• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega teases new game (Valkyria Chronicles 3??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiegel

1zo2h.jpg

http://code1935.jp/

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/01032935.html

-Winnie-

Well it certainly looks like Valkyria Chronicles.
VC3 on PS3 would make me happy. :3

But it does seem a little soon for a sequel. Maybe it's another anime adaptation.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
1935... Isn't that the year of VC1? So I'm guessing it's a direct sequel to VC1? Could be a prequel too though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
duckroll said:
Right, and Valkyria 2 takes place in 1937. So why reference 1935 again?

Maybe a prequel before the events of VC1 which happened at the same year or a sequel to VC1 that occurred at the same year.

Tell the whole story again from another character's perspective!

Hey, it worked for Robert Jordan!

it did not work for robert jordan

Spiegel

I think this will obviously be for PS3 and maaaaybe 360. They probably had part of the team working on the game while the other part was making VC2.

I don't expect them to announce a psp sequel this soon (or ever because psp will not live beyond 2011)

Mechar

Neo Member
I'm really glad that SEGA are continuing supporting the Valkyria Chronicles-franschise, and that it's selling.

duckroll

I don't see how "direct sequel" makes sense since nothing happens after VC1. That's the entire reason why half of VC2 is school life stuff, because NOTHING IS HAPPENING EVEN 2 YEARS LATER.

I'm not sure if prequel makes much sense either, since it would be kinda dumb to go backwards in terms of tech and weaponry. Why give the player less options in the next game? Also, I'm not even sure there's an interesting story to tell before VC1.

Giolon

duckroll said:
I don't see how "direct sequel" makes sense since nothing happens after VC1. That's the entire reason why half of VC2 is school life stuff, because NOTHING IS HAPPENING EVEN 2 YEARS LATER.

I'm not sure if prequel makes much sense either, since it would be kinda dumb to go backwards in terms of tech and weaponry. Why give the player less options in the next game? Also, I'm not even sure there's an interesting story to tell before VC1.

I think Europan War I has great story potential. We know Welkin and Isara's fathers were in it, and Theimer invented the Edelweiss and that's about it. I'm sure they could come up with something fun for gameplay too. Maybe naval battles.

If this is VC3, probably want. I'm not digging VC2s shitty generic animu vibe though. I had tried to keep optimistic...at least its gameplay is still good.

Edit: Oh, Varrot was a sniper and Largo was there too! How could I forget!

Larsen B

duckroll said:

An alternate reality where Albert Einstein goes back in time to assassinate Maximillian before the invasion of Gallia but inadvertently causes the Empire to take over the whole of Europa.

Pooya

duckroll said:

Looking at the site, it's like some documentary video with top secret on it, maybe someone is revisiting the same story in VC1 from the another point of view?

V_Arnold

duckroll said:

There have been plenty of games where going back a year would not mean the tech is "backscaled", even if there has beeen huge discoveries in the next years. So that means nothing.

duckroll

Larsen B said:
An alternate reality where Albert Einstein goes back in time to assassinate Maximillian before the invasion of Gallia but inadvertently causes the Empire to take over the whole of Europa.

Valkyria Chronicles 3: Red Alert.

I like it.

mclem

miladesn said:
Looking at the site, it's like some documentary video with top secret on it, maybe someone is revisiting the same story in VC1 from the another point of view?

Stealth action game where you play Irene Ellet doing some investigative journalism into corruption in the Gallian military forces!

Hydrargyrus

VC3 for PS3 pleaseeeeeeee!!!!!

If it would be for PS3 (again)... this would be fu**ing awesome.
VC1 is one of my favourite games

Please 360 or PS3. I'm so hyped. You can see the guy with the big shield and the sword in the pic, I guess we will have the new classes from VC2.

Ikkarus

Giolon said:
I think Europan War I has great story potential. We know Welkin and Isara's fathers were in it, and Theimer invented the Edelweiss and that's about it. I'm sure they could come up with something fun for gameplay too. Maybe naval battles.

If this is VC3, probably want. I'm not digging VC2s shitty generic animu vibe though. I had tried to keep optimistic...at least its gameplay is still good.

Edit: Oh, Varrot was a sniper and Largo was there too! How could I forget!
Don't forget Catherine too. She had references to being in the first Europan war as a sniper.

I would like VC3 to be on the PS3, only really only for the smaller things like full voicing on the squad, multiple language support. Sure better graphics too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom