• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega publish on their twitter a visit to the MS office.

Alx

As a european i'am proud to say I boycott Microsoft consoles since their first one. Went always with Sony and Nintendo instead. Still pissed they pushed Sega out of the market, which was at that time the only real arcade alternative and the output of "Japanese goodness" let's me collect games on Sega systems to this very day.

Er, MS didn't push Sega out of the market, Sony and Nintendo did. MS was actually a partner with Sega on the Dreamcast (remember WinCE games ?), and the Xbox helped many studios transition to third party (with games like Gunvalkyrie, Spikeout, Jet Set Radio Future, that were "rescued" from their original DC plans)

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
E3 2019, Phil Spencer says: we bought some developers past year, now we will expand this with Sega being a second party
All Yakuza games being ported to Xbox
Persona 5 ported to Xbox
Golden Axe reboot announced
Altered Beast reboot announced

"and yeah, other plataforms still going to have Sega games, but we still have something up"

Premiere of a timed exclusive on screen
Sonic Adventure 3 is announced
Jun Senoue with Takashi Iizuka gets on stage and everyone freaks out
Altered Beast is available on Xbox One via backwards compatibility.

Last edited:

Aren117

Expectation: Virtua Fighter 6: Game of the Century Edition

Reality: Sonic the Hedgehog - The Movie: The Official Game (1y exclusivity for Xbox One)

With rumors of google possibly partnering with sega, again rumor, I wonder if that effects any plans MS has with sega? If they had any at all.

microsoft does not care about exclusivity as long as its not on playstation lmao

to them if a game is on all platforms and theirs. but not on playstation. thats a win.

Last edited:

cireza

Still pissed they pushed Sega out of the market
Feels like your entire life was a lie lol.

OG Xbox was also pretty good with niche or arcade Japanese games and Xbox 360 even better. This fell flat with Xbox One though.

Last edited:

Maguro

Er, MS didn't push Sega out of the market, Sony and Nintendo did. MS was actually a partner with Sega on the Dreamcast (remember WinCE games ?), and the Xbox helped many studios transition to third party (with games like Gunvalkyrie, Spikeout, Jet Set Radio Future, that were "rescued" from their original DC plans)
Well I guess you're kinda right.

Still the Xbox not a brand for me..

Maguro

Feels like your entire life was a lie lol.

OG Xbox was also pretty good with niche or arcade Japanese games and Xbox 360 even better. This fell flat with Xbox One though.
I know they didn't pushed them out, Sega did it themself. What I meant was that they took the place of Sega.
Sorry, English and is not my native language

cireza

I know they didn't pushed them out, Sega did it themself. What I meant was that they took the place of Sega.
Sorry, English and is not my native language
Xbox is not a "dudobro fan of FPS and Forza" console more than PS is "football and playable movies" console or Switch a "it's a me MARIO, I never buy third party games !" console.

For every console, the vast majority of games are sold to a pretty common profile of gamers. This is true for Xbox, but PS and Nintendo as well.

I have a Switch, a Wii U, a Vita and an Xbox One X. For each console, I buy very niche games, mainly Japanese games. I am part of a minority of gamers for each of these consoles, and this minority (which I believe you are a part too) actually exist on all consoles. There is no reason to distinguish these consoles in the end, except for stupid console war reasons, they all offer something even for niche games/genres etc...

Last edited:

Havoc2049

As a european i'am proud to say I boycott Microsoft consoles since their first one. Went always with Sony and Nintendo instead. Still pissed they pushed Sega out of the market, which was at that time the only real arcade alternative and the output of "Japanese goodness" let's me collect games on Sega systems to this very day.

Xbox came up when a new crowd was hungering for ego shooter warfare games and that was the total opposite to my taste. Yes I know there were games like Mushihimesama and some Japanese arcade ports later but still the damage was done for me. Xbox.. A brand I would always consider targeted towards dudebros, japanophobes and inferior to Dreamcast.

I love me some old school LucasArts on PC though.

That little Windows CE logo smack dab on the front of the Dreamcast and the port of StarLancer on the Dreamcast must bug you to no end. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

As a fan of Sega games and the Dreamcast, how could you NOT buy the original Xbox? With all the Sega exclusives and sequels to many classic Sega games and the continuation of console online multiplayer, the Xbox was like the Dreamcast 2. I was a big Saturn and Dreamcast fan and I had an Xbox preordered the first day stores started taking preorders. I had so many good times playing Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gunvalkyrie, Crazy Taxi 3, The House of the Dead 3, Sega GT 2002, Sega GT Online, JSRF, Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue II, PGR (loved MSR on the DC), Soul Calibur II, DOA 3 and many other games by Sega or series that started out on the Dreamcast. My Xbox launch day bundle included one Microsoft/Bungie game (Halo) and two sequels to Dreamcast games (PGR and DOA 3).

Last edited:
MS actually releasing hardware named „Dreamcast something“ since they said xbox is a service not a piece of hardware etc. while buying SEGA to ensure massive original IP support from Japan would be amazing. And never gonna happen. I dont make any sense, sorry.

Top Bottom