• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Reports Console Games Underperformed In Third Quarter.

Mn, kind of a dubious claim imo. They're two very different types of games to begin with, and I guess while the PD remake may be a tad on the lower scale of financial investment compared to CTR, PD's also a lesser-known IP and I'm just glad we are actually getting ANYTHING PD-related since Orta. Plus to me, the visuals look pretty good, especially considering it's going to be on the Switch (I'll be picking up the GOG versions tho).

The genre doesn't matter. Activision spent a lot of money and had the game remade with a top-class game engine and its looks fab. Panzer Dragoon remake is terrible in contrast, done of the cheap and where the Art direction been changed for the worse and we now have Chapters instead of Episodes. Please...

SEGA has always had this weird fear of many of their legacy IP, especially the ones on Saturn and Dreamcast, and it's just ridiculous at this point

I think part of the trouble is that it's either done of the cheap or on a lesser system (like NiGHTS into Dreams) or its outsourced and really doesn't look like the classic IP (SOR IV). When SEGA does actually put its mind to it and one of top In-House studos on the task the results usally are far better like with OutRun 2

then they need to put the Yakuza team and maybe members from other teams onto a 3D SoR with heavily modified Yakuza gameplay

I rather the Yakuza Team made something new or did a sequel to Binary Domain. Like with Assassins Creed, I feel each new Yakuza game plays and looks pretty much like what's gone before. Nither IP is terrible and the games are well made, but I like to see the teams move on and then come back to the IP is say 4 years time

Lucumo

Do I even need to answer that? Sure even you could work out, I meant VI.
Oh? That game doesn't even exist. It's called 新サクラ大戦 aka Shin Sakura Taisen. Considering you attack other forum users over such issues, you can't even get the name of the game right, twice.

Does this have to do with the shift in game mechanics? Realistically, they probably couldn't of kept the game the same way as the 2D ones without scaling down the size of the project. And other IP have managed successful shifts in their game mechanics, like the RE series.

If the game is legit good, then I hope it is successful, even if the game mechanics have changed a ton. People can't ask for investments back into dormant IP and then not support them when new entries come out and are otherwise actually good.
That as well. Change in game mechanics (for the worse), bad script and personally, I hate the change in the artstyle (not to mention that it really doesn't draw the people back to the series, reminiscing about old times). The only somewhat postive thing is the music and that the adventure part stays true to the series. But well, overall, a bad game that is already half-price...and it was released mid-December.

Oh? That game doesn't even exist. It's called 新サクラ大戦 aka Shin Sakura Taisen. Considering you attack other forum users over such issues, you can't even get the name of the game right, twice.

Seriously? I've never attacked other uses for using Westernised names for Japanese games. What next? Souky isn't right and it must be Soukyugurentai

That as well. Change in game mechanics (for the worse), bad script and personally, I hate the change in the artstyle

It's funny how a change is gameplay mechanics is ok for Yakuza 7 (So sorry I mean Ryuuga Gotoku Sebun: Hikari to Yami no Yukue) and is able to change its battle system, with no outcry, but not Sakura. Art style is very subjective and since I only speak and read Welsh/English, I 'll have to take your word for it, on the story and script, until I get the English version

Last edited:
Top Bottom