• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Anarchy Reigns would probably do amazing on PC with Steamworks online system, just saying.

It was such a shame the console versions flopped it should be up there with CoD and TF2 in terms of MP community.

A real alternative to MP FPS for casual play imo

dani_dc

It saddens me that at some point in the future my 360 will die (Falcon so it's inevitable from what I understand) and I'll lose the ability to play Bayonetta.

Anarchy Reigns would probably do amazing on PC with Steamworks online system, just saying.

Yeah, I would had picked it up for PC.
I hardly play multiplayer focused games, when I do it's usually something I do in short bursts when I have some downtime, which means I only really play multiplayer games on PC or handelds, so unfortunately buying it on consoles would had been a bad use of my money.
Alternatively I would had been interested in a Vita version.

kick51

Banned
I'd love the last gen games to get PC ports. I'd play Bayonetta another 20 times.

I broke down and bought an original Xbox last year for Orta, Spikeout, Gunvalk, and the unreleased Rent-A-Cop game, plus others I'm prob not thinking of atm.

Just spent all morning playing Orta and Spikeout, actually! :D

wwm0nkey

Yeah, I would had picked it up for PC.
I hardly play multiplayer focused games, when I do it's usually something I do in short bursts when I have some downtime, which means I only really play multiplayer games on PC or handelds, so unfortunately buying it on consoles would had been a bad use of my money.
Alternatively I would had been interested in a Vita version.
A Vita version would also be great. But a Steam version with Steamworks matchmaking, lobbies and maybe even workshop support for costumes? I would be so happy.

Woot just under 4500 have already signed, hopefully it'll hit 20,000 before long.

It really needs more of the big gaming sites to mention it. Rock Paper Shotgun and Eurogamer would probably bring in 10,000 sigs alone.

EDIT

I wonder if the reason P* seem rather cold to the idea is because they have Bayo 2 in development atm and are wanting Bayo 1 to get a WiiU port too. I would guess a PC port would be bad timing. That said Vanquish and Anarcahy Reigns could get ported to PC with Bayo been left out as a large incentive to get a WiiU

ezodagrom

I wonder if the reason P* seem rather cold to the idea is because they have Bayo 2 in development atm and are wanting Bayo 1 to get a WiiU port too. I would guess a PC port would be bad timing. That said Vanquish and Anarcahy Reigns could get ported to PC with Bayo been left out as a large incentive to get a WiiU
If you're talking about the tweet posted a few pages ago, it was just a tweet taken out of context. ^^;

So taking one tweet out of context, especially from that Shredder dude, who I eventually had to block, is pretty flamebaitey, so I'm popping into this thread.

I was the one that pushed for our team to visit Valve, and I have been the one pestering the MGR PC producer with everyone's comments to make sure people are aware of the PC audience. Push comes to shove, I am probably one of the biggest PC advocates at Platinum.

I would love to see Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC.
I don't think anyone who put their heart and soul into that game thinks differently. The more people who play our games and leave with a smile, the merrier.

My point on twitter is that, personally, I want to focus on creating new things. That is what I love. And I want people to support the new things. The new ideas. If you wake up every day excited to make something new, it is hard to look at twitter when all the tweets make it feel like people want you to just remake something old.

I wrote a much longer post about how I think we should all focus on supporting new content, but I realized that I want to have faith in you all. I hope that you put an equal amount of energy and love into supporting all that we do, not just pushing for PC ports of PG games. Bayonetta 2 or W101 are amazing experiences and deserve your passion and support. Tons of games on Kickstarter are new experiences, not just the nostalgia projects that get the big numbers, and they deserve your support. New IPs all start somewhere and the big publishers need to know that "Shut up and take my money" applies to the new stuff even more than the old stuff or yearly sequels.

Are we cool now?

qzY0TE9.png

It does! And it's compatible with the 360 pad too, lulz. Resolution seems to be locked to 640x480 though :(

Windowed mode doesn't work unless you set your desktop colour mode to 16bit.

Gamerloid

Anyone tried to contact Rich from ReviewTechUSA? Getting him on board would be great since his videos average about 50K views. If not, I'll make the effort to get him on board.

ArjanN

What is he even saying? Post me some examples if you guys can. Difficult for me to browse right now.

I've seen him post in PC threads on the Capcom and Steam forums, maybe his heart is in right place, but he comes across as an angry 14 year old who hasn't grasped the concept of catching more flies with honey. Just ignore him.

TaroYamada

4800 if we could get to monday with 5500 (might be optimistic), I'd be pleased.

DSOGaming and 4players added to OP, 4players is a huge site in Germany so that's a great grab for us. I'll began (with all of your assistance of course) repushing most other press on monday, over the weekend I'm mostly gonna work on grabbing the attention of YouTuber's.

ReviewTechUSA sounds phenomenal to me.

Nillansan

What is he even saying? Post me some examples if you guys can. Difficult for me to browse right now.

Well, someone started a campaign pushing for a PC Port of Bayonetta on Steam, Shredder saw that as a cue to encourage people to Twitter bomb JP Kellams. I, amongst other people, advised against it. That didn't stop him. JP Kellams blocked him.

Here's the thread in question: PLS SEGA bring Bayonetta for PC! [Twitter campaign]

Grief.exe

Well if Bayonetta comes to PC, I might think about getting a Wii U and a sequel.

Probably not though, honestly I don't see a reason to get a next-gen console for the foreseeable future.

TaroYamada

Well if Bayonetta comes to PC, I might think about getting a Wii U and a sequel.

Probably not though, honestly I don't see a reason to get a next-gen console for the foreseeable future.

As much as I love PlatinumGames, I agree I am done on consoles and have been for a few years now I guess. I switched to PC in early 2011. I simply don't enjoy playing my games there, despite them having some exclusives I envy.

Wonderful 101/Bayonetta 2 look phenomenal but I probably won't own a Wii U anytime soon. Despite this I want to stress to JPK that I'm huge supporter of new IP, it's one of the reasons I love SEGA's history as a 1st party, lot's of risk that you just wouldn't see from anybody else. I just also happen to agree with others here, that they aren't mutually exclusive.

I just see it being as simple as SEGA nodding and then Platinum making a PC version of Bayonetta. With B2 on the horizon, they're probably wanting to keep Nintendo sweet after the major investment they've made in the series.
Love or hate B2 being a WiiU game, but it was Nintendo of all companie putting their hands in their pockets to pull the franchise from oblivion.
I just don't see that being rewarded with PC getting a fresh port of Bayo.

Focus should be much more on Vanquish.

Grief.exe

I just see it being as simple as SEGA nodding and then Platinum making a PC version of Bayonetta. With B2 on the horizon, they're probably wanting to keep Nintendo sweet after the major investment they've made in the series.
Love or hate B2 being a WiiU game, but it was Nintendo of all companie putting their hands in their pockets to pull the franchise from oblivion.
I just don't see that being rewarded with PC getting a fresh port of Bayo.

Focus should be much more on Vanquish.

We are just giving them the games that could be easily ported and would be successful.

Focus is pretty equal. Let Sega decide which is the best case scenario for the company and move forward.

Outside of potentially having an ideal version of Bayonetta on a platform that won't be phased out in the foreseeable future as well as owning one of my favorite fighting games on my platform of choice, I see supporting this petition as a way to give Vanquish a second chance.

I've played all of Platinum's work aside from MadWorld and Infinite Space, so I've usually known what to expect and how to approach their games. The only outlier in the bunch was Vanquish. When I played it a couple years back, I couldn't really get a feel for how it wanted me play. I ended up still finishing it, but was far from enamored by it as many others here seem to be.

I'm completely open to having my opinion changed on it, so I'd hope to one day play it on PC with a great IQ to boot!

Vormund

I really hope this goes somewhere, and I like the 3 games chosen to begin with.

It's been mentioned before by others, but I would totally buy a Sega branded Steam machine, and perhaps they could use it as their target spec.
Well they did put those Sega branded laptops out a while ago :)

Grief.exe

I can't believe rock paper shotgun, PC gamer, or some of these pc-focussed massive YouTube channels hasn't picked up on this.

Disappointing.

Just broke 5000 signatures.

Jcgamer60

As much as everyone wants to see PC ports of these games, do you really expect Sega to listen? I mean how many times have fans been asking for games like Streets of Rage, Skies of Arcadia, or Shenmue. They don't even want to localize Yakuza 5 for a western release.

TaroYamada

I can't believe rock paper shotgun, PC gamer, or some of these pc-focussed massive YouTube channels hasn't picked up on this.

Disappointing.

Just broke 5000 signatures.

Very lame, they should quit being lamesters. What happened to PC brotherhood? :(

edit: I also find TB's lack of response disappointing, dude isn't willing to swallow his pride to promote this and he goes on and on about how much he loves platinumgames and considers them one of the best, if not the best developers in the industry today. I get the Shining Force stuff blew but I think he should set aside for right now. There will come a day down the road where he'll regret not backing this in my view, if he loves PG as much as he says he does.

double edit: earlier I updated the actual petition page with some news, in case anybody cares. Figured most folks won't bother checking the gaf thread for updates.

Card Boy

Banned
People begging for Anarchy Reigns are fucken nuts. The game was and is dead online on 2 platforms more popular than Steam.

Signed because I'd love Vanquish or Bayonetta up on there.

SEGA has been good with PC ports recently (well, at least with Sonic and ALl Stars Transformed being a great port) so I have no doubt that at LEAST in the future (maybe not for previous games) they'll think more about the PC than before.

Grief.exe

Made a tweet for 5000 signs, as always tweet it out and see where it takes us.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/427331081365254144

I'll be back from backpacking late tomorrow, we will get a major push for the straggling media outlets on Monday.

People begging for Anarchy Reigns are fucken nuts. The game was and is dead online on 2 platforms more popular than Steam.

PC is really the better place for progressive or niche multiplayer games. The demographic doesn't tend to favor flavor of the month games and communities stick around for decades.

Anarchy reigns isn't exactly the best foot forward though. The diversity of multiplayer games on the platform is already quite excessive and grows daily. Games such as Bayonetta, Vanquish, and VC would be more successful.

TaroYamada

Made a tweet for 5000 signs, as always tweet it out and see where it takes us.

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/427331081365254144

I'll be back from backpacking late tomorrow, we will get a major push for the straggling media outlets on Monday.

PC is really the better place for progressive or niche multiplayer games. The demographic doesn't tend to favor flavor of the month games and communities stick around for decades.

Anarchy reigns isn't exactly the best foot forward though. The diversity of multiplayer games on the platform is already quite excessive and grows daily. Games such as Bayonetta, Vanquish, and VC would be more successful.

I really wanted to include Border Break (and to a lesser extent Anarchy Reigns) in the petition, it (both) would do so well as a F2P title.

DocSeuss

So taking one tweet out of context, especially from that Shredder dude, who I eventually had to block, is pretty flamebaitey, so I'm popping into this thread.

I was the one that pushed for our team to visit Valve, and I have been the one pestering the MGR PC producer with everyone's comments to make sure people are aware of the PC audience. Push comes to shove, I am probably one of the biggest PC advocates at Platinum.

I would love to see Vanquish and Bayonetta on PC.
I don't think anyone who put their heart and soul into that game thinks differently. The more people who play our games and leave with a smile, the merrier.

My point on twitter is that, personally, I want to focus on creating new things. That is what I love. And I want people to support the new things. The new ideas. If you wake up every day excited to make something new, it is hard to look at twitter when all the tweets make it feel like people want you to just remake something old.

I wrote a much longer post about how I think we should all focus on supporting new content, but I realized that I want to have faith in you all. I hope that you put an equal amount of energy and love into supporting all that we do, not just pushing for PC ports of PG games. Bayonetta 2 or W101 are amazing experiences and deserve your passion and support. Tons of games on Kickstarter are new experiences, not just the nostalgia projects that get the big numbers, and they deserve your support. New IPs all start somewhere and the big publishers need to know that "Shut up and take my money" applies to the new stuff even more than the old stuff or yearly sequels.

Are we cool now?

I have not been watching the thread for a while. But just know that, uh, my reality is that I'm not buying Platinum games unless they're on the PC, because I'm no longer buying console games period. Five or six years down the road, maybe that changes, and I feel comfortable wasting money on consoles, but right now, I simply don't have the money to waste on new hardware. I'm sure future Platinum games will be good, but as a potential customer, I feel the need to let you folks at Platinum know that the only way I can give you my money anymore is if your products are released on the PC.

Doesn't Steam have more accounts than both XBL and PSN?

Yaqoub

Signed. Hopefully SEGA would wisen up and even localize the frequently requested games they've been holding back after this petition.

daninthemix

I've thought of some more:

Shining Force 3
Burning Rangers
Sega Rally (is this even possible? I think Sega lost the Toyota license)

EDIT: And if an entire community loves Shining Force 3 so much they were able to translate parts 2 and 3 themselves, surely that's indicative of a potential audience?

Peff

The issue with the first two is that their source code has most likely been lost a long, long time ago, much like Panzer Dragoon Saga and others. I wouldn't count on remakes from scratch for either, unfortunately. Sega Rally actually has a PC port already, but they lost the renewed license they used for SR Revo and SR3 HD a while ago and they don't seem to have any interest in a retooled license-less version like with Daytona.

Top Bottom