• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Evans Reveals Hot Ones Boneless Chicken Bites | Hot Ones

Tuff McNutt

Big fan of the show and this seems like a good way to check out some of the sauces. I'd rather have bone-in wings, but I think I'll grab a bag of these this weekend for the Super Bowl.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Nice! Be careful if you aren't used to this sort of thing - no joke, one small drop on an entire dish or a few normal drops in a whole pot. If you want a nice kick in the butt, a toothpick's worth straight to the tongue will get you fired up.
Well it showed up today. I tried a toothpick first then a dab on spoonful of cold macaroni and cheese…pretty good stuff, I could see how overdoing it would backfire in multiple ways

Dural

I picked some up from Walmart last weekend and tried the sauces. First tried a finger tip of the last dab and didn't think it was too bad, then tried dipping the chicken in it and it was excruciating. I dipped it a few times so got a good amount on the chicken and it is unbelievable, I've ate habaneros raw and that doesn't compare. My mouth was numb, nose and eyes running. Liquid didn't help at all, I feel like it made it worse. I ate some more chicken with the other two sauces and that actually seemed to help a little. The other sauces were good, the Caliente is especially good, might pick a bottle of that up.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I bought some and, honestly, I don't like the texture of the chicken, it just doesn't taste right. It's like they chopped up a bunch of chicken meat and glued it together. I was expecting chicken breast 'bites'. The sauces are good, and yes the last dab will make you regret eating it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I bought some and, honestly, I don't like the texture of the chicken, it just doesn't taste right. It's like they chopped up a bunch of chicken meat and glued it together. I was expecting chicken breast 'bites'. The sauces are good, and yes the last dab will make you regret eating it.
I think most (all?) chicken 'nuggets' are made from a "meat foam" created by crushing chicken skeletons and processing the extruded tissue. Chicken 'strips' are slices of actual breast meat. I've never had a nugget that had the texture of a cut out chunk of breast meat.

I think most (all?) chicken 'nuggets' are made from a "meat foam" created by crushing chicken skeletons and processing the extruded tissue. Chicken 'strips' are slices of actual breast meat. I've never had a nugget that had the texture of a cut out chunk of breast meat.

boom smile GIF

Top Bottom