• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA teases new project on Japanese site : "Project Ringo"

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2ujtppy.jpg

First I was like . . "What? Mickey Mouse? Damn it . . .". Than I was like " Ewww, that hair thing might make it like stupid .. . ". Than I was like " Ohh, it's a lil girl . . . thats interesting. Never played a good plateformer with a lil girl character o_O".

Interesting.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Project apple? Wonder what it could be.

Edit: Probably an iPhone game with a name like that.

"Ringo" = "Apple", by the way. Nothing to do with Ringo Starr, unfortunately :lol .
Nirolak said:
Is that Javascript box supposed to be there or is that just because I'm using Firefox?
Looks like you are supposed to put that on your blog, or something.

Jonnyram

I may be jumping to conclusions, but looks like a platform game where you throw an apple to knock out your enemies. Errr.

Sciz

Stormbringer said:
Seems to point to an announcement on February 24th . First thing I thought of was that Naka's Mascot Game people have been talking about, but it can't be right...Can it ?
I'd be surprised. One of the action games he had in development was canceled, and the other one has apparently only been worked on for a couple months.

Forkball

Ringo... some of those letters are in orange:

ORaNGe

So that the rest of the letters are I and AE

I... Ipod... APPLE

AE... EA

The Dreamcast logo was orange.

DREAMCAST 2 A JOINT PRODUCTION WITH APPLE AND EXCLUSIVE EA GAMES

lupinko

Stormbringer said:
"Ringo" = "Apple", by the way. Nothing to do with Ringo Starr, unfortunately :lol .

LIES, you will not forsake me my chance at a game featuring the ORIGINAL Mr. Conductor!!!

White Man

A tease for the 09/09/09 release of their new hardware. "Ringo" is obviously indicating that the Ringo of gaming hardware is returning.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Akai said:
Interesting...A few math equations pop up if you leave it alone...

Square root of 61009...
2^8-3^2...
428-181...

All 247...

247 = 24/7 = 24 hours a day 7 days a week = some kind of persistant world server type thingy probably.

Nirolak said:
Is that Javascript box supposed to be there or is that just because I'm using Firefox?
It's there for people who want to embed it into a blog post or something. Just copy/paste it and you're good to go.

Mik2121

It's like Japanese companies JUST learned how to tease around with their new games and they all are doing it even if it's just completely lame and meaningless :lol :lol

Man, it's so embarrassing sometimes :(

Mik2121

Akai said:
Interesting...A few math equations pop up if you leave it alone...

Square root of 61009...
2^8-3^2...
428-181...

All 247...
I dunno where did you take that 61009 from, but it would only make sense to be read as 6th of October 2009...

edit- Sorry for the double post

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
doomed1 said:
awesome. would buy day one. :lol

anyway, curious to see what this is all about. all things considered, it's either a DS game or a Wii game...

The color (gray over white) is more reminiscent of an iPod than a Wii to me.

Yes, I know Wii's logo is gray over white too, but Apple used it first.

Pachael

I get it! It's really Sonic, and he collects rings like in Unleashed in the day, but the new trick is that he turns into a girl at night and throws apples to defeat enemies

Ohyeah

Haunted

Pachael said:
I get it! It's really Sonic, and he collects rings like in Unleashed in the day, but the new trick is that he turns into a girl at night and throws apples to defeat enemies

Ohyeah
:lol :lol Sonic Team would be proud.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Black-Wind said:
First I was like . . "What? Mickey Mouse? Damn it . . .". Than I was like " Ewww, that hair thing might make it like stupid .. . ". Than I was like " Ohh, it's a lil girl . . . thats interesting. Never played a good plateformer with a lil girl character o_O".

Interesting.

Try Umihara Kawase. Great platformer with a little girl character.

Top Bottom