• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega sucks.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Posted this in the leauge thread, but for those of you not in the league, Sega drops the ball again.

Dear Sega, Fuck you. From their forums:

1) The patch is being delayed, and here is what it does:

In the meantime, let me explain what the auto update will do for you Xbox gamers experiencing the roster validation issue. Since the problem with connecting to ESPN VIDEOGAMES appears to be a NAT / Microsoft security problem the auto update will not change your ability to connect to our server. What it does, is allow you to play online using the default roster against other people who have the default roster. It also makes it more clear when a server problem is encountered and gives you an option on the main online menu for trying to reconnect to the server. Online league play will still require a connection to our server. Microsoft is continuing to investigate the connectivity issues, but I have not gotten an update from them in several days.

FUCKIN A. This isnt going to fix anything... its just going to tell you when you have a problem. Thanks

Cloudy

Banned
Ummm....

Me -

"What exactly causes the freeze at the reporting screen? One player in our league has had that happen in three staight games (2 with the same person) while no one else is having the problem. I even played the guy he froze with twice the next week (the admin had to award the win for their game) and our game recorded. Could it be something with his connection?"

VC -

"Konex, There are two possible reasons for the "freeze". One is that the league stats queue is super backed up and the other is that there is a bug in the upload code that could prevent uploads from finishing for some people. This bug is fixed in the August 16th auto update. We are also working on improving the responsiveness of the server during peak hours."

Obvously, it's not the main reason for the update but they added in the stats fix....

hgplayer1

yeah I read that post that stooge is referring to and I thought maybe that was all the patch was gonna do but previous posts by the admin and answers to question regarding the end of game stats freeze suggest otherwise. still i dont blame you for any skepticism.

Top Bottom