• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega of Japan wants to know which game you wish to see revived

I wrote in 'ベアナックル 怒りの鉄拳' as the game I want to see revived.

just finished

1- Saturn
2- Segata Sanshiro
3- Virtua Fighter

let's be honest, I'd also like to see a lot of brands coming back, but after Daytona, SEGA need something big if they wanna get some revenue
for example, let's say that SP5 wins the poll, the game has always sold poor, do you think that SEGA, this Sega, would publish another gane which will sell poorly?

First make a big a great IP comeback and maybe then they will produce some more IP's

I live in Tokyo so my vote won't be dismissed

I'd love to see a new Golden Axe, Virtua Fighter, Resonance of Fate, Anarchy Reigns/MadWorld or Phantasy Star Online. SEGA has too many IPs that I like.

Voted for "Phantasy Star (オンラインではない)"

Don't know why Phantasy Star Online should even be an option, PSO2 is still alive and well in Japan.

DJIzana

Voted for "Phantasy Star (オンラインではない)"

Don't know why Phantasy Star Online should even be an option, PSO2 is still alive and well in Japan.

As I said earlier... a remake would be nice w/ UE4 and a remade OST (though... how could a remake of the OST top the original? That part would be pretty hard to do).

cj_iwakura

No brainer:

KKHgPyt.jpg

Don't know how much this is going to matter, though.

As I said earlier... a remake would be nice w/ UE4 and a remade OST (though... how could a remake of the OST top the original? That part would be pretty hard to do).

Yeah. I mean heck I would've been content with a remaster for the 3DS. The original OST is still great though, no need to remake it.

I don't see them ever remaking the game though. No one would want to buy any newer entries in the series if they did that :p.

gfxtwin

In addition to Shenmue, Rez and Sonic? Ecco the Dolphin, one that still functions more or less like an underwater platformer, but with much more expansive environments than the Dreamcast version and improved graphics.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Master System and Mega Drive are the only consoles that matter to me from Sega, so my answers would always be Streets of Rage and Shinobi.

I'd say Alex Kidd too but I'm not sure how well that would work in the modern age. Even as a 2D platform we it might end up being a bit... Basic.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Who's table do I need to flip over at Sega Corp to find out why JSR was omitted from the list?

rmWFgAq.gif

-hadouken

I'd like to see a collection of Model 1 & 2 games for current platforms. Virtua Racing (upres with high framerate) would make me buy a PSVR!

Vex_

Banned
ベア・ナックル played a way bigger role in every gamer's life than people seem to give it credit for. This is one of the few game series where everyone can agree that it not only has one of the most memorable and like able OSTs of all time, but also some of the most memorable enemy types and sound effects.

No one can hate this game. And if you do, you dont matter. You're irrelevant. You're GARBAGE. So why not give it a revival?

Mar Nosso

Banned
No Shining/Shining Force?

Go fuck yourself SEGA.

Edit: You need only to have a look at this stupid list to know that talk about now being all about quality games and games for the hardcore was a load of bullshit. They might as well change their name, because SEGA this is not.

Indelible

My top three are Panzer Dragoon, Shining Force and Skies of Arcadia, a new installment or remake of any of those would be much appreciated.

VECTORMAN 🙌🏽🙀😱😍👌🏻💚💚💯💯🔥🔥⚡️♿️

I picked Binary Domain, because I'd like to see a remaster and Sequel, which I know will never happen because the game sold like dogshit, but it's what I want anyway.

I picked Bayonetta because I'd like at least a current gen remaster.

And I picked Vanquish for the same reason as BD, with maybe slightly higher chances but still next to impossible.

Top Bottom