• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA dropping free Yakuza 0 DLC packs every week until Valentine's Day (Gematsu)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Those sweethearts.

According to Sega, it will be releasing a few patches over the next couple of weeks that add free downloadable content to the game. Each batch will contain content such as new outfits, weapons, items, and crafting components. The first downloadable content is available today, and three additional batches will be made available every week until February 14.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/01/yakuza-0-launch-trailer-free-dlc-announced#1VuyI4SWCxIB7xJi.99

More at the link

That's wonderful. Sega's going in hard on Yakuza all over again.

With all the positive buzz and critical acclaim around Zero, and confirmation of both Kiwami and 6 coming over, maybe we'll even start seeing day and date localisations in the future, too.

8bit

Knows the Score
Bob just gave me a Dragon of Dojima outfit, but I can't use it until Premium Adventure mode. And some other stuff too.

I think Sony should consider buying Sega.

First and foremost I think Sega has all the franchises that with enough care would
make a lot of Japanese people get back into console gaming again.

This move would revive imo the whole Japanese console market again

oneida

First and foremost I think Sega has all the franchises that with enough care would

Let SEGA be SEGA. They're getting better at it.

ar4757

Sega owns Atlus and Sonic - I don't think Sony should buy them

Nah SEGA being bought out seems like a bad idea to me. They have so much value in their individuality. They greenlight/publish some of the weirdest obscure projects. It doesn't always result in Gold but we get occasional gems like Bayonetta, Binary Domain and Vanquish

Ydelnae

Can you access these DLC from the store if you don't have the game yet? This convinced me to get the game as soon as I'm able to play it.

Jimrpg

Why until Feb 14?

Its going to take 15 days for me to get it shipped to where I am right now. If I'm lucky I might get it before Feb 14, that is if delivery isn't held up by Chinese New Year which it always is here...

Damn it.

oneida

Why until Feb 14?

Its going to take 15 days for me to get it shipped to where I am right now. If I'm lucky I might get it before Feb 14, that is if delivery isn't held up by Chinese New Year which it always is here...

Damn it.
Because Valentine's Day is in 3 weeks and there are 3 DLC packs :)
You'll probably be able to add them to your account without the game.

Jimrpg

The article says I have to go to Bob the Clown in the game.

Maybe Sega will be nice and put it on PSN I hope. I guess I'll have to bother John Hardin. :p

oneida

The article says I have to go to Bob the Clown in the game.

Maybe Sega will be nice and put it on PSN I hope. I guess I'll have to bother John Hardin. :p

If it's anything like the Yakuza 4 DLC, that's just where you go to actually pick up the items.

Omikaru

Let SEGA be SEGA. They're getting better at it.
This. SEGA had a really bad patch when they went third party - pretty much a lost decade - but they seem to have found an identity again, and one that isn't strongly tethered to their first party days, as many people hoped (and said was crucial).

I loved SEGA in the 90s. I love SEGA now, too. I just started Yakuza 0 and I'm having a blast. I love all the Hatsune Miku games, and we have Persona 5 in a few months. And that's just the first quarter of 2017.

Let's just appreciate SEGA for what they have become, instead of watching in horror as they have to integrate themselves into Sony's (or any other manufacturer's) first party structure. I feel there would be a lot of casualties, just as there was when they left the console business.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Cool. Like a thank-you from Sega to people for buying the game in its first few weeks.

There are four DLC packs, each released on Jan. 24 (today), Jan. 31, Feb. 7 and Feb. 14.

Sgblues

Also added to the fact dlc has always been free via updates for the Japanese versions, but Y4 and Dead Souls had paid dlc.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Is today's DLC up? Could anyone check if it's only accessible in-game?

I'm at work so I can't try out the game until tonight. A cursory check of the PlayStation Store doesn't reveal any Yakuza 0 DLC, though, unless I'm not looking in the right place: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rce=Bing&utm_term=ps-se-716&utm_content=Brand

Then again, the story says Sega is releasing it through a patch, so it may not be something you get through the PSN Store at all. It's just something your console downloads once you pop the disc in the system.

Santar

Would like to have had a little more info.
If I understood things correctly this is just some items, but are they so good that they make the game too easy like a sort o f cheat?
Are they exclusive to the dlc or can you get them just from playing the regular game?
I don't want to get good items that make the game easier.

According to Gematsu the DLC is just patched into the game, makes sense as the game got a update earlier today for me.

8bit

Knows the Score

I did, I didn't closely note the content though. I had to relaunch the game due to a 1.01 patch but then...

Bob had 4 items (well, bundles) listed, of which I could take two just now (I assume the others are for Majima but I'm only on chapter two).

One of the bundles had a Dragon of Dojima costume, a katana, a gold plate and some other stuff. The other bundle was similar. I had visited Bob last night and he had nothing for me so I assume this was the DLC.

oneida

Would like to have had a little more info.
If I understood things correctly this is just some items, but are they so good that they make the game too easy like a sort o f cheat?
Are they exclusive to the dlc or can you get them just from playing the regular game?
I don't want to get good items that make the game easier.

These games are piss easy in the first place and of course you don't have to use any weapons or items you don't want to.

oneida

As an update, I can confirm that these appear with patches. If you have the most recent version of Yakuza 0 installed, navigate to Online Mode -> Download History from the game's menu to confirm that the 4 DLC packs released today are on your account. They are:
  • Dragon of Dojima Pack
  • Sotenbori Fun Pack
  • Kamurocho Fun Pack
  • Mad Dog of Shimano Pack

If every week features 4 packs, that means in total we'll get 16 DLC packs.

Top Bottom