• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA put a bunch of Sonic music on Spotify. Let's look back on our favorite tunes!

Salbug

Crush 40, too!

This so much. It seems just about every composer that has been involved with a Sonic game has shown up.

I'm even seeing Julien-K listed now.

d91.gif

I was on the fence about making a GAF thread for this for a couple of days, but decided not to as I've been pretty busy.

Either way, here's the Spotify links to all of the albums:

Sonic CD 20th Anniversary OST
Sonic R Original Soundtrack
Sonic Adventure 20th Anniversary OST
Sonic Adventure Vol. 1
Sonic Adventure Vol. 2
Sonic Adventure 2 20th Anniversary OST
Sonic Adventure 2 Vol. 1
Sonic Adventure 2 Vol. 2
Sonic The Hedgehog "Passion and Pride" Anthems with Attitude from the Sonic Adventure Era (Character themes)
Passion and Pride Instrumental Collection (now you can sing along to the Knuckles theme!)
Sonic Heroes 20th Anniversary OST
Sonic Rush -Original Groove Rush- (incomplete in Canada, but the main tracks are there)
Sonic Rush Adventure Original Soundtrack
Shadow the Hedgehog OST
Sonic Riders OST
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006 VOL 1
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006 VOL 2
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2006 VOL 3
Sonic and the Secret Rings OST Vol. 1
Sonic and the Secret Rings OST Vol. 2 (incomplete in Canada)
Sonic Riders Shooting Star Story Original Soundtrack "Zero Gravity Tracks"
Planetary Pieces: Sonic Unleashed OST Vol. 1
Planetary Pieces: Sonic Unleashed OST Vol. 2
Planetary Pieces: Sonic Unleashed OST Vol. 3
Sonic And The Black Knight OST Vol. 1 (incomplete in Canada)
Sonic And The Black Knight OST Vol. 2 (incomplete in Canada)
SONIC COLORS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKViViD SOUND × HYBRiD COLORS(Vol.1)
SONIC COLORS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKViViD SOUND × HYBRiD COLORS(Vol.2)
SONIC COLORS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKViViD SOUND × HYBRiD COLORS(Vol.3)
Sonic 4 Episode I OST (lol)
Sonic Free Riders OST -Break Free-
Sonic Generations OST Vol. 1
Sonic Generations OST Vol. 2
Sonic 4 Episode II OST
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed Original Soundtrack Vol. 1
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed Original Soundtrack Vol. 2
SONIC LOST WORLD ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK WITHOUT BOUNDARIES Vol. 1
SONIC LOST WORLD ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK WITHOUT BOUNDARIES Vol. 2
SONIC LOST WORLD ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK WITHOUT BOUNDARIES Vol. 3
Sonic Runners Original Soundtrack Vol. 1

Crush 40:
Super Sonic Songs - The Best of Crush 40
Crush 40 - Live

Crush 40 Singles (the Rise Again EP):
Sonic Youth
One of Those Days
Song of Hope
Rise Again

Sega:
Jet Set Radio
Jet Set Radio Future

EDIT: Thanks to Mr Swine for the Sonic Unleashed album links!

Searches Spotify for Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle, Magical Sound Shower/Out Run, and Toejam and Earl.

No results.

Closes Spotify tab.

Searches Spotify for Streets of Rage, and Toejam and Earl.

No results.

Closes Spotify tab.

All there is, is Sonic atm. The Sega iTunes has Skies of Arcadia, OutRun, Shinobi and Phantasy Star Online's soundtracks (incl. Episode 3) but they're not on Spotify.

I imagine we'll get some more Sega soundtracks at some point.

Cody_D165

Banned
I fucking love Crush 40.

posted this in the sonic thread a little while ago but I got to see them live at the end of October and it was fucking incredible. I also got meet Jun Senoue for a little while and he was kind enough to sign my childhood copy of SA2B.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The Sonic series has had a lot of ups and downs, but the music has
almost
never been a problem. Thanks for the heads-up.

novenD

I don't care what anybody else says, the soundtrack for Sonic and the Black Knight is pure Crush 40 buttrock bliss.

Highlights include:

Knight of the Wind AKA WOAOOOAAAAAAOAOAAAAH

Through the Fire AKA The one you didn't hear much of because you beat the rival battles in like ten seconds

Fight the Knight AKA MY WILL TO FIGHT THE KNIGHT

With Me (Massive Power Mix) AKA Final Boss Music (TM)

Live Life AKA The gentle music that plays during the credits to let you down from the emotional high that is the ending of Sonic and the Black Knight

As for the non-vocal sections of the soundtrack, there's a few gems.

All there is, is Sonic atm. The Sega iTunes has Skies of Arcadia, OutRun, Shinobi and Phantasy Star Online's soundtracks (incl. Episode 3) but they're not on Spotify.

Streets of Rage soundtracks are on iTunes under Yuzo Koshiro's name.

Revenge of Shinobi, too.

Mr Swine

Banned
If you look up Sega as the artist there are a bunch more.

Edit: Crush 40, too!

I was on the fence about making a GAF thread for this for a couple of days, but decided not to as I've been pretty busy.

Sonic Adventure Vol. 1
Sonic Adventure Vol. 2
Sonic Adventure 2 Vol. 1
Sonic Adventure 2 Vol. 2
Sonic The Hedgehog "Passion and Pride" Anthems with Attitude from the Sonic Adventure Era (Character themes)
Passion and Pride Instrumental Collection (now you can sing along to the Knuckles theme!)
Sonic Rush -Original Groove Rush- (incomplete in Canada, but the main tracks are there)
Shadow the Hedgehog OST
Sonic Riders OST
Sonic 4 Episode II OST

Crush 40:
Crush 40 - Live

Sonic Youth
One of Those Days
Song of Hope
Rise Again

Didn't need to go far for someone to put up Spotify links! Thanks!

Too bad there aren't any Sonic Unleashed music in Spotify or classic sonic :/

Didn't need to go far for someone to put up Spotify links! Thanks!

Too bad there aren't any Sonic Unleashed music in Spotify or classic sonic :/

No problem! :)

The best you'll have is Sonic CD.

Classic Sonic is on iTunes with Sonic1+2's soundtrack, but sadly not on Spotify.

Top ten Sonic game tunes:

10. Mazuri Daytime (Sonic Unleashed)
9. Leaf Forest Act 1 (Sonic Advance 2)
8. Sandopolis Zone, Act 1 (Sonic and Knuckles)
7. Sky Chase Zone (Sonic 2)
6. Metropolis Zone (Sonic 2)
5. Star Light Zone (Sonic 1)
4. Scrap Brain Zone (Sonic 1)
3. Aquatic Ruin Zone (Sonic 2)
2. Rooftop Run Classic (Sonic Generations)

Aaaaaaand number one...

1. Ice Cap Zone, Act 1 (Sonic 3)

Honorable Mention:

E.G.G.M.A.N., Crisis City, Hill Top Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Planet Wisp, Palmtree Panic (Good Future JP)

Mr Swine

Banned
No problem! :)

The best you'll have is Sonic CD.

Classic Sonic is on iTunes with Sonic1+2's soundtrack, but sadly not on Spotify.

Sonic CD? Eugh, can't stand that games music at all :( how many songs do I need on Spotify so I can listen on shuffle play? Plays random songs :/

Edit: found Sonic Unleashed music Yay!

https://open.spotify.com/album/1WMMVgaf7DFVm6o4UjM8HA

https://open.spotify.com/album/0S6PWDFlwV8QSTaKw6Zxli

https://open.spotify.com/album/7F5FDRv2a1QHevNyYv65YI

I'm loving new Sega. Between this, the social marketing presence and the extended development time of their next mainline game from Sonic Team coming next year it appears they're making a genuine effort to revive Sonic. The new changes across the company are having a positive effect so far. Their efforts with Sonic, delaying games for quality like Persona 5, the recent Valkyria Project, the Yakuza game announcements, acknowledging Shenmue - it's like every Sega-related news article that appears including this one is positive for once.

So many good announcements from Sega in tandem with their out spoken change in ethos makes me interested and excited about what they're up to again. Keep it coming Sega.

Tizoc

I'm loving new Sega. Between this, the social marketing presence and the extended development time of their next mainline game from Sonic Team coming next year it appears they're making a genuine effort to revive Sonic. The new changes across the company are having a positive effect so far. Their efforts with Sonic, delaying games for quality like Persona 5, the recent Valkyria Project, the Yakuza game announcements, acknowledging Shenmue - it's like every Sega-related news article that appears including this one is positive for once.

So many good announcements from Sega in tandem with their out spoken change in ethos makes me interested and excited about what they're up to again. Keep it coming Sega.

I'm honestly still VERY worried about the new Sonic game, such that I'm telling myself I'd be fine with the Taxman ports of Sonic 1 and 2 being enough :X

Sonic CD? Eugh, can't stand that games music at all :( how many songs do I need on Spotify so I can listen on shuffle play? Plays random songs :/

Edit: found Sonic Unleashed music Yay!

https://open.spotify.com/album/1WMMVgaf7DFVm6o4UjM8HA

https://open.spotify.com/album/0S6PWDFlwV8QSTaKw6Zxli

https://open.spotify.com/album/7F5FDRv2a1QHevNyYv65YI

Thanks for the heads up! They weren't there when I created the list a few days ago. Looks like more are still being uploaded.

They won't actually display on my Spotify client, but they're showing up online. It errors out when I try and play them on my client, that's actually really weird.

User1608

Banned
Live and Learn is such a guilty pleasure of mine despite not being a big fan of the 3-D games outside of Colors. Speaking of Colors, I really love the title theme. So beautiful and majestic!

Mr Swine

Banned
Thanks for the heads up! They weren't there when I created the list a few days ago. Looks like more are still being uploaded.

They won't actually display on my Spotify client, but they're showing up online. It errors out when I try and play them on my client, that's actually really weird.

Same here, tried to add some songs and I got errors that I should try again later. But man does Sonic have good music :)

The Ummah

Banned
"Everybody's Super Sonic Racing, try to keep your feet right on the ground

When you're Super Sonic Racing there's no time to look around

We're just Super Sonic Racing, running to the point of no return

Everybody's Super Sonic Racing, come on let the fire burn"

The feels just thinking about the Sonic R soundtrack. So many good memories.

Piccoro

Sonic Adventure Vol. 1
Sonic Adventure Vol. 2
Sonic Adventure 2 Vol. 1
Sonic Adventure 2 Vol. 2
Shadow the Hedgehog OST
Sonic Riders OST
Planetary Pieces: Sonic Unleashed OST Vol. 1
Planetary Pieces: Sonic Unleashed OST Vol. 2
Planetary Pieces: Sonic Unleashed OST Vol. 3
Sonic 4 Episode II OST

Crush 40:
Crush 40 - Live

Sonic Youth
One of Those Days
Song of Hope
Rise Again

EDIT: Thanks to Mr Swine for the Sonic Unleashed album links!

WOW! This is so awesome, so many albums!!!
I love Spotify more and more each day. So glad I have a premium subscription until June 2016! :) :)

EDIT: Jet Set Radio too? Best Friday ever!!!

I'm honestly still VERY worried about the new Sonic game, such that I'm telling myself I'd be fine with the Taxman ports of Sonic 1 and 2 being enough :X

I think that whilst before your worries were valid and held merit this time the situation is different and we have multiple indications to be more optimistic and hopeful than ever. For one the game has existed in prototype form since about three years ago so it has had the longest development time of any Sonic game ever. Sonic Team's primary team (Generations) is working on it and has been so since that game released. A trusted and respected member of Sonic Retro talked about it and confirmed its existence.

He stated that he'd seen the prototype Sonic Team were working on and that the game doesn't follow the formula of Lost World or Generations but is an entirely different project altogether. So it's exciting to think about what they could be working on. We also know that Sega has a classic series focus for the anniversary next year as we've seen from promotional leaks from conventions and so on and we also know that they're deriving inspiration from the Genesis series in developing this new game - going by recent comments from both Sega Europe and America.

The game was intentionally given a protracted and lengthy development timespan by Sega and has in fact been rumoured to have been delayed again since the new CEO took over and delays were implemented across Sega's entire games portfolio (Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice for example received a delay and was thus given more development time) meaning this project will literally have had years in development - a far cry from the rushed games Sonic Team are notorious for putting out in the past and the first Sonic game in decades to be given such care and importance.

With all of that in mind I'd say we've heard enough information with some of it coming directly from Sega itself to remain positive and hopeful that the game should at the very least be competent and decent. Sonic Boom's failure hit them hard and it does appear that Sega are now seeking redemption. Speaking of those Taxman ports you mentioned the classic series focus for the anniversary should logically mean some kind of classic series re-release around then. I don't think Taxman is working on anything specifically at the moment but we could see his legacy ports at least being ported to modern systems now that the Nintendo deal is over. Personally I'm really optimistic and excited to see what Sega's new plans for Sonic are for 2016 and beyond.

Aaron Webber/RubyEclipse said we should hear something concrete about Sonic next year - presumably closer to the anniversary and therefore around Spring.

Tailzo

I find a lot of remixes of average quality, but where is the real Sonic 1,2,3 & Knuckles music on Spotify? I searched for Sonic the Hedgehog.

edt: Sorry, I saw the links posted on this page :)

JoBo4

Neo Member
Sonic Rush also had one of the coolest sonic soundtracks i've heard since the originals

and one of the few games i know to have used samples!

Daffy Duck

Jesus, the Spotify Windows player is garbage. I've been sat here waiting for like 2 minutes to load in my search for sega.

Fuck off Spotify, why must you make me go through this just to listen to some awesome music.

EDIT: And it finally loads yet I cannot seem to find any of the music from the good games, what gives?

WOW! This is so awesome, so many albums!!!
I love Spotify more and more each day. So glad I have a premium subscription until June 2016! :) :)

EDIT: Jet Set Radio too? Best Friday ever!!!
Indeed, have to go create an account and add them all. Hope more VG albums pop up. Under appreciated music.
My mom was loving the Celtic music of Triforce Heroes, it is real music.

flohen95

I fucking love Crush 40.

posted this in the sonic thread a little while ago but I got to see them live at the end of October and it was fucking incredible. I also got meet Jun Senoue for a little while and he was kind enough to sign my childhood copy of SA2B.

I saw Jun and Johnny live at the Summer of Sonic 2012. Essentially, their performance was the reason I went there - which was also my first time ever in the UK. Crush 40 is, unironically, one of my favourite music artists, period. I own every album, 2 of them signed at the SoS, and listen to them almost daily.
Glad to see that more people can listen to Crush 40 now (in a way that benefits the band) without having to import Japanese CDs, which are expensive as fuck.

On topic of Sonic soundtracks: My favourite one has to be SA1, which, in my opinion, is also the best video game soundtrack ever. It's just so consistently good.

Piccoro

Jesus, the Spotify Windows player is garbage. I've been sat here waiting for like 2 minutes to load in my search for sega.

Fuck off Spotify, why must you make me go through this just to listen to some awesome music.

EDIT: And it finally loads yet I cannot seem to find any of the music from the good games, what gives?

Use the Web player instead. Here, check out the Playlist I just made: https://play.spotify.com/user/1199465182/playlist/6rwTBFYIuxG2s1YwBjt4C5

Indeed, have to go create an account and add them all. Hope more VG albums pop up. Under appreciated music.
My mom was loving the Celtic music of Triforce Heroes, it is real music.

I hear ya! There's lots more VG music in Spotify, but it's mainly from Western companies.

MrBadger

The Sonic Heroes OST is my jam.
Mystic Mansion
Ocean Palace
Egg Fleet

I mean say what you want about Heroes and its slippy controls but the soundtrack's probably my favourite

Sonic 3 on PC got some different tracks for Carnival Night Zone, Ice Cap Zone and Launch Base Zone.

Dunno, prefer those ones than the original tracks.

Yeah, these ones are way more appropriate for their zones.

I still love the original Icecap, though. If copyright is a problem, I'd take a Sonic 3 remaster with this music

Top Bottom