• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Delays Crush3D (3DS) To Feb 2012, Shinobi (3DS) To Nov 2011 Due To 3DS Sales

ShadiWulf

SEGA just confirmed the delay on twitter

Release Dates Confirmed for CRUSH3D and SHINOBI ON 3DS - Shinobi will be released on 11/11/11, while CRUSH3D will be released on 17/2/12

http://twitter.com/#!/SEGA/status/93334280998092800

...well, I take back what I said above, then. Looks like no 3DS retail purchases until Super Mario is out, at the earliest. Perhaps Solatorobo instead...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Wow.
Well, at least we have release dates! XD
...And September was however StarFox month...but November is Mario's month probably!

EDIT: However, Shinobi's delay is good for improvement on game's quality.

Nintendo goes out of its way by slowing down on their own games, to let 3rd parties actually have a chance on one of their systems, and this is the kind of shit that's being pulled? First this being delayed, and MM3 getting the axe? I'm really annoyed at how the 3DS has been handled in terms of games, it's been a huge disappointment to me, besides SSF4 and LoZ that is.

Nirolak said:
So I'm an alarmist and misleading eh? :p

:( Sorry!

well, in my defense, I'm used to seeing delays appear on store release lists before they're officially announced by their publishers, and the Shinobi delay did indeed show up a week or two ago.

Cygnus X-1

It's a good sign though. The success of Nintendo is inversely proportional to the expectations of the videogaming community.

Theonik

_dementia said:
Shinobi going head-to-head with Skyrim. Brave.
Shinobi is a Ninja. He fears no dragons.
Game looks super bad, i doubt it would do well anyway Skyrim or not.

much wiser now, it would have crush3D at the previous release date considering it falls into the age range of most Nintendo games; however, I think Shinobi's release date is OK, not much games with blood getting released by Nintendo.

I don't get why people should get upset, it is wise decision, if it was released at the previous date it would have never sold and there would have been no sequel. Now, it is getting released at a much better time and it actually have a chance to be heard and sell. Would anyone really buy this over a Nintendo game?

1-D_FTW

Nirolak said:
So I'm an alarmist and misleading eh? :p

I don't think anyone actually thought that. I just figured Sega couldn't be that short-sighted and: 1.) It was worded mushy and open to interpretation and 2.) It didn't make a whole lot of sense.

In hindsight, that should have been the smack in the face that it was in for another delay. Not making sense is how you need to approach Sega logic. Failure on my part. Though I do believe the games been done and even September was a "sit on it" date.

EDIT: That said, it seems they've found another dead spot in the schedule. I don't think it'll help any, but I guess it won't be any worse.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
walking fiend said:
much wiser now, it would have crush3D at the previous release date considering it falls into the age range of most Nintendo games; however, I think Shinobi's release date is OK, not much games with blood getting released by Nintendo.

I don't get why people should get upset, it is wise decision, if it was released at the previous date it would have never sold and there would have been no sequel. Now, it is getting released at a much better time and it actually have a chance to be heard and sell. Would anyone really buy this over a Nintendo game?
True, they can do no wrong.

Cygnus X-1

Kulock said:
Consumers: "There's no games for the 3DS! I'll wait until they've released more."
Publishers: "They aren't buying 3DS games! We'll wait until they've bought more."

Sometimes I'm really inclined to think that there is a big latent desire of third parties to see Nintendo fail and stop making consoles. Yeah, I know logically it doesn't make any sense. It's a very persistent impression though.

ShockingAlberto said:
That sounds like Sega.

Skip the taste-tester period, release a DS up-port and a PSP port when Nintendo games are coming out in force

Whatever one thinks of its visuals, Shinobi isn't a DS up-port. One of the Griptonite devs confirmed that in the announcement thread here.

Cygnus X-1 said:
Sometimes I'm really inclined to think that there is a big latent desire of third parties to see Nintendo fail and stop making consoles. Yeah, I know logically it doesn't make any sense. It's a very persistent impression though.
This particular game being released at its previous date would have NOT been in favor of neither Nintendo nor 3DS adopters.

it's a pretty sound decision.

---
in previous pages, I insisted on how idiotic they were delaying the game into the span that was hampered by Nintendo big shots.

It is quite a different decision that the one Crapcom made regarding MM:L3

---
This is the saddest thing I have heard all day.
DS game:

screenshot_nds_ninja_gaiden_dragon_sword002.jpg

Feburary is actually not a bad time for Crush3D (as much as I'm disappointed about the delay)

Shinobi is being sent to die though.

Father_Brain said:
Whatever one thinks of its visuals, Shinobi isn't a DS up-port. One of the Griptonite devs confirmed that in the announcement thread here.

No, it's a PSP up port instead.

walking fiend said:
This particular game being released at its previous date would have NOT been in favor of neither Nintendo nor 3DS adopters.

---
in previous pages, I insisted on how idiotic they were delaying the game into the span that was hampered by Nintendo big shots.

It is quite a different decision that the one Crapcom made regarding MM:L3

---

DS game:

screenshot_nds_ninja_gaiden_dragon_sword002.jpg
shinobi_griptonite_thumb_thumb.jpg

I did say up-port and not complete port, didn't I?

I did say up-port and not complete port, didn't I?
maybe models are up-port, but effects are wholly on another level, game is much better in motion. Not to say that it's anything above average even on 3DS, but definitely the game is not simply an up-port of a DS game.

look at effects after 1:05 and compare with fire effects of Ninja Gaiden I posted, definitely a generation leap.

Jokeropia

DR2K said:
Didn't really work for DOA or Resident Evil and other 3rd party software. All of which got outsold by an N64 port to put things into perspective.
This post deserves a rolleyes. I wonder if you realize why?

Lijik said:
I find it absolutely bizarre that article fails to mention this AC game Griptonite did which is probably more in line with Shinobi 3DS than Bloodlines
they made an AC game on DS which got an 8.0 by IGN and 7.0 by GS? not a bad sign, I'd never heard of the game, has anyone played it?

Cygnus X-1

walking fiend said:

I was referring to the overall picture. This is just another piece of puzzle.

Place a title in a month overburdened with holiday hopeful hits and another one in a month to be overshadowed by bigger titles? Makes sense Sega

Morokh

Shinobi had already BOMBA written all over it, now Crush 3D shares the same fate ....

Once again ! WELL DONE SEGA ! xD

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Chacranajxy said:
SEGA is a company of geniuses. Too few people having a 3DS is DEFINITELY the reason Shinobi 3DS won't sell.
It will sell much more in November!

Morokh said:
Shinobi had already BOMBA written all over it, now Crush 3D shares the same fate ....

Once again ! WELL DONE SEGA ! xD

Is it? February doesn't look like too bad a date for it really. The userbase will be bigger and it doesn't look to be facing much (if any) competition. February is also typically a good month for game sales.

But yeah, Shinobi is doomed.

Top Bottom