• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE Working on Romancing SaGa 2 English PS Vita release

Arzehn

Since I was unsure if my phone would run the game I'm glad they are going ahead with this. Hoping the reason for delay is because they're fixing the bugs that Aeana mentioned.

Teknoman

Damn it.

There isnt any chance to be able to share save files is there lol?

Of course I could just double dip for the hell of it...

Hellraider

Would it be too much to ask for the other half a dozen vita games Senix skipped? Would it be so hard to stick with a long term plan for this company? Sigh.

Good that Square are changing their minds about Vita finally. Me thinks this is more Kawazu's doing more than anyone else at Square though (he is a bit of a Vita fan, by all accounts).

Thanks SE, Vita fans yelled from their top of their lungs for western support and you guys listened. Time for the fans to put their money where their mouth is.

I hope they fix the bugs in the Vita version and maybe enable Vita TV support, which the JP version doesn't have.
I didn't even think it wouldn't have PS TV support... just sort of assumed any new Vita game would, though I guess I wouldn't really know since I basically just play the same few games on mine. Really hope it does have PS TV enabled.

AmyS

Amazing news.

Naturally, I'd much prefer to have a Vita version than the iOS version.

I first learned of the original SFC version in Electronic Gaming Monthly's International Outlook column, bringing news and previews of the latest games from Japan.

DjuHloU.jpg

QsZXyMP.jpg

BktlV82.jpg

haha I remember that, still have that issue. actually, was probably one of the very first gaming mags I ever bought... EGM #50 and #51 with the MK vs SF and the Super SF covers. So that #53 wouldn't have been much after.

AmyS

haha I remember that, still have that issue. actually, was probably one of the very first gaming mags I ever bought... EGM #50 and #51 with the MK vs SF and the Super SF covers. So that #53 wouldn't have been much after.

I'm glad somebody remembers. Yea, this was the December 1993 issue. I'll have to look to see if EGM had any SaGa 2 coverage after that preview.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Amazing news.

Naturally, I'd much prefer to have a Vita version than the iOS version.

I first learned of the original SFC version in Electronic Gaming Monthly's International Outlook column, bringing news and previews of the latest games from Japan.

Y's 4 CD

tumblr_inline_nhcm2hQ5Wo1qz7oa1.png

Joqu

Well I'll definitely be supporting the Vita release then, nice to hear they're reconsidering their stance on this stuff. Definitely surprised.

Adventures of Mana would be nice too I think. Dunno if that one has particularly bad Vita issues.

I was afraid to make this thread, so I'm glad somebody else did.

This is a huge relief and great news all around for us holdouts. It's nice to not have been ignored on this one. Square Enix has gone on the record so many times saying things that amount to "there are Vita fans?" and "yeah, yeah, we hear you, but don't expect anything from us."

This always seemed like the lowest risk opportunity for us to prove we want SE games on Vita in 2016. It's nice to have that opportunity. Losing Setsuna and Mana was really hard, but losing SaGa was the hardest.

18-Volt

I really hope this also means Scarlet Grace in west. Unlocalized DS remakes once crushed all my hopes for the future of SaGa franchise in west but things seem to be changing now.

I didn't know Kawazu had a Twitter account...

On topic, I already bought it for Android, but will double dip on Vita because it's SaGa. Also anything that will heighten the chances of Scarlet Grace making it westward.

bucklam66

Nice day one purchase on the Vita , glad I didn't buckle and get the Android, although I will probably buy when it goes on a sale still on a SE play store sale.

Murdamonk

Wow.. 2 English Square Enix games announced for the Vita in a less than a week...

Hmmmm... Thats it, Sony Ps Vita 2 confirmed... ;)

Tohsaka

I'm assuming Sony threw them some money. Because they've done quite the 180 on these last two vita announcements.

Either that, or they finally noticed other publishers like IFI, XSEED, NISA, Aksys etc. continuing to localize Vita games and managing to profit off them, and figured out that we actually will buy games if they bring them over.

cj_iwakura

Either that, or they finally noticed other publishers like IFI, XSEED, NISA, Aksys etc. continuing to localize Vita games and managing to profit off them, and figured out that we actually will buy games if they bring them over.

There must be serious bank here if Square finally took notice.

cj_iwakura

Sony doesn't give a shit about the Vita. This is highly unlikely. You think they paid to get romancing saga and DQB? no

They can't completely ignore it, their blog constantly has updates about PSV/PS4 releases. It's not successful enough to warrant their full attention, but makes enough money that they have to at least acknowledge its existence.

They can't completely ignore it, their blog constantly has updates about PSV/PS4 releases. It's not successful enough to warrant their full attention, but makes enough money that they have to at least acknowledge its existence.
Most PS Blog posts are written by third party PR

The full extent of their support is "we're not stopping anyone from making games for it"

RK128

I think this is what happened honestly.

They didn't bother with Sasuanta the same reason Gust didn't localize Azure of Night on Vita; it ran bad and poorly reflected the studio. So, they localize the better running versions instead.

I really wonder what pushed Square to support the Vita all of a sudden. I really think its your answer, as they see strong digital sales for other JP titles in US, EU & Japan, so they likely want in on some of that money too by throwing us Vita owners a bone.

Very happy with this news and hope this leads to World of FF and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 to landing on Vita in the future.

wrowa

I'm not sure if "working on it" is supposed to be a confirmation or if they're just trying to bring it over.

RK128

I'm not sure if "working on it" is supposed to be a confirmation or if they're just trying to bring it over.

Well, localization is already done, so logically, they would have to implant the localized text into the games coding and making sure it runs well on Vita, no glitches with the text and ensuring the game is stable without the JP text I imagine.

It is a good amount of work, but not to the point where they would say 'This isn't worth it' I feel.

The fact they said they are working on it is nice enough honestly, so even if we never get the game, at least they know there is an interest in Vita versions of their software.

Top Bottom