• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves (XB1/PC) Gameplay Reveal - Xbox E3 2016

Hype deflated quite a bit.
I'm not a fan of multiplayer online only games and from th3 video it looks like I will struggle to play by myself.

Stiler

Looked like fun, shame none of my rl friends have xbox though :(, not sure how fun it'd be with no one to really play with.

Those thinking the streamers/players were unwatchable/annoying... man, i'd love to see recordings of you and your pals playing lol. Seemed completely normal and acceptable to me! Group of friends playing a light-hearted pirate game.

Exile20

That was terrible. The one game I wanted to play from MS and it is of fans playing it. I need more info on the game man, not even a release date?

Byvar

I thought this looked fantastic. Only good thing in the conference for me, actually. I'm glad this is coming to PC, because I'd love to try this out with my friends.

Great- I love video demo's of 17-20 yr olds screaming random phrases at a camera for attention, it's just like youtube. I can't even get to watch the gameplay that's so off putting.

Spoo

Looks really fun!

And c'mon GAF, we're all buds here. If you don't have friends to play with, this community will fix that.

The way they showed it litterally made me throw up. If this facecam reaction shit is becoming a thing at E3 Im flushing my Nintendo down the toilet.

ultron87

That looked really awesome. I hope losing a ship isnt a super big deal, because I want it to be jolly pirate fun time and not getting annoyed with friends because their poor aiming got the boat I saved for a month for sunk.

Here are my hands-on impressions of the game. Got to play a few weeks ago at Rare!! :)

http://www.rarefandabase.com/exclusive-sea-of-thieves-hands-on-impressions-at-rare-hq/

One really cool experience I had involving another fight was when my crew and I crashed into another ship. When were engaged in quite an epic battle when things got a wee bit out of control, resulting in both ships clashing directly into each other. It was at this moment that had the curious idea of whether or not I could somehow sabotage my foes’ ship from the inside. So I jumped from my own ship and successfully landed on theirs, and then commenced to lowering their anchor and hurriedly dashed away to start raising their sails. Unfortunately, my sabotaging was cut short as our play session came its close, but my curiosity at least was appeased.

Yeah, this sounds awesome lol.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The way they showed it litterally made me throw up.

KxV.gif

Starting to think some members here are taking their video games too seriously.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
looks like a cheap mmo....

Looks pretty neat, I'd like to know what else there is to do besides Guns of Icarus fights since they said it's an MMO. I just hope Rare didn't forget how to make games after all this time.

Top Bottom