• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Considering PS4 Remakes for Yakuza 2, 3, 4 and 5

SOR5

Source: Seganerds

yakuza-kiwami-10-660x330.jpg

The Yakuza series is no stranger to getting remastered titles. In Japan, Yakuza 1, and 2 were all remastered for the PlayStation 3 and had sold well commercially. According to a livestream that was streamed earlier this week, Producer Toshihiro Nagoshi stated that Yakuza: Kiwami has sold very well and SEGA is considering ways to remake Yakuza 2,3,4, and 5 for PlayStation 4.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not sure 3, 4 and 5 need it, but I'd buy them anyway.

I'd be down for a 2 remake and 3-5 remasters on PS4.

Rymuth

Only one that needs Remaking is 2.

3, 4 and 5 just needs brushing up and they'd be fine.

I'd love to own all these games on one system.

Ludens

Banned
This is the time to do it, Sega. With Zero there's basically a fresh new start for newcomers, Sega should really consider to go multiplatform and release ALL games (0 and Y1 Remake first) on all platforms, like One and PC. After this, they can start remaking the other titles, but I suggest not only a graphic revamp, but rewriting part of the story cutting off some boring elements (like the beginning section in Yakuza 3 drags too much).
But we are talking about Sega, so my trust is 0, I'm still waiting for those Shenmue Remastered.

MightyKAC

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Whatever Sega, we've been down this road more than enough times before.

Don't just talk about some shit, BE about some shit.

I would double dip the shit out of all of them but in the unlikely event that Sega actually did this, the chances of an English version would probably be even further off.

Card Boy

Banned
Do it and i will buy it (only if its in English). Yakuza 2 looks amazing emulated. So much detail you couldn't see on the original PS2 hardware.

10xkds.png

2dtkb6.png

36ejv7.png

4vpkzp.png

3pmxme.png

tumblr_m8tixo6pfj1qabi47o3_500.gif

This isn't going to happen, but fuck me I would buy every single one.

I really, fervently hope that they remake Yakuza 2, though. Assuming they translate Kiwami into English, Y2 will be the only game in the main series that isn't playable on an HD console, and hearing everyone talk about how it's the best one I don't want to miss out on it. Used PS2 copies are mindbogglingly expensive, and I don't want to lose the creature comforts of the more modern games.

Miker

Do it and i will buy it (only if its in English). Yakuza 2 looks amazing emulated. So much detail you couldn't see on the original PS2 hardware.

10xkds.png

2dtkb6.png

36ejv7.png

4vpkzp.png

3pmxme.png

I always liked Kiryu's Yakuza 1/2 model the best. Later games added more detail but they also furrowed his brow way too much.

Opa-Pa

You could also release 1&2 HD here too or sell them digitally as PS2 classics for PS4 in the meantime, so I can dive into the series before my grandchildren do.

Drippy

Even if they do, we'll probably never see them in western part of the world.

They might do a Kiwami-like remake of Yakuza 2 and ports of 3,4 and 5 with slightly enhanced graphics and bumped resolution. Well, I'm playing Y5 right now (amazing game) and it looks quite good, especially cut-scenes.

Even if they do, we'll probably never see them in western part of the world.

They might do a Kiwami-like remake of Yakuza 2 and ports of 3,4 and 5 with slightly enhanced graphics and bumped resolution. Well, I'm playing Y5 right now (amazing game) and it looks quite good, especially cut-scenes.
Every single one of those games are already translated. Lol @ it not coming over.

[IG]http://abload.de/img/10xkds.png[/IMG]
[MG]http://abload.de/img/2dtkb6.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://abload.de/img/36ejv7.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://abload.de/img/4vpkzp.png[/IMG]
[IG]http://abload.de/img/3pmxme.png[/IMG]

They're talking about actual remakes rather than remasters. For example

Yakuza

yakuza_02_ps2u6l76.png

Kiwami

yakuza_02_ps4l6bw7.png

Yakuza

yakuza_05_ps228yyi.png

Kiwami

yakuza_05_ps455btq.png

Yakuza

yakuza_04_ps2joy5m.png

Kiwami

yakuza_04_ps43qy4d.png

Yakuza

yakuza_07_ps2sdbsq.png

Kiwami

yakuza_07_ps4mbzg3.png

Drippy

Every single one of those games are already translated. Lol @ it not coming over.

Well, it's Sega so you never know. They could release Kiwami on Day 1 in the west as Yakuza 1 was translated too on PS2. But there are no words about english version. I hope that every Yakuza game will come to the west, but I try to not get my hopes high.

LewieP

They should probably wait until the PS5 comes out to port them to PS4, to continue their unbroken run of self-sabotage with this series.

Also baffling that they're not on PC.

Top Bottom