• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unlimited Coming to PC

Blizzard

Banned
So, not knowing anything about this game, I had to Wikipedia it, and what do I find? None other than our Blizzard as the mascot apparently.

Scribblenauts_post217.png

What's the backstory here?
Haha, I think I literally clipped the dinosaur from the original Scribblenauts DS cover art. It was at a point in time where lots of people were drawing custom Scribble-esque avatars, and I just took one of the official ones from the cover. :p So it definitely predated me.

That's awesome news. Keyboard and mouse will work well with Scribblenauts
Yep!

whoa! I will love seeing the art on PC, it will look crazy sharp
And this is one of the most awesome things about this (or the Wii U version). Scribblenauts seems like an ideal game to ask a living room full or friends or family what crazy word you should try next, and having the option of a TV or big screen PC monitor makes that a lot easier.

Given the typing interface for inputting objects, the PC seemed like a natural fit all along. Thank you, Jackson! Now we can overlook your shoes.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Normally I would buy this for PC as I agree, it will be the definitive version.

However, my friends will want to join in, and I think the family room will be the best and definitive atmosphere of play for this. I didn't like the DS versions because my friends kept wanting to experiment, which was funny but annoying. The Wii U offers the best of single and multiplayer, family room style.

In any matter, this will be a ton of fun.

bengraven

Really shocked it took so long.

When I saw the first Scribblenauts I figured a budget PC port would be out shortly afterwards. I mean, it's basically MADE for a k/m, much more intuitive than the touchscreen.

Mind you, I will be getting this day 1. I loved Scribblenauts and an actual platformer instead of mini-stages is exciting to me.

Salsa

I bet steam release really.

The game isnt coming out for Xbox, why would they be stupid enough to use GFWL?

kuroshiki

Meh.

When it was announced first here GAF clamored the best game of forever.

I played it and it was just meh. GAF hyperbole will not get me again.

Twinduct

Nice! Liked the first one on DS, but the control killed me.
Was hoping for a PC release down the line for the second one.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Meh.

When it was announced first here GAF clamored the best game of forever.

I played it and it was just meh. GAF hyperbole will not get me again.

Super Scribblenauts fixed the majority of the major problems of the first. This looks like it's improving even more.

As ive said in the wiiU thread this time the game has females and males for every character in the game. No more gender sign text bubble with the character still looking the same.

Also theres LOTS of easter eggs ;)

BTW The art is the same resolution in WiiU and PC. So the game is the same quality and both of them look equally sharp.

The story is really cute and fun and has amazing 2d handmade animations, and the world is a giant interconnected sandbox.

ScOULaris

Day 1, baby. I've been waiting for a chance to play Scribblenauts rendered in HD resolution, and a PC release seems to be the ideal solution. Having a keyboard handy will naturally make summoning things much easier and quicker, and if they include an infrastructure for mods and multiplayer this game could really be the definitive version of the Scribblenauts formula.

Consider me hyped.

Day 1, baby. I've been waiting for a chance to play Scribblenauts rendered in HD resolution, and a PC release seems to be the ideal solution. Having a keyboard handy will naturally make summoning things much easier and quicker, and if they include an infrastructure for mods and multiplayer this game could really be the definitive version of the Scribblenauts formula.

Consider me hyped.

Theres multiplayer and create your own object sharing (for wiiU and PC) so I dont think you will need mods, as you can create already objects within the game. Also IF it uses GFWL (as the majority of WB titles) complicates the things.

The Boat

Unless the WiiU Pad brings something really new to the table, this will probably be the version to get, this not to mention Steam promotions. Sweet.

I'll probably eventually double dip, but despite the keyboard I think the Wii U version has to be the definitive one. Notably the gamepad, as I've been looking forward to this game since the Wii U was launched.

But man, imagine it on Steam? What a crazy awesome world we live in

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'll probably eventually double dip, but despite the keyboard I think the Wii U version has to be the definitive one. Notably the gamepad, as I've been looking forward to this game since the Wii U was launched.

But man, imagine it on Steam? What a crazy awesome world we live in

well it will most likely be available on steam ( most PC games are available on Steam nowadays) but then again this is WB,so it'll be a GFWL title :(

Bluth54

I wonder if Jackson can say anything about the DRM yet. It would be amazing if it was Steamworks with Steam Workshop integration.

I'll be picking this up for PC.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I wonder if Jackson can say anything about the DRM yet. It would be amazing if it was Steamworks with Steam Workshop integration.

I'll be picking this up for PC.

well WB forced GFWL on all of their PC released games Batman AA and AC, MK Arcade Kollection and even Gotham City Impostors...so yeah.

(and Witcher 2 EE don't count because they don't own the IP and Witcher 2 was already released by a different publisher).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well WB forced GFWL on all of their PC released games Batman AA and AC, MK Arcade Kollection and even Gotham City Impostors...so yeah.

(and Witcher 2 EE don't count because they don't own the IP and Witcher 2 was already released by a different publisher).

I think FEAR 3 is the one and only exception.

This better be an eShop game. Considering it's $5 on the App Store, I'd be willing to pay $20 max for this. If it's priced at $59.99, they're insane.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This better be an eShop game. Considering it's $5 on the App Store, I'd be willing to pay $20 max for this. If it's priced at $59.99, they're insane.

The App Store version is quite significantly cut down from both the DS versions (I own all three)--it's still good fun, but the levels are quite simple and few in number compared with the DS versions. I would expect a price above $20 but below $50 for this on launch, but as with everything else on Steam you'll see pretty aggressive sales and promotions once it's out.

shaowebb

Fuck yes. If on Steam, I will buy it, and actually play it too.

Steam = the 20th which is in a few minutes if it hits midnight EST for $29.99 (which I doubt)

Either way strap on your hats boys and girls we are about to see net go crazy with the object editer on Steam and snapshots/streams will abound.

Streaming Scibblenauts and taking chat requests? God yes! Dont' forget that WB let them put the Mortal Kombat cast in this alongside of a TON of DC stuff (especially Batman characters). Go crazy everyone.

Top Bottom