• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA publishing new game by Double Fine Productions (Ron Gilbert's game)

ShadiWulf

0Szsx.jpg

SEGA’s Twitter has recently posted a mystery image on Flickr, seen here, of a forest setting with a chunk missing from the image and a question mark. Clearly they are teasing a new game, but what game could it be? Well, we shared the initial image on our Facebook page a kind reader by the name of Marius Theßeling speculated that the art matched the style of Ron Gilbert’s unannounced upcoming game from Double Fine Productions. And sure enough, it matches up! We simply grabbed the image from SEGA’s flicker, and dropped in all the character art from Gilbert’s blog onto the image. Just like a puzzle, an image came together and you can see the completed image above. So it’s official: SEGA is teaming with Double Fine to publish a game! Sorry if we ruined the surprise, SEGA. But all the pieces were there.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/05/22/sega-publishing-new-game-by-double-fine-productions/

I didn't think there would be a way to condemn a double fine game to even WORSE sales, but teaming with Sega will certainly make that a reality.

V_Ben

Banned
SEGA really does pick up the most surprising things, but this is totally awesome. Excited for Thursday now.

Thores

Oh awesome.

What's interesting is that each character seems to be from a different era in time. You've got a cowboy, a knight, a modern day scientist, a space cadet (?) and a robot (?) and a couple of others I can't really place. This has a lot of potential if the image these people pieced together is accurate, so color me intrigued.

I wonder how much this concept overlaps with Tim's idea for Double Fine Adventure, though. I guess we'll see.

Guri

Ron already said this is some kind of mix between Maniac Mansion and Monkey Island. We already know that, for the MM part, we can control more than one character.

Top Bottom