• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE Working on Romancing SaGa 2 English PS Vita release

gAJNHla.png

https://twitter.com/SaGa25kawazu/status/736425328613040129

Dremark

Banned
I guess it's a good thing I didn't jump right in. If this sells well it would be cool if the FDA remake got it's Vita version localized too, I'd double dip if it did.

MilkBeard

I think this bodes well for SaGa Scarlet Grace being localized. At least I hope so :) even a digital download and a digital PS4 version would be tremendous.

Hell, port everything to Steam and build a PC fanbase :) SaGa needs it.

Aters

Of course they announce it after the mobile version release, gotta get that double dip money. Nicely done SE, nicely done.

MilkBeard

Of course they announce it after the mobile version release, gotta get that double dip money. Nicely done SE, nicely done.

And the Vita version will most definitely be superior. I mean, having button controls already will make it leagues better.

Given their recent statements and decisions, I think it's likely this is actually just a push by Kawazu. Not so much a plan to milk it as a delay on the back of SE brass not seeing any potential for good sales on vita in the west. That said, DQB is coming over (albeit digitally) so who fucking knows any more.

Aeana

I hope they fix the bugs in the Vita version and maybe enable Vita TV support, which the JP version doesn't have.

awesome. it's gonna be physical only, but its better than nothing!

Assuming you mean digital, it was digital only in Japan too.

Ray Down

Banned
I think this bodes well for SaGa Scarlet Grace being localized. At least I hope so :) even a digital download and a digital PS4 version would be tremendous.

Hell, port everything to Steam and build a PC fanbase :) SaGa needs it.

Seeing how it's made in Unity a PC/PS4 port isn't out of the question.

Though wonder how the game will run seeing how it's made in Unity, with SE past efforts with it on Vita. (Agito having trouble running to where they weren't releasing it and Setsuna issues)

duckroll

This is good news for S-E fans with Vitas. Seems like between this and DQB hitting Vita, they're actually changing their policy about not doing Vita games!

Though wonder how the game will run seeing how it's made in Unity, with SE past efforts with it on Vita. (Agito having trouble running to where they weren't releasing it and Setsuna issues)

The game's already out, no need for wondering.

MilkBeard

I don't really have high expectations for the performance of Scarlet.

We haven't seen anything of the game yet so we have no idea what the budget for the game will be like, but my guess is that they will be working on a tight budget.

--

Anyway, this is a really good time for SaGa fans. Even playing Romancing SaGa 2 on mobile is great. I had all but given up on SaGa games in the west. it seems that our prayers are being answered :)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Glad I held out on the iOS version then. Hope they're going to localize Adventures of Mana Vita also.

hongcha

Great news! I'm playing the JP Vita version right now and loving it. I'll pass on the English iOS version and buy this one instead, when it is released.

Aters

Given their recent statements and decisions, I think it's likely this is actually just a push by Kawazu. Not so much a plan to milk it as a delay on the back of SE brass not seeing any potential for good sales on vita in the west. That said, DQB is coming over (albeit digitally) so who fucking knows any more.

Nah I was joking. Good for SE.

RalchAC

The more people can play it the better!

Considering FFIX is 20€ on steam, I hope the game is priced well. 20-25€ will be quite nice.

However, I understand circumstances are different, since the localisation is brand new. We'll see.

Shin-chan

I honestly wonder if there was any market in the west for this game on mobile, particularly for the price they were asking.

I'm glad though, I'll get it day one even if it's more expensive due to some buttons tax.

Eusis

Yay.

But I do wonder if performance issues may make iOS at least preferable anyway. But it gives more reason to polish up that translation.

randomkid

I was 100% ready to get this minute one on Android, then when I tried to buy the game it was somehow not compatible with my Galaxy S3. So I was going to buy a new phone for this.

Then after shopping delays, tonight I caved in and was literally on the purchase screen on my iPad ready to add funds right before I checked twitter.

So now it looks like I'll be waiting even longer. But I'm very happy I'll get to play comfortably with buttons and an OLED screen, and hope that the localized version will include bug fixes. This is so exciting, and is making me feel much more optimistic about our chances of getting Scarlet Graces too.

Top Bottom