• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Security guards sent to Infinity Ward. West and Zampella fired for "insubordination"

sdornan

I just remembered Kotick's plan to make Call of Duty multiplayer "pay-to-play". It could be fallout from a disagreement over that.

Animator

Ninja Scooter said:
I just called my buddy at IW. Shit just got real folks based on what he told me.

Well what did he tell you? Are you afraid they are going to find who he is going from super clues like "my buddy at iw" ?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm thinking that Activision is gonna merge Treyarch and IW. They wouldn't need two studios working on yearly iterations of CoD if it's subscription based.

Choc said:
The fact this is going down the night before Battlefield is out cannot be coincidence
Or... it is.

Bad Company 1 sold fuck all compared to Modern Warfare 1; why do you people think Activision or Infinity Ward is so scared of the sequel when MW2 has already sold millions upon millions of copies and continues to sell? This is fucking ridiculous.

Merguson

Banned
I decided to check out 402's Twitter..

"Phone currently will not stop ringing. I'm glad I changed my ringtone recently to something I like. "Shipping up to Boston" - Flogging Molly "

Firestorm

SapientWolf said:
I'm thinking that Activision is gonna merge Treyarch and IW. They wouldn't need two studios working on yearly iterations of CoD if it's subscription based.
Or lay off Infinity Ward and have the cheaper Treyarch produce everything.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
benita said:
Gerstmann/Klepek/Kennedy et al need to either spill the beans or admit they have as much an idea what's going on as the rest of us.

Saying "it's not a publicity stunt" without giving any further details is bullshit.

^^ Add Ninja Scooter to the list >:|
"investigative" games journalism results in getting some hot scoop off the record from a friend on aim, giggling and tip toeing over the road to the neighbouring bay area game journo office and sneaking into their bathroom to share a mutual hand job with your journo buddies while you whisper trade secrets into each others ears, then giggle off to twitter to make some vague allusions.

AGAIN, like the other thread, this reminds me of cliche horror movie moments:

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!"

"W.. what happened? Calm down! What happened?!"

"OH MY GOD... THE OFFICE.... T... THE OFFICE!!"

"What happened in the office. What's happening in the office, Kate?!"

"SOMETHING BAD HAS HAPPENED, JACK! I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS... YOU WON'T BELIEVE ME, JACK!"

"Kate... calm down. What's going on?"

"Jack... The studio heads are messing!"

"What? How? What happened?"

"I don't know Jack. There is security outside the building. This is insane!"

"Kate... you MUST know what's happening. You worked in the company for 5 years! They indeed update you with the info!"

"Yes, they do. I know what's happening. Jack... Jack, I'm sorry. I have to go."

"What? WAIT... KATE? KATE!!"

nyong

Banned
Come on people. PR stunt? Dollars to donuts the security guards are there to protect company resources from angry (former) employees. If this turns out to be anything but I'll eat my hat.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Merguson said:

"Phone currently will not stop ringing. I'm glad I changed my ringtone recently to something I like. "Shipping up to Boston" - Flogging Molly "
What are you doing in here? Get back to the thread.

Empty

If they wanted to distract from BC2 they'd announce details of a map pack or release new MW2 content, not magically create a hush hush story only talked about by people who follow gaming very closely that serves only to scare their employees shitless in some kind of grand marketing plan.

Ender A6

Neo Member
is there anyone that can confirm or deny the following:
original.png

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Firestorm said:
Or lay off Infinity Ward and have the cheaper Treyarch produce everything.
I don't think they would do that. They're gonna have to update the CoD engine sooner or later, and IW has more experience in that area.

scitek

So, Infinity Ward are the polar opposite of Clover as far as commercial success goes, but they will suffer the same fate? How the hell?

HungryRake

Neo Member
Merguson said:

I lol'd reading that. He didn't seem the least bit thrilled when he answered the phone.

berva said:
Might it be a terror threat of some kind?

I'm pretty sure the actual government and police would be involved if that were true. Basically when a developer has security guards show up 9 time out of 10 jobs will be lost.

AkuMifune

Banned
Merguson said:

dropkick-murphys.jpg

Not Flogging Molly!

benita

Banned
To everyone saying that a fake layoff would be a terrible PR stunt:

All we know is that "bouncer types" have shown up at the office. There has been no fake/real layoff as of yet.

I'm certainly not saying that this IS all a stunt or that the studio ISN'T being closed. All i'm saying is that all speculation is valid until we know more.

Or until one of our illustrious journalists actually puts their money where their mouth is.

I AM JOHN! said:
Or... it is.

Bad Company 1 sold fuck all compared to Modern Warfare 1; why do you people think Activision or Infinity Ward is so scared of the sequel when MW2 has already sold millions upon millions of copies and continues to sell? This is fucking ridiculous.

Speaking of the so-called kidnapped studio heads did anyone call 911?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ender A6 said:
is there anyone that can confirm or deny the following:
original.png
Well, his LinkedIn now says this (note how it says March 2010 as opposed to Present):

President/Game Director/CCO/CTO
Infinity Ward
Public Company; ATVI; Computer Games industry

January 2001 – March 2010 (9 years 3 months)

Also, said job title is in the "Past" category as opposed to "Current."

shagg_187 said:
AGAIN, like the other thread, this reminds me of cliche horror movie moments:

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!"

"W.. what happened? Calm down! What happened?!"

"OH MY GOD... THE OFFICE.... T... THE OFFICE!!"

"What happened in the office. What's happening in the office, Kate?!"

"SOMETHING BAD HAS HAPPENED, JACK! I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS... YOU WON'T BELIEVE ME, JACK!"

"Kate... calm down. What's going on?"

"Jack... The studio heads are messing!"

"What? How? What happened?"

"I don't know Jack. There is security outside the building. This is insane!"

"Kate... you MUST know what's happening. You worked in the company for 5 years! They indeed update you with the info!"

"Yes, they do. I know what's happening. Jack... Jack, I'm sorry. I have to go."

"What? WAIT... KATE? KATE!!"
WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!

berva

Neo Member
BravoSuperStar said:
I'm pretty sure the actual government and police would be involved if that were true. Basically when a developer has security guards show up 9 time out of 10 jobs will be lost.

True, it explains why the bosses ain't there, cowards.

"There's little solid info on this story thus far, but here goes: Patrick Klepek at G4 is reporting that after several months of "tense" relations between Activision and Infinity Ward, and a morning meeting between the studio heads at IW and their corporate parent, said studio heads' whereabouts are unknown and security personnel have arrived outside of IW headquarters."

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/22197/Strange-Goings-On-At-Infinity-Ward-Offices/

ChuBoi

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
Well, his LinkedIn now says this (note how it says March 2010 as opposed to Present):

Infinity Ward

holyyyy shit.

~Kinggi~

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:

Infinity Ward

Pretty much sealing the deal here either everyone was fired, or just the top dogs, and people are pissed cause they liked the top dogs.

Top Bottom