• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA 3D Classics getting a retail package in Japan?

Dupe post, sorry.

And yeah, I uses to import Sega and Namco classics for PS1 and Saturn and figuring out the menus could be a major chore.

wondermega

Damn I love that game. It gets absolutely no love, and in retrospect it wasn't a great game or anything (but definitely not bad either), and it had no real reason to be in 3D. But, simply because it was in 3D, I played the hell out of that game. I really like the music and graphics in that game, and the gameplay was a lot of fun. Kind of a mix of gauntlet and Legend of Zelda, without the Zelda item progression stuff. I remember when I figured out that you could get an extra life by hitting an enemy when you grabbed the rod.

I would love for that game to come back onto modern hardware.

I remember picking up Maze Hunter at a garage sale along a the 3D specs. It looked pretty lame and the title wasn't exactly commanding, but what the hell. Brought it home & fired it up, DAMN, instantly swept away. Segascope 3D games were like nothing else out there. I'd pick up all the SMS 3D games in a heartbeat if they released over here!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy shit, that Mega Drive theme is amazing:
Damn, that looks awesome.

god... it does the "SEEEGAAAA" jingle when you start up a game

this is fucking incredible
Oh god, please let this come over. I'm VERY tempted to break my "don't pay for themes" rule.

What does the '80s arcade center theme look like?

Not getting my hopes up, but would be AMAZING if we got a theme for buying one or so many of the games.

Voliko

I told myself I wouldn't waste money on any themes. I told myself they are dumb and pointless. I have changed my mind today

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a demonstration of the theme on Youtube or anything?
I think we'll get one tomorrow. I just checked Nintendo Japan's YouTube account & the newest themes they have demonstrations of are from last week on the 10th.

Same goes for the site that has a list of all the themes available.

Is there a demonstration of the theme on Youtube or anything?
I posted the same link Bankslammer did but 10 minutes later! HOW EMBARRASSING. Regardless, the MD theme is ace and comes highly recommended from me, a near-anonymous person on the Internet. Endorsements don't get more ringing than that, folks.

Damn, when I saw "3D classics" I was thinking Daytona, Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop.

That being said, I'd definitely buy this for 3DS if it came over here.

@MUWANdo

Banned
These games are import friendly but I'm guessing the cart won't play on a NA 3DS right?

Nope.

Most of the games on the cart are either already available on the NA/PAL eShop or will be available as of next year; the only games that are exclusive to the physical release are the Master System games (Space Harrier 3D and Outrun 3D).

Garou

As someone who grew up when you had to choose sides between SNES and MD it blows my mind to have such a lovely homage on a Nintendo-system.

0o4O3DX.jpg

7MgjskB.jpg

TG1ss0u.jpg

8J57rLr.jpg

well that's four more dollars here

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I want to see the Outrun theme & the choice of music used for the main menu.

....maybe the Sonic 1 one as well, but I totally would prefer a Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) one....along with a 3D Classics version of it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you guys keep reminding me that this awesome collection exists, and will probably never come because Sega can't localize shit these days on their own? ;_;

@MUWANdo

Banned
Are there any UK/EU release dates yet, i want that OutRun 3D!

IIRC, they said they'd be releasing one a month, starting with 3D Afterburner II, so if they follow the same release order as in Japan we're probably looking at March/April for 3D Outrun.

EDIT: if you mean the SMS game, it's exclusive to the retail collection which will probably never come out anywhere else.

Finally got my copy in.

Not really a whole lot new to report to those familiar with the eShop releases. Didn't really play Space Harrier enough to tell you about the differences between this port and the first eShop version. The menu and intro feature the neat Sugimori illustrations. Professor Asobin gives you tips on loading screens.

OutRun still rules, for those curious.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Finally got my copy in.

Not really a whole lot new to report to those familiar with the eShop releases. Didn't really play Space Harrier enough to tell you about the differences between this port and the first eShop version. The menu and intro feature the neat Sugimori illustrations. Professor Asobin gives you tips on loading screens.

OutRun still rules, for those curious.

They added a bunch more goofy credits screens, if you wanna see something new.

They added a bunch more goofy credits screens, if you wanna see something new.

Oh huh, these are fun, lol.

Was there something like this in the original releases? I briefly checked a few of the standalone ones I have, and they just had stylized gameplay accompanying the credits, from what I can tell.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Oh huh, these are fun, lol.

Was there something like this in the original releases? I briefly checked a few of the standalone ones I have, and they just had stylized gameplay accompanying the credits, from what I can tell.

3D Thunder Blade had something similar and some of the earlier releases from the second volume had little character cameos but the credits sequences in the retail collection are all new, I think.

Top Bottom