• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Grief.exe

I will be here for a bit more then have to leave for class. I'll message him your number if he doesn't get back to me before I have to leave.

Parsnip

I guess some news outlets report on news when they are actually news. :p
I mean just imagine if they reported about every little thing that comes around, that would be crazy. So I'm not at all surprised that for some outlets 10K might be the magic number where it crosses that invisible threshold from "just another petition" to actually something worthwhile.

TaroYamada

I guess some news outlets report on news when they are actually news. :p
I mean just imagine if they reported about every little thing that comes around, that would be crazy. So I'm not at all surprised that for some outlets 10K might be the magic number where it crosses that invisible threshold from "just another petition" to actually something worthwhile.

Probably but the fact we have recognition from sega and pg makes our little petition a bit more newsworthy imo

Parsnip

Probably but the fact we have recognition from sega and pg makes our little petition a bit more newsworthy imo
Not to sound all negative here, but recognition means nothing if you don't also have the numbers.
But the numbers are getting there, day by day.
It's not quite there yet though.

Shiokazu

i asked for help on a gamer forum from brazil, its kind of huge as neogaf is, only its national.

i hope i can get them to sign and spread the word. i'll give my best to make the movement known here in this country, i mean, ALL HELP is welcome. right?

i asked for help on a gamer forum from brazil, its kind of huge as neogaf is, only its national.

i hope i can get them to sign and spread the word. i'll give my best to make the movement known here in this country, i mean, ALL HELP is welcome. right?

Of course, every signature counts.

Nillansan

George just tweeted it out. Awesome guy, love his channel.

Yeah, he is definitely one of the best content providers out there along with Errant Signal and MrBTongue. He was really enthusiastic about the campaign as well, but he isn't sure if there is enough to the campaign to warrant a video covering it - it was mighty cool of him to still support the campaign. It was nice having a chat with him.

Grief.exe

I'm contemplating getting Bayonetta as well, but that PS3 port isn't as good.

XANdejr.jpg

Not to sound all negative here, but recognition means nothing if you don't also have the numbers.
But the numbers are getting there, day by day.
It's not quite there yet though.

I will take this slow and steady approach, seem we get some media outlets to sign on everyday and about 1000 signatures pour in.

Shaneus

Brazil is still very much a Sega country, aren't they? It's been a while since I've heard anything about Brazil and Sega, but I do know about the extended lifetimes of the Genesis and Master System over there.

Shiokazu

Brazil is still very much a Sega country, aren't they? It's been a while since I've heard anything about Brazil and Sega, but I do know about the extended lifetimes of the Genesis and Master System over there.

sorry i didnt really get what you meant by extended lifetime.

but i didnt got to this age here, i had a SNES on that back on that time. Penty people here are still loving sega games. Myself being one of those who really love valkyria chronicles and willing to beat the game ( i never had the chance to actually beat it. )

the movement is already gathering some followers here btw, kinda slowly but i blame the hour. maybe by tomorrow it gets a better spot.

Shaneus

sorry i didnt really get what you meant by extended lifetime.
That's okay. I meant that from what I'd seen, the Mega Drive was for sale in shops in Brazil long after other countries had stopped. I believe up until 2000 or so?

From the MD/Genesis Wikipedia page:
In Brazil the Mega Drive never ceased production, though Tec Toy's current models emulate the original hardware. On December 5, 2007, Tec Toy released a portable version of Mega Drive with twenty built-in games. Another version of the console called "Mega Drive Guitar Idol" comes with two six-button joypads and a guitar controller with five fret buttons. The Guitar Idol game contains a mix of Brazilian and international songs. The console has 87 built-in games, including some new ones from Electronic Arts: FIFA 2008, Need for Speed Pro Street, The Sims 2, and Sim City.
I used that as a gauge of how popular Sega is in Brazil, and maybe sharing the petition isn't as hopeless as you might think :)

TaroYamada

There's really no reason why it shouldn't. Was it that that ran on Chihiro, the same hardware as Outrun 2 (and essentially, the Xbox)?

RingEdge actually, which is basically a gaming desktop from the mid 00's with Windows Embedded.

After VF5 comes we're gonna be pushing for this bad boy:

fLPhR8e.jpg

Ushiwaka

I'm contemplating getting Bayonetta as well, but that PS3 port isn't as good.

The PS3 version suffers from lower frame rate, longer loading times (this was patched I believe) and some minor graphic problems, but it's playable.

I bought the PS3 version first, played it like a thousand times and then bought the 360 version and the difference blew me away... (That's right, if I buy Bayonetta PC version it would be triple dip! I love you Platinum <3)

P.S: We're on Eurogamer Spain as well! :

http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/20...ga-haga-ports-para-pc-de-bayonetta-y-vanquish

Shaneus

RingEdge actually, which is basically a gaming desktop from the mid 00's with Windows Embedded.

fLPhR8e.jpg
I didn't realise different iterations of VF5 came out on different hardware platforms. Weird.

Actually, screw it. I'd give up on Vanquish for PC if I could just see any kind of home port of this.

TaroYamada

I didn't realise different iterations of VF5 came out on different hardware platforms. Weird.

Actually, screw it. I'd give up on Vanquish for PC if I could just see any kind of home port of this.

I miss Yu too friend, hopefully SEGA Race TV heads our way someday.

And yes, tad weird but helps our case so I won't think on it too long!

fLPhR8e.jpg

I see Border Break also runs on RingEdge. Being a team based, objective driven multiplayer shooter that blends Battlefield with Armored Core and runs on microtransactions, I'm going to assume there's something I'm missing here that makes a PC port an impossibility. Because that sure does sound like something that could be really popular on the platform. I know it would require a translation and a reworking of the touch screen aspects, but come on.

Parsnip

I will take this slow and steady approach, seem we get some media outlets to sign on everyday and about 1000 signatures pour in.

Yeah absolutely.
I may have come across more negative than I meant, I'd absolutely love to play bunch of the Sega back catalog on my PC.

Sega's Western developed games have a pretty strong showing on PC, but it could definitely use some more Japanese developed games as well.

Spaghetti

the flood has become a trickle.

of course, it obviously isn't over. it's going to take a few pushes to reach the 20,000 though, maybe not all in one go either

TaroYamada

What media outlet should we push for today?

Gamespot?

Taro needs to let me know who to contact over there.

I could have sworn I told you on Steam chat? Guess not, this guy is our best bet.

is there any other viable outlet that hasn't been contacted or has yet to respond?

Probably, nothing I can think of. There's still some major ones we need to get on eventually; PCGamer, RPS, Gamespot, hopefully IGN.

GiantBomb should still happen I think, though we've not heard back from Patrick after he said he wanted to skype.

Make sure the media mentions that you don't have to put in your real name and address. It's putting off a lot of people I've talked to.

TaroYamada

Make sure the media mentions that you don't have to put in your real name and address. It's putting off a lot of people I've talked to.

I'll try to make that clear to Patrick if he still ends up Skyping with us. We have not heard back from him quite yet. I chose Change because that's where the rather successful GTA petition is, and the one Dark Souls used has been absorbed back into Change as well but I do wish I could alter the fields required for signing the petition down to just name/email.

edit: some more press, pcgameshardware.de

Top Bottom