• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Delays Crush3D (3DS) To Feb 2012, Shinobi (3DS) To Nov 2011 Due To 3DS Sales

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
GJS said:
They didn't.

i love being presented with a mystery and watching as a master solves it.

Neuromancer said:
To me he looks like a young Arthur Dent.

looks like one of the kids who fly out the window to neverland with peter pan. put a top hat on him.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
USD said:
fT4Nb.gif
Came here to post this.

Ridley327

Oh man, those screens reminded me of the awful dithering that was going on in the PSP original. Then again, nearly every game on the PSP with a predominantly dark color scheme had awful dithering going on, so that's not a Crush exclusive feature.

Still, that really does make me appreciate the new visuals a lot more now.

nincompoop said:
I quit playing the original because the music in the carnival world was so grating.

That damn song STILL keeps me up at night and haunts me in my dreams. "Duh nuh nuh da duh DA DA DA DA DA" *shudder*
Shit, this doesn't bode well for abstract :^/

Lijik

Oni Jazar said:
How did they manage to make it looks worse then the PSP version?

I actually prefer the overall look of the game in this version. The landscapes are certainly more appealing

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I wonder if you can program the 3D slider to actually trigger the change to the 3D world?

I.e. do more than just increase/decrease the 3Dness of the screen.

That would be rad.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
FrostuTheNinja said:
I love that it's completely 2D with pixel art (or cel shading) in the one dimension and goes to character models in 3D. Can't wait.
Yes. I love this.

emb

So it's a remake? That's a shame. I was hoping for a sequel. Looks like I'll picking up the PSP version some time since it's the original.

emb

Neuromancer said:
Not a straight up remake:

Anyway what do you have against remakes? I'm curious.

Nothing reasonable I guess. I just like to have the originals where applicable. If I end up liking it I might get both though; it seems like a nice overhaul, and the 3d effect could be cool in it.

emb said:
Nothing reasonable I guess. I just like to have the originals where applicable. If I end up liking it I might get both though; it seems like a nice overhaul, and the 3d effect could be cool in it.
Ah I see, makes sense.

I saw a friend playing the PSP version. It had a lot of frame rate problems which looks like aren't in the 3DS version.

I thought the art style of the original was weird, but IMO, at least it had a distinctunique art style. The new one seems generic. That said, I like the graphics better in the new one. Less creepy/mysterious, and more lighthearted, but that's my preference.

Both the PSP and 3DS version have horrible artstyle. But I'm glad that Sega is giving this concept another chance, the PSP game was pretty awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lijik said:
Wow, they managed to give it an even worse boxart than the original.

Strongly disagree. However, they did give it a terrible art redesign.

Amir0x

Banned
This is a whole brand new game, right? Looks new but but the 'Redesigned for Nintendo 3DS™' made me a little confused if they meant it was like a remake of the first game or an actually legitimately new title.

Definitely buying it if it's new. Crush PSP is one of the greatest portable games of all time, full stop.

The new art style is grotesque, though. Old one looks worlds better imo

Oni Jazar

Amir0x said:
This is a whole brand new game, right? Looks new but but the 'Redesigned for Nintendo 3DS™' made me a little confused if they meant it was like a remake of the first game or an actually legitimately new title.

Definitely buying it if it's new. Crush PSP is one of the greatest portable games of all time, full stop.

The new art style is grotesque, though. Old one looks worlds better imo

It's a remake with some new stuff:

"Built on the foundation of the award winning CRUSH™ , CRUSH3D features a host of exciting new features specifically designed for the Nintendo 3DS system, including new locations, characters and an intuitive hint system."

M74

Oni Jazar said:

"Built on the foundation of the award winning CRUSH™ , CRUSH3D features a host of exciting new features specifically designed for the Nintendo 3DS system, including new locations, characters and an intuitive hint system."
Remember the mantra: Nothing is allowed to be difficult anymore.

Amir0x

Banned
Oni Jazar said:

ugh. Skipping then.

Lijik

M74 said:
I dont mind it at all. In games like these it can be hard to know if you actually solved the puzzle and just not pulling it off right, or if you're completely out of left field.
A hint system to me is a way of checking on if my mind is on the right track or not so I don't waste a bunch of time on fruitless endeavors and focus on actually solving the puzzles.

Difficulty via needless obscurity is about as fun as mindlessly grinding for hours because all it tests is my time. Fuck that.

M74 said:
Didn't the first one have some kind of hint system? I never played it but read the reviews, which is where I seem to remember that.

Agent X

Neuromancer said:
Didn't the first one have some kind of hint system? I never played it but read the reviews, which is where I seem to remember that.

Yes, it did have a hint system. I don't think I've ever used it myself, but the option is there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
HK-47 said:
im sad now
Why? That guy or gal got annoying fast.

Crush 3DS cannot be a bad idea from the looks of it. I would like to see this on NGP as well. I know that's not stretching it. Well NGP is also BC so it's a win-win either way.

Kuran

Banned
The original and this have such an unappealing and messy style to me. Maybe its the weird character design? It looks like a bad example of an Amiga game.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
It's funny how some people treat hint systems as if they were mandatory. This same kind of attitude bothered me when people were bashing Nintendo's Super Guide. It's not like they are FORCING you to use it... :\

JEKKI

maaaaan I was actually trying to play this game a few weeks ago.

I played all the way up to the final world back in like 2008; and have been holding onto the UMD in close proximity to me for well over 2 years.

I was in between games and decided to finally pick this game up and finish it, but my freakin save file was corrupted and I couldnt load my progress!!!

the good news was, I was finally able to pull this game off my backlog list.

the bad news was, the ending isnt on youtube!!

AniHawk

plagiarize said:
i know they probably can't, but wouldn't it be awesome if the 'switch' was handled by the 3d slider?
if this is the case, i will definitely purchase the game. it's pretty much exactly what i wanted.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems the game is done, but Sega delayed it due to the 3DS sales.

GamesIndustry.biz said:
Q: Paul, you've just picked up a potentially huge licence at Zoe Mode for Zumba Fitness 2. You're very much in that boxed product, work for hire role - is that where you see the studio's future?

Paul Mottram: Well we've always been, apart from Chime - our first self-published game, which was released I think three days before PSN went down - we've always been work for hire. Where we see the problem is that we have to convince publishers to fund us to make the games - so the problem we're seeing at the minute is too many platforms.

It used to be that ten years ago, it was PS2. So you'd just do PS2 and then maybe some others. But now we're finding that everyone is not knowing what platform is going to succeed - we did our first 3DS title - we got Crush onto that, but we had to delay the release of that because of the success of the platform.
Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-07-14-nights-at-the-roundtable-interview

You'd think it would be best to slip it in now before the next wave of first party titles hits, seeing as how there's nothing coming out for it to compete with atm. But really, this game is never going to sell more than a few thousand copies regardless of when or where they release it.

Top Bottom