenauts concept art for Jack Bauer? :D

I'm going to try that - I'm going to type in "spy" or "agent" and see what pops up and who he resembles.

Shrinnan said:
Nice! I suppose that means I can't ask for the Scribblenauts concept art for Jack Bauer? :D

I'm going to try that - I'm going to type in "spy" or "agent" and see what pops up and who he resembles.

haha, needs to be in there.

Counter Terrorist
Special Agent

Tobor

Fuu said:
Here you go, with and without background:

http://i44.tinypic.com/9u45l0.pnghttp://i40.tinypic.com/hrd6jq.png[/IMG]

Much better than I was doing. Thank you kind sir. And thanks again, Jackson. Sorry if I initiated a storm of requests, but I really do appreciate it.

It's exactly what I pictured the concept art would look like, as well. Perfect.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jackson said:

Do you have concept art for Maxwell riding a dinosaur, stomping on robot zombies?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I SUMMONED GOD, GAVE HIM A FUCKING SHOTGUN AND SENT HIM ON A SKATEBOARD TO FIGHT MOTHERFUCKING CTHULHU!
Damn, Jackson, this game is awesome.

batbeg

New video is awesome to watch :D Awesome to watch some of the things I'd read about in person, like using the time machine.

I can't get over how great the style is, it looks amazing on those screens :eek:

Feep

Banned
Jocchan said:
I SUMMONED GOD, GAVE HIM A FUCKING SHOTGUN AND SENT HIM ON A SKATEBOARD TO FIGHT MOTHERFUCKING CTHULHU!
Damn, Jackson, this game is awesome.
You guys keep saying post 217 is so awesome, please recreate post 217. I hope this makes you realize that there are AN INFINITY NUMBER OF HYPER AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN THIS GAME

God needs some shades, too

Jackson said:

EmCeeGramr said:
i want a raptor

Graphics Horse said:
Awesome!

If you have one for a horse I can finally get rid of this avatar.

Shrinnan said:

ZealousD said:
Do you have concept art for Maxwell riding a dinosaur, stomping on robot zombies?

rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom