• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Announces Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/29012256.html

Famitsu has an interview with some SEGA folks about Final Showdown. My Japanese has gone to shit in the last couple of years, but it doesn't seem to be anything we haven't heard already. "Planned downloadable game", "Daytona netcode", "item dlc." Still no definitive date or price it would appear. They seem to go into a bit of detail about DLC items at the end and I couldn't get the gist of it.

There are a couple of images of some menus. The one above Akira/Dural is about lobbies. Basic stuff there like total slots/reserved/rounds/time/Dural playable/local or worldwide.
The one to the left of Akira/Dural is called "License Challenge" that appears to have stuff like offense and defense there.

Saw that someone on Virtuafighter.com was holding a space for translation so keep an eye on that just in case.

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/318498/Famitsu Inteviews Murayama and

Just saw an ad on Wednesday Night Fights: pre-launch party is May 19! Hosted by Alex Valle and featuring Chibita and Fuudo!

I hope that means the game is out in May!

Oh yeah, I played the game at PAX East! It was fucking great! I played against some Asian guy who seemed very familiar with it (Lion float combos) and I came super close to beating him! The game does look sharper than the console release, though. Guess 4 years or so of optimization will do that.

Tizoc

Just saw an ad on Wednesday Night Fights: pre-launch party is May 19! Hosted by Alex Valle and featuring Chibita and Fuudo!

I hope that means the game is out in May!

Wicked, my body and money are ready >=3
BTW, how does one use THE ULTIMATE effectively? Any tutorial vids for him?

Anyone know if this will get a retail release in Japan like RE4 HD?
According to the Skullgirls people, the digital-only market is small in Japan, which is why they're considering a retail release over there.
I'd love this on a physical disc.

According to the Skullgirls people, the digital-only market is small in Japan, which is why they're considering a retail release over there.

Count me in, would import that in a heartbeat.

alstein

Very very unlikely, as this has an arcade port already. The main reason this game is being done is because they think there's a chance that there's money to be made in the US with this game, but lots of risk given how poorly VF5 did. It took mass effort to get even a DD version in the pipeline.

Esura

Banned

Wait, they are? I would import a retail copy of Skullgirls despite having it on PSN. I prefer physical copies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Final Showdown's GUI is really funky after playing VF5 360 for a bit. :/

I also don't see subs on this. Is there subs in FS? I hope they add them even if they aren't "too important" because playing DOA4 has made me appreciate the little intro/outros even if they are mostly going to be skipped in actual fighting. >_>

"Sega is putting up 15k for VF5: FS at EVO"

New thread new news, bro.

Also, What is this madness, Sega actually doing something smart?!!?!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
"Sega is putting up 15k for VF5: FS at EVO"

New thread new news, bro.

Also, What is this madness, Sega actually doing something smart?!!?!

Phew. I was convinced I'd enter this thread to see that the game was cancelled or something, given the rest of today's news.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
15k sounds like the entire marketing budget for that release three times over.

sega what r u doing

Man, EVO is going to be packed this year. I guess with Capcom not doing anymore playtests, it might make space for the side tournaments. I wonder if IPLAYWINNER and Team Spooky are going to have separate streams?

GrayFoxPL

Man, EVO is going to be packed this year. I guess with Capcom not doing anymore playtests, it might make space for the side tournaments. I wonder if IPLAYWINNER and Team Spooky are going to have separate streams?

Maybe they'll cross the streams.

jbug617

Banned

Spooky and Haunts work on the main stream. I think they ask Offcast and SRKLive to run the other.

That would be awesome. More stream would be best. So much action happening outside of the main tournaments.

I'm so upset that I have to attend a wedding, instead of hitting up this hype as fuck tournament.

Checking out some of the older VF's. Can't wait for VF5: FS

Sega Saturn Saturdays w/Max & Matt - Episode 5 Virtua Fighter Collection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWE2L8-K1iE

Good stuff as always Max. Hope you and Matt cover Fighter's Megamix (and Magic Knight Rayearth).

Holy Shit at that EVO news, but I sincerely doubt anymore in America would stand a chance when guys like Fuudo are probably already showing up anyways. Although SEGA hasn't announced a date, if it releases right after the Level Up Pre-Release party on May 19th, that gives fans about 6 weeks to try to get enough skill and match experience to play a version of the game that has been available in Japan for almost 2 years by the time EVO happens. I hope Chibita is tempted by the purse to make it out as well.

alstein

Huge, but Sega needs to be smart and reserve at least a portion of the pot for Americans only.

Hopefully this is an indicator game will be released in May or early June.

Rambler

Huge, but Sega needs to be smart and reserve at least a portion of the pot for Americans only.

Hopefully this is an indicator game will be released in May or early June.
I've heard that this game might come out in August, and I really hope that was a bullshit rumor.

August gives you about three weeks before TTT2 crushes it :(

BadWolf

I've heard that this game might come out in August, and I really hope that was a bullshit rumor.

August gives you about three weeks before TTT2 crushes it :(

Should be June or so if they have any brains at all.

No point competing against both TTT2 and DOA5 at once.

Rambler

You never know with Sega unfortunately.

These are the people who thought it was a good idea to release Binary Domain at the same time as Mass Effect 3..

alstein

I think DOA5 is going to end up crushed, they really should delay by about six months when there's not going to be much out in 2013.

Top Bottom