• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Dreamcast - Appreciation and Emulation Thread

Timu

According to that list, Soul Calibur needs to be patched. Is that accurate? I always thought it was 480p native.

I have both a legit and burned copy though. I may be confusing things.
It should from what others have said.

IrishNinja

fucking sucks this hurricane is coming this weekend, gonna be a lowkey 9/9 event out here! still don't have the trucker hat or racing wheel/pedal for 18 wheeler yet, one year im thinking ill just get a bucket hat & a shit ton of beer since i have the fishing rod and both of the bass fishing games, that's a fine way to celebrate i think

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Dreamcast is 18 years old now.

Honestly, it's starting to serve less as a reminder of how old that system is, and more as a startling realization of how old I am.

tumblr_ohbk2vOM5t1t51kf8o1_1280.jpg

Persona7

Banned
Did you try to copy the files to another card? I had the same issue before and it let me transfer them and then it formatted the card.

I get nothing but the option to delete everything or cancel. :(

Either way, I don't have much free space on any other VMU.

I can't remember for sure what was on this VMU besides NBA 2K2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

canocha

I get nothing but the option to delete everything or cancel. :(

Either way, I don't have much free space on any other VMU.

I can't remember for sure what was on this VMU besides NBA 2K2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Can't you connect two VMUs and transfer some saves?

Like...to each other? I'd have to get some batteries first. I do have a big pack of them, so that wouldn't be a problem.

But that VMU was mostly, if not completely, full, I think. The most I have free on any other is 35 blocks. Then 12, 11, and the rest are full or only have 1 free block. I might need to get a new one to save everything.

I don't know if all saves are transferable or if connecting a corrupted VMU to another corrupts the good one.

Better use a empty one if you can.

Yeah, I'm scared to try it with one of my other VMUs. I might order another one of these days. I should also order new PlayStation 1/2 and N64 memory cards, too.
the vmu probably malfunctioned so its unlikely the saves are even salvageable

D:

Peltz

Behar Bros said they'd send me a replacement cable a few weeks ago for my busted Toro. The waiting game is tough.

I want to see this system shine on my PVM 20l5, but I'm stuck to 480i right now. :-/

emb

Picked up a copy of Skies of Arcadia this week. I hadn't played the original at all before, and the last time I played through it was when the Gamecube remake came out.

Such a charming world to revisit. Doubt I'll go all the way back through, but I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I ever would on a replay of a long JRPG.

Reminds me that my Toro seems to output a darker image than you'd expect. Suppose I should double-check if it's the SCART cable or not, but yeah, the boot-up screen is a dark gray instead of bright white.

Peltz

Behar Bros said they'd send me a replacement cable a few weeks ago for my busted Toro. The waiting game is tough.

I want to see this system shine on my PVM 20l5, but I'm stuck to 480i right now. :-/

Lol... I just emailed Behar Bros. after posting this and they said it was mailed out a while ago.

Then I got an email from my building a few hours later saying there was a delivery at the front desk. And yea, it's from Turkey.

Crazy timing/coincidence. I posted here about this at 10:36am, and it got delivered at 1:25pm. I'm finally going to see DC in 480p on my PVM!

KainXVIII

New Demul WIP
http://emu-russia.net/en/files/emus/dc/
Demul WIP 12-10-2017
- SH4: OnChip access correct bit width only
- SH4: add flti0/1 PR flag check
- SH4: reg binding cleanups and fixes, PR sanity checks
- SH4: fix DIV0S, optimize DIV1 and add linking current block
- SH4: fix Invalidation code
- SH4: fix delayed slot exceptions
- SH4: interrupts fixes / improvements
- GD-ROM: fix CD PLAY after SEEK for Taxi2
- GD-ROM: small fix for bleemcast (almost work)
- GD-ROM: G1 DMA discrete step
- AICA: use less attenuated ALFO
- AICA: mixing levels fixes
- AICA: EG timer fixes
- AICA: properly handle Decay level = 0 case
- AICA: optimize IRQs
- HOLLY: rewrite SPG
- HOLLY: fix Holly registers for wince
- HOLLY: add real HOLLY IDs for all supported platforms
- GAELCO: speedup boot
- GAELCO: decode boot from Altera firmware
- GAELCO: render fixes: offset color flag, handle flats
- GAELCO: add Gaelco Footall
- GAELCO: preliminary support Gaelco Footall analog inputs
- MISC: SCIF link for AW Maximum Speed and Chase1929
- MISC: fix Marvel vs Capcom 2 intro Guile character head
- MISC: disable menu in fullscreen (fix clicking it with mouse in light gun games)
- MISC: netplay: add option to disable flash/sram sync
- MISC: set windows timer resolution to min possible value
- MISC: rom loading refactoring, NAOMI GD-ROM sets now require security PIC dumps, old GD-rip binaries not supported anymore
- MISC: fix save states crash
- MISC: improved creation of Dreamcast flash and "timehack"
- MISC: NAOMI DIMM CF support
- MISC: fix mouse X/Y calc then screen rotated
- MISC: fix error when set memcard time in DC bios
- MISC: fix DC flash erase, handle correct sector sizes
- MISC: Elo touchscreen fixes for Atomiswave and NAOMI StarHorse
- MISC: emulated HW210 IC card reader (Dragon Treasure, WCCF)
- MISC: SHIO hopper board HLE, Kick'4'Cash playable
- MISC: Added all recently dumped games for supported platforms
- MISC: Romset in sync with current MAME
- MISC: The About box no longer crashes lol
- MISC: -listxml now generate "merge" tags
- MISC: minor romset corrections
- AICA: fix DSP recompiler state load crash

Seik

Banned
I didn't post since everything happened, but let's go, this is it.

This isn't a battle between forums, this isn't about killing GAF or anything like that.

If you think this is the point, then the point flies right over your head.

People are leaving by principles. People are leaving because they do not want to be represented here. People are leaving because they don't want to support a platform for which the owner does not reflect the image and values they want to share.

If you think this is just a forum for which the owner has nothing to gain, you're wrong. Being here and providing content creates traffic, traffic sees ad. Owner gains profit with ad revenue. If you don't want to support the owner of this platform, the best way to NOT help is by either quitting or not posting or visiting here in the future.

People leaving aren't doing it for fun, it's a form of protest, to make a statement that they do not accept or support the behavior of the owner.

That is most likely my final post here. I fucking loved NeoGAF for the 7 years I was here. I loved the communities, but now is the time to leave.

I deleted all my work here, saved everything and will transfer at the new place.

For those of you who stay, I wish you a nice continuation.

For those who migrate, see you on the other side. ;)

true Gek

Hi! I've just bought a PAL dreamcast with

- Soul Calibur
- WWF Royal Rumble
- 1 VMU
- Modem Adapter
- Browser Disk Dreamkey 3.0

for 100€ and I was looking for some advice like the must have games, the best gamepad to buy (original or not) and how I could use now the modem adapter XD

PantsuJo

Hi! I've just bought a PAL dreamcast with

- Soul Calibur
- WWF Royal Rumble
- 1 VMU
- Modem Adapter
- Browser Disk Dreamkey 3.0

for 100€ and I was looking for some advice like the must have games, the best gamepad to buy (original or not) and how I could use now the modem adapter XD

The modem adapter for PAL/NTSC-U consoles was only 56k afaik, only NTSC-J (japanese consoles) had the ADSL ones. I don't know if you can obtain a valid connection from an ISP (years ago was still possible).

Must have game? Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, Dead or Alive 2, Shenmue I and II, Resident Evil Code Veronica... and Pyschic Force 2012. As a good start.

There are TONS of cool games, especially if you use the RegionFree CDrom in order to play japanese games (you can burn it yourself, google about it).

Peltz

I didn't post since everything happened, but let's go, this is it.

This isn't a battle between forums, this isn't about killing GAF or anything like that.

If you think this is the point, then the point flies right over your head.

People are leaving by principles. People are leaving because they do not want to be represented here. People are leaving because they don't want to support a platform for which the owner does not reflect the image and values they want to share.

If you think this is just a forum for which the owner has nothing to gain, you're wrong. Being here and providing content creates traffic, traffic sees ad. Owner gains profit with ad revenue. If you don't want to support the owner of this platform, the best way to NOT help is by either quitting or not posting or visiting here in the future.

People leaving aren't doing it for fun, it's a form of protest, to make a statement that they do not accept or support the behavior of the owner.

That is most likely my final post here. I fucking loved NeoGAF for the 7 years I was here. I loved the communities, but now is the time to leave.

I deleted all my work here, saved everything and will transfer at the new place.

For those of you who stay, I wish you a nice continuation.

For those who migrate, see you on the other side. ;)

Well said Seik. Most of retro GAF is on www.RetroGameBoards.com (RGB for short) for retro posts and reset era for modern gaming. RGB has open registration and everyone is invited join us.

true Gek

The modem adapter for PAL/NTSC-U consoles was only 56k afaik, only NTSC-J (japanese consoles) had the ADSL ones. I don't know if you can obtain a valid connection from an ISP (years ago was still possible).
Oh, ok =/

Must have game? Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2, Dead or Alive 2, Shenmue I and II, Resident Evil Code Veronica... and Pyschic Force 2012. As a good start.

There are TONS of cool games, especially if you use the RegionFree CDrom in order to play japanese games (you can burn it yourself, google about it).

I know some European and USA cool games but the Japanese line up is totally unknown for me. Advices are absolutely welcome!

I have just bought from Amazon Metropolis Street Racing, it will arrive in few days!

Top Bottom