There's a trend, this game tick all boxes
1) cartoony colorful purple? check
2) battle royale and other today's trendy done to death stuff? check
3) bland characters? check
1. Multiplayer gamers don't care about art style. They're mechanics and design driven. So this point is moot.
2. Battle Royale has been done to death...only no it hasn't. There have been two higher profile BR misses in a sea of smash successes. Arena shooters have fizzled (been done to death for the last 20+ years). Battle Royale is still in its prime.
3. Bland characters? Again, you don't play multiplayer due to the character design. Leave that silly stuff to single player. Multiplayer is mechanics and design driven, not aesthetics driven.
BONUS: You don't find the irony in stanning for DIABLO 4, while dumping on a brand new IP?
Again, we all agree that CGI reveals are lame because they don't show gameplay. Let's be consistent that the rule applies to multiplayer every bit as much as single player.