• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official "Trailer" of Seasons of Heaven for Nintendo Switch released

Easy_D

never left the stone age
How on Earth is this gonna run on the Switch? Is there secret sauce involved? Does this dev *not* have a devkit and thus, are not privy to the specs and as such produced a trailer well beyond the system's capabilities?

Edit: Oh, literally answered in the tweet. Lol.

I think it'll be a scam the moment they ask for money, not before. Which could easily be coming soon.

Maybe scam is not the word, but a Sadness 2.0 situation. Some things never change with each Nintendo hardware, starting to the dissapointing specs and the vaporware software by wannabe indie studios.

kanuuna

I don't often get ticked off by music, but holy crap that is the most generic royalty free music to accompany a trailer.

Sendou

This was completely obvious. Wasn't it a bit strange this one title could be revealed as a Switch exclusive right now when nobody else can talk about their games? Not even the games that were shown in the teaser trailer lol.

KooopaKid

Banned
I do not believe this game will be good.
I do not believe this game will look like that.
I do not believe this game will see the light of day.

Carlius

Banned
BJOCxpG.gif

Kind of pointless to release that video, the game might end up looking totally different on the switch hardware

parity.

Snefer

well, pretty much everything that looked good there looked like stuff from the unreal marketplace or from the Kite demo :)

VariantX

I do not believe this game will be good.
I do not believe this game will look like that.
I do not believe this game will see the light of day.

Can't follow you on #1 and #3, but agree 100% with #2.
I personally despise seeing footage of a game on a platform other than the one youre selling to me.

Oddduck

The animations and framerate look rough, and that's the PC version.

Can't imagine how much worse it would look on Switch.

Damn those people interested in games for a new console.

I think the "issue" here is that this team is very blatantly trying to get extra coverage by saying their game will be Switch exclusive. The fact that they're showing off footage running on a PC and they don't even have a dev kit yet suggests they're not doing it for any other reason. It would be one thing if they were officially supported by Nintendo but that doesn't seem to be the case. All power to them to try to get the word out at whatever means possible, but it still comes off as a little opportunistic and an attempt to take advantage of people desperately wanting to know what games will ultimately be on Switch and what it's capabilities really are.

All righty, then. More Switch drama less than a month out. The next few weeks are gonna be great. :')

Wait what, they still don`t have a devkit? 0__0

KIMISHIMA, DROP THE BOMB!

fHRZsaE.gif

Perfect.

I hope nobody gives this project a cent until there's something honest and concrete in place. It's a pretty "trailer," but there's no substance so far.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Help me out, GAF, why is this trailer reveal big deal? Should I have heard of this game before today?
A switch exclusive was just announced that looks way better than what the console is actually capable of, turns out that's because it was on PC and the devs don't even have a devkit yet so it seems disingenuous at best and false advertising at worst.

If that was running on a PC then they must have a crappy computer if the frames are that bad.
On a technical level they absolutely loaded the level up with a ton of performance intensive features. If you're talking about the animation, that's what unfinished game animation looks like when a game is really early in development.

Definitely a case of seeking fifteen minutes of fame by bending the rules at best and outright lying at worst. Investigative articles have revealed that this game was rejected by Nintendo. That's why they don't have a Switch dev kit i.e. this game is categorically not a Switch exclusive. Nintendo were shown the game and didn't want it. They're just using the Switch name to gain attention. Everyone saying this game would be overlooked if it was in development for PS4 or Xbox One are on-point. No one would care if it wasn't for the Switch name. It's marketing genius really - but something tells me Nintendo might be coming down hard on them in the near future.

This is not a Switch exclusive. Nintendo rejected the game. From what we know there is no exclusivity agreement with Nintendo whatsoever.

Wow this new Switch exclusive is looking like Uncharted 4 levels of graphical fidelity. I guess the specs are more powerful than we thought, huh. What now, naysayers and trolls ;)

bethore

Anybody else feel that they HAD to show this because it was leaked by Laura Dale? This game is clearly not ready to be shown, but since pictures were leaked they were sort of forced to show it.

benbeaux

Banned
Its environments look interesting enough, and quite pretty at that. Character models and animation look incredibly early/rough however.

I'm interested to see where this goes, but It's not the kind of game that I feel the need to get day one.

Anybody else feel that they HAD to show this because it was leaked by Laura Dale? This game is clearly not ready to be shown, but since pictures were leaked they were sort of forced to show it.

Yeah looks like they were forced. Will probably be pretty similar to the Switch release if they are running it on dev kits.

No. It seems Like LKD and these guys cooperated on this "leak". Pretty gross if true imo.

True Fire

These devs have no shame. I hope they get the Hello Games treatment when the actual game has 0 foliage and a 600p resolution.

Plum

I almost feel sorry for the devs that their trailer comes out just after it's been practically confirmed that the Switch is nowhere near powerful enough to run the game, but only because the premise sounds decent.

Top Bottom