• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Security guards sent to Infinity Ward. West and Zampella fired for "insubordination"

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Something's going on over at IW. Hard to say if it's good or bad.

Staff is "freaked out"

A source close to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 developer just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

Edit:

http://kotaku.com/5483427/activision-cites-infinity-ward-insubordination
Kotaku said:
Jason West and Vince Zampella, two lead developers at Infinity Ward, met with Activision earlier today. Then they seemed to disappear and "bouncer-types" showed up at the studio. This Activision filing might explain why.

"The Company is concluding an internal human resources inquiry into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward," Acitivsion states in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. "This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation. At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

Alucrid

Banned
Well, this doesn't seem good. I don't really know why they would do something like this, if it's what I'm thinking it is, CoD sells like hot cakes.

WinFonda

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since.
Holy shit. Bobby Kotick is the Don Corleone of the game industry.

Strike

wcmmvq.jpg

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Well this could be interesting.

Guts Of Thor said:
They probably could have seen them coming if their UAV was online.

Someone had to do it

I'm pretty sure security guards are cold blooded.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
"bouncer types" ?

infinity ward offices to be turned into a night club. staff to work behind the bar or table top dancing.

Daigoro

MattKeil said:
Hard to say if it's good or bad.

probably good though, right?

i mean a bunch of "bouncer type guys" show up at your doorstep and refuse to say why they're there.

im gonna say good.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The only time I've heard of stuff like this happen is when a studio is getting shut down.

...That can't really be happening to Infinity Ward can it?

Nirolak said:
The only time I've heard of stuff like this happen is when a studio is getting shut down.

Why not? If WaW proves anything, is that you don't need IW to make a top selling COD game.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
<looks at time>

Damn, they sure are working late.

I'm sure they're fine...or fired. =/

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Daigoro said:

i mean a bunch of "bouncer type guys" show up at your doorstep and refuse to say why they're there.

im gonna say good.
Hah, exactly what I was thinking. :lol

But seriously, this is some weird crap going on.

Gravijah

Daigoro said:

im gonna say good.

Something tells me he's talking about whether it's good or bad that Infinity Ward might be... well, not gonna jump the gun.

This is seriously a contender for one of the most f-ed up days in gaming history.

To make this day even crazier, my parents went on a cruise and their flight was delayed 4 hours, they landed 15 MINUTES before the boat left and they made it. Last two through the gate onto the boat.

KaYotiX

Banned
Nirolak said:

Why not? Activision has the CoD title, they could just have Treyarch do the rest of the games from here on out

Would fit right in line with what Kotick has been doing.....

kiun

Nirolak said:

It won't be a shutdown. I hope its not a massive layoffs 1up style.

cjdunn

1) What. The. Fuck?
2) Nice one, Vook.
3) I honestly thought something exactly like this would have happened to the Rockstar guys first.

They'll be fine so long as they don't equip dual shotties, lightweight and marathon.

Sucks if it does go down that way- Biggest selling game of the year doesn't protect you from Kotick the Executioner

GDGF

Soothsayer
:lol Holy shit.

Yeah, they're probably being fired en masse, and the bouncers are there to make sure no one steals intellectual property. Maybe one of the higher ups heard that there was going to be a defection soon and decided to nip it in the bud.

Top Bottom