• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA releases Bayonetta (8-bit) on Steam

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
WHAT

THE

FUCK

???

Mrbob

Whattttt??? This is a cruel troll if it doesn't lead to the release of Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Steam.

Please don't be an April Fool's joke because this is like the worst thing ever lol.

It makes for a nice April Fool's announcement, and I wouldn't take this as any form of confirmation, but I have to imagine SEGA's been running the numbers, to see how much it would cost to get a proper port going and what the returns would be.

...Never say Never.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I refuse to believe thats a troll

LMAO. Amazing.

Would absolutely buy the third time if there was a DMC4SE'esque remaster with Jeanne (or just the same goddamn game again) for currentgen platforms.

HardRojo

sega gotta be looking at those nier: automata steamspy numbers and thinking "we have to get in on this"

Probably. If NieR was able to reach better numbers, I'm sure Bayonetta could go further with proper marketing, it already has a somewhat established fanbase. Still, I don't think we'll see Bayo 2 in a non-Nintendo platform any time soon, regrettably.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Whattttt??? This is a cruel troll if it doesn't lead to the release of Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Steam.
wouldn't be at all surprised to see a version of Bayonetta show up

Bayonetta 2 is out of the question, though

jett

D-Member
What in the name of fuck is the point of this. What is it promoting?

April Fool's was a mistake.

If this is a sign of an imminent announcement of Bayonetta on PC, I'll take back all the nasty shit I said about Sega.

If not Sega can just go rot in Hell.

Sure. Doesn't mean they can't strike a deal for a PC-only release like they did with Sonic Lost World. Not that I think it will happen, but it is hardly impossible.

Sega published Sonic: Lost World on Wii U (though Nintendo handled those duties in EU). And Nintendo never owned that game.

If Bayonetta 2 comes to PC, it'll be because Nintendo sold the rights to that game to Sega.

MUnited83

For you.
mind you, the game description is literally

SEGA’s favourite Umbran Witch climaxes her way onto PC! Thrill to her signature beehive do in 8-bit pixelated glory! Jump! Shoot! Score! Being bad never felt so retro.

If this is not a tease, either SEGA went insane or Atlus just did a coup.

Everyone... and I mean EVERYONE download this and tell your friends to too...

They've probably been looking at Nier's sales and thinking that Steam users are wanting excellent action games.. so now is the time to bring it. Gauging that interest...

Berna

Wait, why does the "In The Face" achievement icon have an URL in it?

6bfb54f7a3cdc47ef8d96aca81f63820ad2ff89e.jpg

(Doesn't seem to go anywhere, and no other image seems to have a continuation of such URL, so... on the other hand, unlike my avatar suggests, I am not very good at spotting those things.)

Top Bottom