• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Young's "Blade Runner" Polaroids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen these before. Thought they'd be interesting to post. There's some more on teh googles, but I thought these were the best ones.
blade%2Brunner%2Bpolaroid.jpg

Polaroid-18.jpeg
rsz_blade_runner_polaroid_mary_sean_young2.jpg

Blade+runner+polaroids.jpg

abadguy

Banned
I always felt sorry for her for not getting the Catwoman role in Batman returns. Seems like she really wanted it badly.

Fun pictures. She really was stunning back then.

Yeah definitely. I rewatched Blade Runner on Blu Ray, once again, and I'm still stunned by how remarkably gorgeous she was.

I always felt sorry for her for not getting the Catwoman role in Batman returns. Seems like she really wanted it badly.

Yeah, I just happened to watch a short making of video on youtube and she said had she not fell off of that horse, her life/career would have gone somewhere else entirely. That must be a really horrible feeling. She seemed bummed about it.

Edit: Lol, yup, Harrison looks like he's on something!

Wow, never seen these either. Thanks. Love this one:

Think I might have to rewatch Blade Runner later now. Haven't seen it a few months I think :p

You're welcome dude, haha! :)

About Sean and Harrison, didn't they have a really terrible time working together? I remember watching a documentary (can't remember if it's on the Blu Ray or not) and Sean Young was apparently quite unprofessional around him. Bursting out laughing in romantic scenes and such.

Was she up for Catwoman, too? I remember the horse-riding incident being attributed to the Vicki Vale role.\

either way, i said damn at those polaroids

JohnDoe

Banned
Shit, something about her reminds me of old pics from my mom now that I think of it.
Her pics were from the 80s too though, so it might just be the style from that decade.

Fjordson

You're welcome dude, haha! :)

About Sean and Harrison, didn't they have a really terrible time working together? I remember watching a documentary (can't remember if it's on the Blu Ray or not) and Sean Young was apparently quite unprofessional around him. Bursting out laughing in romantic scenes and such.
Well I remember the blu-ray commentaries saying that it was just tough for them to work together because Sean Young was nervous and still somewhat new to major acting, whereas Harrison Ford was already a star and for the most part very serious and straight down to business. I think making BR was tough for everyone really.

Though I don't think they truly hated one another. There's a story about Harrison Ford straight up mooning Sean Young to try and get her to laugh and relax when they were filming the love scene because she was nervous/uncomfortable.

edit: couldn't help avatarizing the one I quoted :lol

Well I remember the blu-ray commentaries saying that it was just tough for them to work together because Sean Young was nervous and still somewhat new to major acting, whereas Harrison Ford was already a star and for the most part very serious and straight down to business. I think making BR was tough for everyone really.

Though I don't think they truly hated one another. There's a story about Harrison Ford straight up mooning Sean Young to try and get her to laugh and relax when they were filming the love scene because she was nervous/uncomfortable :lol

Lol!

That's it! I definitely remember that aspect too, BR being a super rough production overall. Good to know that it wasn't all bad news for them both acting together. Regardless, they did a great job. :)

Gah, I only rewatched a few weeks ago but I think I'll have to watch again this week. Such a wonderful film.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I've never seen these before! Thanks for sharing.

Who's in the second picture? I recognize Harrison Ford, Rutger Haur, Michael Deeley, and Ridley Scott, but not this fellow.

Fjordson

I've never seen these before! Thanks for sharing.

Who's in the second picture? I recognize Harrison Ford, Rutger Haur, Michael Deeley, and Ridley Scott, but not this fellow.
Yeah, me neither. After a quick glance it looked kinda like Gary Oldman :lol

tmarques

By the way, be careful when commenting on any Sean Young videos on YT. I made fun of her infamous Catwoman stunt on the Joan Rivers show without realising the video had been uploaded by herself and boy did she let me have it.

tmarques

Too bad she had all the severe mental issues she had, she had potential for a nice career otherwise.

I think she's still severely unbalanced to say the least, what with trying to crash Hollywood parties, stalking George Clooney in an attempt to remake Topper of all films... If she could get her sh*t together, I see no reason why she couldn't find steady work on television.

By the way, be careful when commenting on any Sean Young videos on YT. I made fun of her infamous Catwoman stunt on the Joan Rivers show without realising the video had been uploaded by herself and boy did she let me have it.

Wow really? What did she say?

You might have already seen this before, but this tumblr has some pretty cool behind the scenes-esque stuff also: http://1187hunterwasser.tumblr.com/

Thanks a lot man, I just had a quick flick and it's already fantastic. I love little insights into classics like Blade Runner. Makes me kinda sad at the same time though, since Harrison is so much older and that particular awesome moment is passed. It sounds dumb but yeah...at least pictures and places like tumblr can keep that kinda stuff archived. And the internet of course lol.

Nice avatar btw Fjordson. I liked your Number Six avatar previously, because I consider Battlestar Galactica the greatest tv show of all time, but I can totally understand why you changed it.

<3 Sean Young.

Cheebo

Banned
I think she's still severely unbalanced to say the least, what with trying to crash Hollywood parties, stalking George Clooney in an attempt to remake Topper of all films... If she could get her sh*t together, I see no reason why she couldn't find steady work on television.

Yeah, I worded it badly but it is pretty clear she still has issues. A career with such potential in the early 80's that was lost due to mental problems. Her complete break when she stalked Tim Burton before Batman Returns killed any chance of a career revival. No one wanted to work with someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom