• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sears Clearance - $0.97 notable current gen games

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't know how much everyone keeps up with CAG and their various clearance threads. They're often a bit messy for me to peruse. I just happened to stop by Sears today and was told that apparently they are getting out of the video game market, so pretty much everything gaming related was on clearance. Naturally, stuff like the consoles and expensive accessories were only $10 off so far, but they had a giant pile of clearance games. What was great was that there were tons of $0.97 games in the pile, none of which were marked as such. Today I picked up God of War III, Heavy Rain, CoD MW2, AC Brotherhood and Super Mario Galaxy for $0.97 each. There were a few things I wanted that were still a bit too high for me, and supposedly that store had already been cleaned out of many things already, but if you happen to be stopping by a Sears soon, it might be worth checking out. Now that I think about it, I really ought to have checked more of the first party Nintendo games just for more Club Nintendo points.

EDIT: Since many people are pointing this out, before you go using a tank of gas to go check it out, this is a very large YMMV.

EDIT 2:

GraveRobber said:
OK

Here's the 411:

The Exton Sears is Liquidating there Video Game department

Super YMMV, I mean literally, SUPER YMMV

It's best to call your Sears and see if they're "Liquidating the Video Game Department"
Go to sears.com, store locator, get local #, call, say "Electronics", then say "Product Info"
You will get a CSR ASAP, and ask them from there

The one closest to me doesn't even have a video game department anymore
One 8 miles away, has the department filled with $19.99 games and up

Lady said, some Sears are Liquidating their stock and removing video games, hence the $0.97 deal
Most are already liquidated quietly, or just returned back to warehouse or some shit like that

Keep an eye out if others say such and such Sears has this liquidation going, but this isn't all Sears nationwide, but individual Sear stores, who aren't making any money off the department, and getting rid of it
I think Sears is in the hole, so they wanna look presentable to a suitor by cutting/trim the fat away keeping them bogged down

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow, had no idea they're getting rid of stuff. I usually don't bother since it seems like a hassle to get price checks on stuff. Plus my Sears doesn't have any exciting usually

DarthWoo

is this for all sears or what?

Honestly I'm not sure. I didn't think to ask if it was nationwide or not. It was one of the larger 2-story mall Sears though (and not one of the closing ones), so I'd imagine that chances are good that it's not the only one in the same boat. The Sony wireless headsets were $25 off, but that was still a bit too rich for my blood.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't even know if the sears near me is still open. I know it was supposed to be closing but I don't know if they did yet, besides they never had many games there. I'd go look whenever I was having my car serviced and they had worse selection than Kmart usually does.

DarthWoo

I was ay my local Sears yesterday and they still wanted $200 for a PSP Go.

I missed out on them going to $50 about two months back at mine. :( I already have a 3000, but it would have been so nice to have to tote around all my PSN games without having to swap sticks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
There isn't a sears with games within an hour of me or I'd raid the pile just to use on gamestop trade in deals where you get 10$+ trade in for every 3 or so.

Really tempted to go check it out. Mine is about 15 minutes away but the weather is really shitty here, so I'm feeling lazy. Will post back with info, if I go.

TripOpt55

There was a Sears in the city next to my town... I don't even know if it is still there... haha. I think so. I will give it a look tomorrow maybe.

impact

Banned
Yea mine had nothing. Bunch of $20-30 games with most being old sports games and shit you can find in Gamestop for $10 used

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yea mine had nothing. Bunch of $20-30 games with most being old sports games and shit you can find in Gamestop for $10 used

Did you ring them up? The 2 games I ever bought anything at Sears, I had to get them to ring up the games to find the true clearance prices. Not saying they're 97 cents but I never trust their tags

DarthWoo

Didn't want anyone to think I was sending them on a snipe hunt, so here's my receipt from today.

001.jpg

DarthWoo

Did you ring them up? The 2 games I ever bought anything at Sears, I had to get them to ring up the games to find the true clearance prices. Not saying they're 97 cents but I never trust their tags

That's a definite necessity. Though the guy had told me about the prices, I initially did not see anything marked that way, so I assumed they had been totally cleaned out. It was just by sheer luck that I happened to pick up Heavy Rain and he offered to price check it for me. Had I picked up any other game that wasn't 97 cents, I probably would have left right then, but since that one was a success, I ended up picking up a large pile and walking over to the public price checker.

Top Bottom