• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret of Mana Remake (PC/Vita/PS4, February 15th, 2018) Trailer

Wazzy

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I've been playing this on my phone but now I'm considering waiting until this releases to finish the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Absolutely crazy. This isn't the iOS Secret of Mana game, right?

Exentryk

Looks okay I guess. Not too hot.

introduction-fig02.jpg

introduction-fig05.jpg

inner-G

Banned
Looks pretty good, no combat in the trailer though so don't really have an impression on how it plays. Would like to see other games get this treatment cause they just don't make them like they used to.

On second thought, and after seeing those screens ^, I reconsider my statement.

jb1234

It doesn't look terribly far removed from their Seiken 1 remake (which I suppose is to be expected). I'll definitely pick it up on Steam.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It looks like Adventures of Mana remake but I'm guessing this is voiced?

guyssorry

Not digging the look, which sucks since the original is one of my favorite games. Oh well. A nice HD 2d remake would have been better.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
WOW

Style is a bit shit though.

Edit: ah this is the mobile remake? Never saw that.

Stencil

Having only played a couple hours of the original, this interests me. However, a lot of the charm apparently was in the sprite art. Ze graphics, zey do nothing [for me]!

Guess I'll have to enjoy the original on the SNES Classic.

Also, v hard not to come into topics like this and say "I wish it were for the Switch!" but, that's not what I did.

LordKano

It's based on their mobile engine and is reusing Adventures of Mana assets so yeah, that it looks like a mobile game isn't surprising.
If it's ever localized I'll buy it. 40 bucks tho.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not the best looking but I'm actually more concerned with how it plays. SoM with GOOD hit detection is a dream.

It's based on their mobile engine and is reusing Adventures of Mana assets so yeah, that it looks like a mobile game isn't surprising.
If it's ever localized I'll buy it. 40 bucks tho.

Of course it's localized. It's releasing on Steam. PSBlog Europe had a post for it. It was leaked on PSBlog Latin America.

Holy shit, day one baby, day one!

Makes my heart swell knowing that Seiken Densetsu is finally coming back in full force. And on STEAM!

Of course I'd rather see SD3 or Legend of Mana, but this is a start. Maybe they're remaking the Mana games one by one.

the dream is real

Known about this games forever, never played got to play it. Looking forward to finally remedying that. Art could have been better, yes, but not even close to a deal breaker for me.

IrishNinja

damn! was just listening to the OST again today, hype

not my first choice for a remake (that'd be Vagrant Story) but ill take it!

also wonder if we've any chance of that Switch collection making it here

maaaaan i forget if it was a mailer or from a mag or something but i had this as a mini poster up in the day, wish i still did

Top Bottom