• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announces BLEACH The3rd Phantom (DS)

Dina

growth_share_matrix.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Well at least there were 2 awesome Bleach games and now Treasure is working on something different.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
duckroll said:
Except this time it's not a fighter, but an all star cast + original characters strategy RPG. WTF. Doesn't look like Treasure is working on it either, and it's due this Winter. Boo.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dascu

A Bleach SRPG? You know, that could be interesting. There's lots of different characters that all have their own little fighting skills, so building up your team could be fun.

Kyoufu

SRPG? Colour me interested. We need more anime/manga licenses that go the way of RPGs, instead of milked fighters.

Sixfortyfive said:
What? Bleach 2nd was better than the first in every conceivable way sans team options.

In terms of gameplay mechanics and stuff it was better but there was far too many joke characters for my liking.. that ruined it for me, especially the site teasers and stuff which tried to hide these jokers from the main characters. Un-needed crappy hype, that ended with a bigger but overall disappointing roster

Aurora

Sixfortyfive said:
What? Bleach 2nd was better than the first in every conceivable way sans team options.
So nerfing every character = improved gameplay? Adding a lorry full of joke characters = fun?

They added absolutely nothing in Bleach 2nd to warrant a sequel. It was at most a 200 point DLC.

As for this SRPG... certainly has potential.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fucking YES at no Treasure involvement, I cant wait for something new from Treasure.

Weren't ALL of the previous games fighting games? As I had no interest in them, I really look forward to something different (i.e. this).

callous

How popular is the anime in the States? Enough that there's a chance we'll get this SRPG in English? Cause I sure as hell want it!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
callous said:
How popular is the anime in the States? Enough that there's a chance we'll get this SRPG in English? Cause I sure as hell want it!
I believe the first bleach DS game is coming here and Bleach Wii too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
wow...to much rpgs on ds for those japanese ppl in the next months :eek:

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Aurora said:
So nerfing every character = improved gameplay? Adding a lorry full of joke characters = fun?

They added absolutely nothing in Bleach 2nd to warrant a sequel. It was at most a 200 point DLC.
Okay, diminishing returns. Welcome to fighting game sequels, I guess. Let me flip this around: Why on earth would anybody pick broken as hell Bleach 1st over 2nd? Have you forgotten how unfun it was to play against Kenpachi, Uryu, Aizen, and Yachiru players in 1st? Or the completely bare bones wi-fi interface? Infinite combos galore? "Disappointing" is one thing, but to say 2nd wasn't at the very least an improvement is flat-out crazy.

Joke characters never bothered me because I don't care about the source material. At the very least, every character from the first game returned, just about everything was properly balanced, and at least a handful of perfectly usable characters were added, more than what gets added in a new installment of most mainstream fighters. Just because there were 8 or so joke characters added in addition to other more substantial improvements shouldn't detract from the overall package.

Anyway

Is there a better scan for this preview? You'd think that the people who post these to the Internet first would at least try to make them readable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cowie said:
bleach ds is the only reasonable fighter on the system, its a shame that it won't continue.

who said that there will be no more bleach fighting games on ds ?

duckroll

cw_sasuke said:
who said that there will be no more bleach fighting games on ds ?

The fact that they're calling this Bleach the3rd instead of something else, indicates that they have terminated their Bleach relationship with Treasure.

Haunted

Bleach is one of those manga that are popular with the kids right now, correct? I'm trying to play every SRPG I can get my hands on, but if it's just a licensed game... hm, guess I'll wait and see.

Jirotrom

Haunted One said:
Bleach is one of those manga that are popular with the kids right now, correct? I'm trying to play every SRPG I can get my hands on, but if it's just a licensed game... hm, guess I'll wait and see.
I'm not a kid and I love bleach so SCREW YOU!:p

Kafel said:
Yes, they're coming for this Fall.

edit :

7495516720070909152320.jpg
need larger pictures please:D

ethelred

duckroll said:
http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=15077&table=game_nds&main=nds

So the newest Jump has announced Sega's 3rd Bleach game on the DS. Except this time it's not a fighter, but an all star cast + original characters strategy RPG. WTF. Doesn't look like Treasure is working on it either, and it's due this Winter. Boo.

No boo here. I'm glad Treasure's working on something else -- I'm looking forward to that unveiling later in the week.

ethelred

Tiduz said:
Yay, another rpg i cant play because i cant read japanese :p

That's okay, this one will suck. But rejoice! Because it opens up the possibility that Treasure may be working on an original game or a sequel to one of their cherished classics.

duckroll

ethelred said:
That's okay, this one will suck. But rejoice! Because it opens up the possibility that Treasure may be working on an original game or a sequel to one of their cherished classics.

TWO MORE DAYS! :D

Haunted

Jirotrom said:
I'm not a kid and I love bleach so SCREW YOU!:p
We're both Ippo fans and I guess that's actually the same target demographic, so I can't really say anything. :lol

duckroll

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I hope this means Treasure is getting away from anime licenses.

Not at all, I think it's more indicative that Treasure feels they have nothing more to add to another Bleach sequel. That's all.

Lee N

Membre
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I hope this means Treasure is getting away from anime licenses.
It's how they finance their original projects, and for the most part their licensed games turn out pretty good.

If it's necessary for them, why would you want them to stop? It doesn't make sense.

Because I prefer their original characters and art to that seen in their anime games, which are riddled with super-derivative anime bad asses. They're good games, but they can't hold a candle to their original stuff.

duckroll

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Because I prefer their original characters and art to that seen in their anime games, which are riddled with super-derivative anime bad asses. They're good games, but they can't hold a candle to their original stuff.

Really? What about Stretch Panic? That was pretty godawful...

ethelred

Lee N said:
It's how they finance their original projects

That would make sense of most of their original projects were self-funded and self-published, but... Enix published Mischief Makers, Sega published Guardian Heroes and Dynamite Headdy and Gunstar Heroes, Nintendo published Sin & Punishment, ESP published Bangai-O...

BobFromPikeCreek said:

Hmmm... well, I prefer their original stuff, too, but are you really trying to say that the casts of Gunstar and Guardian Heroes weren't littered with super-derivative anime badasses? Truly?

duckroll

ethelred said:
That would make sense of most of their original projects were self-funded and self-published, but... Enix published Mischief Makers, Sega published Guardian Heroes and Dynamite Headdy and Gunstar Heroes, Nintendo published Sin & Punishment, ESP published Bangai-O...

Actually what happens is that Treasure does need funding to start these projects. What happens is that they usually develop a project without a publisher, and when it's in a presentable state they will sell it to a publisher. This means that while they're developing the game and brainstorming in the first place, they might not be making any money at all. With a licensed game, they're being funded from the start since it's a contract job. That's what Lee means I think.

ethelred

duckroll said:
Actually what happens is that Treasure does need funding to start these projects. What happens is that they usually develop a project without a publisher, and when it's in a presentable state they will sell it to a publisher. This means that while they're developing the game and brainstorming in the first place, they might not be making any money at all. With a licensed game, they're being funded from the start since it's a contract job. That's what Lee means I think.

Ah, true enough. Point rescinded.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I never knew there were people out there that valued Treasure for their original character art designs.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Any idea on who is develloping this? Usually Treasure don't do many sequels so Bleach 2 was kind of a nice surprise for me. Btw Treasure is known to work on a new game for ESP to be announced in a couple days.

Top Bottom