• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA looking into re-releasing Shemue & Shenmue II

Original article: http://www.marketingweek.com/2015/1...ea04df411a=562ea04df41bc&userdetailschanged=1
Snippets: http://www.tssznews.com/2015/10/26/sega-europe-were-exploring-ways-to-re-release-shenmue-1-2/

Admitting that Sega has not done a “great job over the last four years” in communicating its brand values and “Yes, we want to innovate and back smartphones and virtual reality but our key purpose is to go back to what the brand used to stand for and I think the buzz around Shenmue 3 shows that people love our legacy,” adds Rooke, who says Sega is exploring ways to re-release the original two Shenmue titles.

MarketingWeek is a fucking nightmare to register on, btw. Was a pain to even make an account. Their servers are worse than our at E3 :p

Anyways, HYPE, etc. I would be so down for the series to come to PS4 and PC in preparation for III!

Forklift me if old.

EDIT: Beware, it's practically impossible to get through to the site now. It's looping on "update your information" for viewing the article, so we can only go by the TSSZ snippet - which may be false, if this copy/paste shows to be true and the article hasn't been updated in the last two weeks.[

“Yes, we want to innovate and back smarthpones and virtual reality but our key purpose is to go back to what the brand used to stand for and I think the buzz around Shenmue 3 shows that’s the right strategy,” adds Rooke.

UPDATE:

https://twitter.com/ssf1991

And the main editor of TSSZ says that his little addition to the end of the statement was falsified. Lock 'er up, mods.

Ray Down

Banned
oh_yeah_obama.gif

Zach

Would play on PS4. I'm one of the weirdos who backed Shenmue III without playing the first two games.

please do so. With the third coming, and me backing it just to help fans in general, I am left with a game in a series I have no investment in. I'd love to be able to play the games with modern console improvements [IE the camera movement]

please do so. With the third coming, and me backing it just to help fans in general, I am left with a game in a series I have no investment in. I'd love to be able to play the games with modern console improvements [IE the camera movement]

Me too. I had never even heard of Shenmue until 2014. I've never played it. I know very little about it besides forklifts and sailors. I backed it to support the fans and will never play it myself without proper remasters of 1 and 2.

ps3ud0

Just had a goosebumps moment - Sega be mad not to do it...

I can see it now - Sega out on the Sony PSW conference tomorrow announcing the KS

ps3ud0 8)

Boke1879

CALL BLUEPOINT!

I'd buy two copies. One to obviously play and one to literally just keep wrapped in it's packaging if they did a physical release.

I mean this has to happen as I imagine a bunch of people backed Shenmue 3 without having played Shenmue 1 or 2 but believed word of mouth and the hype around Shenmue 3's reveal

bryanee

Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

Maybe I wont have to rebuy a fucking Dreamcast and pay stupid money for the games.

Skelter

Banned
Shenmue 1 and II in glorious 4K! Can you imagine it?! Given Sega's new found love for PC.

Maybe Skies of Arcadia will happen someday...

Top Bottom