• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announces TGS 2019 lineup

Mista

Banned
Sega-TGS_08-30-19.jpg

Sega has updated its Tokyo Game Show 2019 official website, revealing its full lineup of titles exhibiting the event.

The company also shared live stream links for the stage events it plans to hold at its Tokyo Game Show 2019 booth, but did not yet share a schedule.

Here are the details:
■ Lineup

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Official Games

• Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (Switch) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Photo
  • Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game (PS4, Switch) – Playable, Stage, Trailer
  • Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (iOS, Android) – Playable, Trailer
Sega Lineup

• Fist of the North Star: Legends ReVIVE (iOS, Android) – Stage, Trailer
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix (Switch) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Photo
  • Phantasy Star Online 2 (PS4, Switch, PS Vita, PC) – Stage, Goods, Trailer
  • Project Sakura Wars (PS4) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Goods
  • Sega Ages Series (Switch) – Playable, Stage
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD (PS4, Switch, PC) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Goods
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Photo, Goods
  • Yakuza Online (PC, iOS, Android) – Stage, Trailer
Atlus Lineup

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Photo, Goods
  • Persona 5 Royal (PS4) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Photo, Goods
Partner Lineup

• Granblue Fantasy: Versus (PS4) (Cygames) – Stage, Trailer, Photo
  • Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (iOS, Android) (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) – Trailer
  • LEGO Jurassic World (Switch) (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) – Trailer
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (TBA) (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) – Trailer
  • New Guilty Gear (TBA) (Arc System Works) – Stage, Trailer, Photo
  • Shenmue III (PS4) (Deep Silver) – Stage, Trailer, Photo, Goods
  • Star Wars Jedi: The Fallen Order (PS4) (Electronic Arts) – Trailer, Photo
■ Stage Event Live Streams

Gematsu

Kazza

Looking forward to seeing more Yakuza 7 now. I wonder if they will announce more Sega Ages titles? Also, surprised to see Shenmue 3 listed. Will Sega be publishing the game in Japan?

Kazza

Looking forward to seeing more Yakuza 7 now. I wonder if they will announce more Sega Ages titles? Also, surprised to see Shenmue 3 listed. Will Sega be publishing the game in Japan?

Just looked on the Shenmue Dojo forums and saw this:

Makes sense. For Japan, Deep Silver is publishing, and Sega are PR and distribution. Just checking with Esra to confirm.

Edit: yep, that's the deal.

Kazza

Why no love for Xbox if people say that the Xbox is the Dreamcast successor?

Xbox is pretty much dead in Japan, so it's unsurprising to see nothing Xbox-related. It will be interesting to see if that changes next gen (or if Microsoft even bother with Japan at all).

Wow...kinda surprised to see 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Didn't it get announced last year or the year before and then basically disappeared? I do hope it's coming to Switch or Xbox.

cireza

Banned
Why no love for Xbox if people say that the Xbox is the Dreamcast successor?
I don't know if this is the Dreamcast successor (I don't see why), but this is TGS so nobody talks about Xbox.

Still I would really like to see Sega starting to do what they said they would do : make games multiplatform.

Catherine is being released on PS4 only in the West. Why no Switch and Xbox port ? Not even talking about a digital Vita version, it makes too much sense so OF COURSE they won't do it.

Sakura Wars is announced exclusively on PS4 : did Sony pay big bucks for this ?

When is Yakuza going to come on Xbox as well ?

Other third parties out there have already included Xbox and Switch properly and release all their main games on these consoles as well, so what are you waiting for Sega ?

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the Dreamcast successor (I don't see why), but this is TGS so nobody talks about Xbox.

Still I would really like to see Sega starting to do what they said they would do : make games multiplatform.

Catherine is being released on PS4 only in the West. Why no Switch and Xbox port ? Not even talking about a digital Vita version, it makes too much sense so OF COURSE they won't do it.

Sakura Wars is announced exclusively on PS4 : did Sony pay big bucks for this ?

When is Yakuza going to come on Xbox as well ?

Other third parties out there have already included Xbox and Switch properly and release all their main games on these consoles as well, so what are you waiting for Sega ?
Isn't Sakura Wars not coming to Switch?

I hope they have some secret announcements coming!

Hoping for a Dreamcast or Master System/Game Gear Mini (done a thread about that) and a few new IPs from SEGA, including the Rumoured NiGHTs.

Expecting a release date to Streets of Rage 3.

Pipe Dream would be a sequel to Ristar.

Gargus

Banned
Id be interested in phantasy star 4 on ps4, but I wonder if it will enough players.

I hope they have some secret announcements coming!

Hoping for a Dreamcast or Master System/Game Gear Mini (done a thread about that) and a few new IPs from SEGA, including the Rumoured NiGHTs.

Expecting a release date to Streets of Rage 3.

Pipe Dream would be a sequel to Ristar.

Id love more classic systems from sega. Sega cd, master system, saturn, dreamcast. They all had some fantastic games Id gladly buy a mini version of. But surely they are waiting to see how well the genesis mini does over the course of this year, of which I already pre ordered one.

Last edited:

The Snake

Id be interested in phantasy star 4 on ps4, but I wonder if it will enough players.

Id love more classic systems from sega. Sega cd, master system, saturn, dreamcast. They all had some fantastic games Id gladly buy a mini version of. But surely they are waiting to see how well the genesis mini does over the course of this year, of which I already pre ordered one.

I would put money on a mini Master System, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a mini Saturn or Dreamcast any time soon.

Though, I would love that. Those are top 2 favorite consoles.

Gargus

Banned
I would put money on a mini Master System, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a mini Saturn or Dreamcast any time soon.

Though, I would love that. Those are top 2 favorite consoles.

I know, but I like to think it can happen if genesis mini does well enough.

I just dearly dealy miss my old systems Id had since they originally came out. I had to sell all of my games and stuff from the ps1 era and back when my wife and I bought a house so we could get new garage doors, kitchen appliances, I could buy paint to paint our whole house, new light fixtures, get a new couch, etc. I mean all they did was sit in bins in the store room but I was still very much attached to them.

Thats why I love these mini systems. I get to see the old system, hold a familiar controller, play some games from that system and then I dont miss my old stuff so much and I get to scratch that nostalgic itch.

Top Bottom