• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

TaroYamada

We need support from these sites, period. We will live and die by our press, get out there:

Please target @joystiq @eurogamer and @crecenteb(Polygon)

Come up with your own tweet or use this one:

@targets please report on #SEGAPCPorts petition http://kotaku.com/petition-we-want-more-sega-games-like-bayonetta-on-1508032169 6,000 sigs and recognized by SEGA!

Me and Grief absolutely need assistance on this aspect of the campaign, thanks in advance for your contributions.

If you absolutely do not want to create your own tweet, retweet mine:
Joystiq
EuroGamer
Polygon

Other sites that need targeting: IGN, Gamespot, RockPaperShotgun, PCGamer

Quoted for new page read it please ^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really suprised they didn't covered the story already. We have 6000 signatures + Sega's recognition. The petition should've been all over the gaming news by now.

Did you guys try tweeting Dave Cook from VG24/7? He loves Platinum. I think he could help us by posting the petition on VG24/7. Here's his Twitter:

https://twitter.com/davescook

Just did
thanks.

FCAAKFJA:S :D Replied and gave him OP link.

edit: it's been like 10 minutes since repush and we already have a major bite!

I'm actually amazed we got a reply myself! I didn't expect something so soon! But I decided to jump on Eurogamer after I saw them send a tweet a few minutes before.

TaroYamada

Didn't mean to rush you :) Go to sleep afterwards :p

Done, click images for links! I specify this in the parens above them!

I'm actually amazed we got a reply myself! I didn't expect something so soon! But I decided to jump on Eurogamer after I saw them send a tweet a few minutes before.

I'm amazed, I've had a couple people gnawing on them since this began (excluding the weekend). I don't care why I'm just glad you got through, thanks!

edit: also everybody thank Nillan, he's the one that wanted me to change our tweet headline so it no longer mentioned neogaf and that's when I added "recognized by SEGA". Without Nillan and Cisce we may not have got their attention, much thanks owed by all supporters.

I'm amazed, I've had a couple people gnawing on them since this began (excluding the weekend). I don't care why I'm just glad you got through, thanks!

You're welcome! I also tweeted out the sources to the two Sega forum posts in the conversation and linked to your twitter too. :)

Also, I'm currently in the process of writing an article about the petition for a site. It's not going to reach a gigantic audience, but all press is good press!

Grief.exe

I'm sending out Tweets to Eurogamer, Joystiq, VG247, etc right now.

Try Tweeting the RPS writers as well

https://twitter.com/botherer
https://twitter.com/bonzrat
https://twitter.com/jimrossignol

I am going to create a thread in the RPS forum later today. I will let you all know when it is live. Hopefully that will help a little.

Let us know and we can come by and give some assistance. I will even make an account if that helps.

I would like to see Panzer Dragoon mentioned more specifically in the petition based on the existing PS2 port and the (presumed) ease with which Sega could follow the Nights conversion route. Also it was a Saturn launch game that many owners of the system played and enjoyed, and the start of a long and beloved lineage. So I think it could have commercial traction, moreso than many of the mentioned titles.

So many great games from the PS2/GC/Xbox era that need to be ported over. The reason they aren't explicitly mentioned to the degree of the other games is Sega seems to be doing these ports of their own accord.

Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue Series
Skies of Arcadia
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Otogi I/II

I would love to see these on PC.

Condemned 2 PC version? No? No.. :(

WB owns that iteration now.

Nillansan

I'm sending out Tweets to Eurogamer, Joystiq, VG247, etc right now.

Don't focus too much on VG247 for now as their site is going through some maintenance, they are expecting to relaunch the site later today. They might be too occupied with the relaunch to actually bother with our campaign, I would wait until the site is live.

Let us know and we can come by and give some assistance. I will even make an account if that helps.

Somebody already made a thread on RPS, I will try to get in touch with the thread starter and ask him to update the OP so that it reflects the current developments.

Here's a link to the thread: Let's petition Sega to get more great games on the PC (RPS Forum).

Nillansan

Grief.exe

Spaghetti

nice boost

7000 by tomorrow quite easily. 10,000 by the end of the week.

keep it up and that 20,000 will be long behind us.

Grief.exe

And of course other games like Valkyria Chronicles is left out from the "Games mentioned in this article" column.

Sega is aware of the desire for VC and it says it right on the petition. I think we have our bases covered in that respect.

Top Bottom