• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE announces Chaos Rings III (iOS/Android) and Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy (Vita)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Was there a localization announcement somewhere in there I missed? Dunno whatcha'll all excited about. Cause you know, we get all the games we want localized, localized...
Square Enix's iOS games usually come over (barring something very culturally incompatible), so this is a pretty safe bet, at least on iOS.

OmegaDL50

Then "Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy" is a very weird name. Even though the first game is already playable on Vita through the PSM port, I can see them just doing I+II+III.

Also, how big is Media Vision? They're working on Shining Resonance (PS3), Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Vita) and this.

Media Vision developed almost the entire mainline Wild Arms series for Sony, that might put into perspective of how large they are.

There's a premium car pack on Asphalt 8 that goes for $99.99! You can't play certain tracks without that pack!!! Bonkers!!!

This is false, nothing in Asphalt 8 requires you to pay cash to unlock stuff. In fact every single vehicle in the game can be obtained by playing the game and grinding for the money to buy it. Of course this takes a considerable amount of time to do, but it's different then the sort of paywall that requires real money to make any significant progress in the game, like mobile version of Dungeon Keeper for example.

Gala

Will definitely double dip on the Chaos Rings Vita Triology. Loved the games on iOS, especially Chaos Rings II.

Takao

Banned
Will the trilogy ps vita version have a physical release out West?? Or digital only??

Square Enix hasn't announced Chaos Rings III or the Vita collection for a western release yet.

Media Vision developed almost the entire mainline Wild Arms series for Sony, that might put into perspective of how large they are.

That was a long time ago. They have to be a decent size, because they're doing this:

- Chaos Rings III (October)
- Shining Resonance (December)
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (2015)

Even during their Wild Arms days, I don't believe they were that active.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Important series, hehehehehe oh SE.
To be fair to SE, the part about it being an important series was Silliconera's own comments.
And Chaos Ring is an important series on mobile.

Chaos Rings III IAP purchases:

Bag of gold .......$0.99
10 bags of gold...$2.99
Costume pack 1...$3.99
Costume pack 2...$4.99
XP pack (can be bought multiple times!)..$5.99
20 bags of gold....$7.99
Ending 1........$9.99
Ending 2.........$12.99
Japanese language option....$14.99
Real ending...........$19.99
Real ending with final boss......$29.99
Ultimate boss.............$59.99
Unlock everything.......$99.99

Ugh that would be so depressing. Please be like I, II and Omega in terms of pricing. ><

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played the shit out of 1 and 2. I'm hyped for 3!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh my god.

Vita love. <3

Now I wonder if the trophies are doable...

RyoonZ

Banned
Pretty cool, Media.Vision do a lot of stuff recently, just checked they have 110 employee as of April 2014, Wikipedia still wrote them as 48 people. Hope it's localized!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mmmm... i dunno, Square gonna Square, i can see it having something wrong, i mean it's written nowhere that it has the 3-4 games, it sounds to me more like a limited edition with a book with artworks and a summary of the story so far... I hope to be wrong or having misunderstood though.

Glass Rebel

I'm kinda saddened by the fact that the last non-CR game by Media.Vision to be released outside of Japan was that Dragon Ball game for Wii. Chaos Rings was terrible. Mechanically uninteresting with a ho-hum story and boring enemy designs. The only things I somewhat enjoyed were the character art and some of the music which ranged to great to utterly unmemorable. Oh well...

ViciousDS

Banned
I actually liked the first 2 chaos rings........the third one should be pretty good. That Vita package sounds interesting. Highly doubt when I get a playstationTV I would be able to play this as I know it heavily uses the touch screen.....maybe doable on a DS4 and PSTV combo?

iPhone it is

koutoru

I enjoyed Chaos Rings 2 on my smartphone even though I hardly game on it in the first place.

It had some pretty nice 3D visuals for an game that only needed Android 2.3 to run it.
It would be awesome to see what they could do when they make the jump to 4.0.

AmanoBuff

If they are indeed bringing the entire collection to Vita and somehow it's gets localized I'm all in.

Although I plan to remain a bit cautious. I purchased Chaos Rings from PSM some time ago and it run awfully on my Vita. I might wait to see if the performance improved in the final Vita version of this release.

And now that I see SQEX supporting Vita, I'm actually hyped for TGS.
Please FFXII HD Vita/PS3!!

hohoXD123

The other games looks like a solid enough little JRPGs.

I am interested.
Now watch that Vita version never leave japan
The first three are already localised and I'm guessing CR3 will be too. Don't see why it would be too much trouble to bring it to Europe/NA.

Well, I like this news. I enjoyed Chaos Rings 1, although the Vita port was horrible.

I was actually gonna buy the rest of the games on my new phone, but I'm gonna wait and see what's happening with this Vita version. Hopefully it'll come to the west as digital only or maybe we'll get an Asian release with English compatibility since the games are already translated.

FDC1

Well, I like this news. I enjoyed Chaos Rings 1, although the Vita port was horrible.

I was actually gonna buy the rest of the games on my new phone, but I'm gonna wait and see what's happening with this Vita version. Hopefully it'll come to the west as digital only or maybe we'll get an Asian release with English compatibility since the games are already translated.

It wasn't a Vita port, it was a PSM port.

Widge

I remember I thought CR1 was "ok". I didn't like the 2 person party mechanic and I didn't find the actual levels or plot too enthralling.

I hope this changes things.

Minsc

Gold Member
I remember I thought CR1 was "ok". I didn't like the 2 person party mechanic and I didn't find the actual levels or plot too enthralling.

I hope this changes things.

The plot did get a bit more interesting as you went through the other storylines. Just beating the game on one path was ok, but as you saw more paths the story opened up a bit more at the end and it got more interesting... then you are able to complete the story after finishing the four branches. I enjoyed it enough to see it through.

The 2 person combat system was a very limited though, and the weakest link, aside from the way it is structured to almost play like a dungeon crawler, where you just have one main hub to get supplies, then you descend to a chosen level and clear it and return to the main hub and repeat. Except the levels were always easy, even if you purposively picked the ones that were supposed to be difficult.

The puzzles were occasionally fun though, at least. And the pre-rendered backgrounds were pleasant enough as well.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
61FVwbpXcGL.jpg

Vita really is a PS2 to Japanese developers...

Oh nice, despite various shortcomings I really enjoyed 1 and Omega, I hope this gets localized so that I can try out 2.

Those screens of 3 look really different to the other two games though, plus 5 person parties seems odd for the franchise.

Lucifon

Hope this gets released in the UK. I'm not really fussed if it's digital only or physical too (although would prefer physical). I've never played Chaos Rings but always fancied it, and heard it was a good series. Having the whole lot on my Vita would be awesome.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Really enjoyed Chaos Rings, especially the 2nd one. Great music, interesting story, game got a bit repetitive though, at least in the first one.
Looking forward to part 3. :)

Top Bottom