• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Announces Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network

Rlan

SEGA Announces Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network

Definitive Version of Blockbuster Fighting Title Arriving on Consoles in Summer 2012

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO— 23rd August 2011—SEGA® of Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that Virtua Fighter™ 5, the latest title in its celebrated fighting franchise, will see a grand update and expansion released as a standalone title for both Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.and PlayStation® Network. The new game, entitled Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, will contain a full overhaul of Virtua Fighter 5’s mechanics, balance and animations, along with new game modes, new dynamic fighting arenas, a massive collection of customisable character items and two all-new characters added to the roster. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is expected to be available in Summer 2012.

“Virtua Fighter 5 has always been an authentic arcade fighter, even when played from the comfort of a home console. And, like any proper arcade dynasty, we’ve continued to support, expand and tweak the game in the years since its release,” said Haruki Satomi, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America and SEGA Europe. “With Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, we get to bring the ultimate expression of competitive one-on-one gaming to console players in one perfect package.”

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown contains the definitive version of VF5, refined over the years since its original arcade debut. The new release also adds an extensive list of features never before seen on consoles. VF5FS will include:

The Perfect Fighting Experience: Virtua Fighter 5’s signature style of hand-to-hand combat, with revised mechanics, balance, timing and more, along with simplified controls for new players while retaining the depth that veterans demand

Dynamic and Interactive Arenas: Fighting areas in new shapes and sizes, including arenas with fences and walls that are different for every round – take unexpected advantage of fighters’ new wall-based moves, or break through the fences with special attacks

A Mode for Every Fight: Dominate the leaderboards with Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown’s extremely responsive one-on-one online battle system, widely praised for having little latency, or take on an army of opponents yourself in a new single-player mode

Customized Combatants: Enter the ring with one of 19 playable characters, including fan favorite Taka-Arashi from Virtua Fighter 3 and an all-new character, Jean Kujo, and customize them with unique costume and character items

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YOU'VE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME.

XcMLh.gif

GrayFoxPL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sophia

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Standalone DD or is VF5 required?

Learn to read the post.

Rlan said:
LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO— 23rd August 2011—SEGA® of Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that Virtua Fighter™ 5, the latest title in its celebrated fighting franchise, will see a grand update and expansion released as a standalone title for both Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.and PlayStation® Network. The new game, entitled Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, will contain a full overhaul of Virtua Fighter 5’s mechanics, balance and animations, along with new game modes, new dynamic fighting arenas, a massive collection of customisable character items and two all-new characters added to the roster. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is expected to be available in Summer 2012.

And this is glorious, as I don't actually own VF5 proper. (I've just rented it.)

V_Ben

Banned
A DOWNLOADABLE VF GAME? PRAISE BE.

Edit: Holy sh*t, a VF game on PS3 with an online mode. This is nuts. Go SEGA.

Shearie

The fighting game circle is complete for me. My favorite 2d fighting game series (Street Fighter) is going strong and now the latest version of my favorite 3d fighting game series is coming to PSN. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit!!!!!!!!!!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's great that the game is coming, but what the fuck at the release timing. Why do they need another year?

Coxy

Holy shit yes I've waited so long for this, the announcement kinda came outta nowhere though, was kinda hoping for a TGS announcement.

really surprised it's a download though

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
It will never happen, but I'd love to see this take off and VF make an appearance at Evo.

Suairyu

Banned
toasty_T said:
It's been so long that the people who were clamouring for it aren't sure if they even care anymore.
What? Of course people care. The KING is coming back to us.

This plus PSO2 means ultra hyper revival of SEGA! ...ha.

edit - so does this mean a return of VF to the tournament scene?

Galdelico

Sweet Jesus.

I've been waiting for this since ages...

XBLA/PSN tho? Is it gonna be an update to VF5?
Edit - Sorry, stand alone, I didn't read it. Well, that's weird, I can't remember how big was the install for the full game on 360, but I'm pretty sure it exceeded the XBLA size.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My brother will be so happy.

Top Bottom