• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Thanks Player For Reporting They Could See Panties In Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix Switch

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sega licenses the IP and doesn't own it
It allows the original company to maintain control of the content
Easier to control what merchandise also gets made for it as well; and well, Hatsune is a HUGE fucking thing in Japan
Skrilla still dominates any business, even if they want to try to hide as much of it as they can with good PR and "traditional company values."
My point was that it is just a port. Half of the modules are far worse than a panty shot. So I don't get the pixalations.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
My point was that it is just a port. Half of the modules are far worse than a panty shot. So I don't get the pixalations.
Ah, sorry about that
Yeah, sometimes ports don't play nice on certain systems, or a bug/exploit you patched up there is now present on the other system

If anything it's not in the other games and something about how the Switch is doing physics is causing the weirdness with the skirt. I'd imagine something with gyroscope input or something

Let the modders mod and do dumb shit; don't do it yourself though, nawh-what-i-mean?

DarkestHour

Banned
People reported that? Lol

n20lRNM.png

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, sorry about that
Yeah, sometimes ports don't play nice on certain systems, or a bug/exploit you patched up there is now present on the other system

If anything it's not in the other games and something about how the Switch is doing physics is causing the weirdness with the skirt. I'd imagine something with gyroscope input or something

Let the modders mod and do dumb shit; don't do it yourself though, nawh-what-i-mean?
I figured people are gonna be pissed a series they have played for a decade will have random pixelization more than anything. Also what is the point in patching it? This game will have no dlc so unless the japanese people care about scores there is zero incentive to patching it. Weird how the switch "physics" work too...

Xanine

Neo Member
Wait, what do you mean you don’t get the pixelations? I thought those were done by whoever took the photo/wrote the article. I don’t think they are part of the game. From the sounds of it, they are fixing the problem next patch which I assume is fixing the physics to be like the other games.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what do you mean you don’t get the pixelations? I thought those were done by whoever took the photo/wrote the article. I don’t think they are part of the game.
I thought that was the patch myself.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I figured people are gonna be pissed a series they have played for a decade will have random pixelization more than anything. Also what is the point in patching it? This game will have no dlc so unless the japanese people care about scores there is zero incentive to patching it. Weird how the switch "physics" work too...
Well that's the trade off for putting it on a mobile platform like a Switch
I mean, game breaking or contract breaking things happening with your software is a very good reason to patch stuff...
Well, processors also can do some weird things to code sets; porting something isn't as easy as getting the license from the hardware manufacturer and changing a few lines of code
A call can work completely different on one system to another, and if the call doesn't play correctly you have to go in and fix it

I'm not a dev for the Switch by any means, but if it WAS an easy port for them, I'd imagine it'd had something to do with how the gyro handlers work in junction with the software; if not prolly something with how the game engine/hardware/OS handles calculations or the calls

Xanine

Neo Member
I thought that was the patch myself.

Ah.

This game will have no dlc so unless the japanese people care about scores there is zero incentive to patching it.
Off-tangent, but they announced a season pass for the game on release. I don’t remember how many dlc packs will be in the game, but I don’t think they’re going to be new songs. More than likely they are going to be some of the missing 100 or so songs that were originally in Future Tone but were gutted out of of Mega39s.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Off-tangent, but they announced a season pass for the game on release. I don’t remember how many dlc packs will be in the game, but I don’t think they’re going to be new songs. More than likely they are going to be some of the missing 100 or so songs that were originally in Future Tone but were gutted out of of Mega39s.
That's playing a premium right there. You can usually buy FT on sale for 34 bucks.

YukiOnna

I don't get this. There are plenty of modules of her in bikinis and shit. (too many IMO yet very little of Meiko you know the one that isn't flat) Or sexually suggestive lyrics. This game is a port of Future Tone but with half the songs and a filter of some kind either way so ??? Also she is a fucking program. Literally. Sega what the hell this looks worse than before!
916ac3a86e8f5067fc98e69bb64dae1db340d997_hq.jpg

Hatsune Sticku
Apparently only shimapan and pearl white count as suggestive.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Utterly perplexed no one decided to complain about these or Kaito's speedo
These have been in the last 4 games or so. But no no pantsu!

Here's a song about abortion with lots of dancing. I swear I don't get companies and what they deem inappropriate.

I have some miku games on ps3 (diva e diva 2) and have no panties showing...

Maybe Sega not "woke" yet, and that censoring it's specific for this game.

Xanine

Neo Member
I have some miku games on ps3 (diva e diva 2) and have no panties showing...

Maybe Sega not "woke" yet, and that censoring it's specific for this game.
What censoring? It seems like they are trying to fix the physics that they didn't intend to have when porting.

A comparison between the Mega39s Switch version from the OP and the Future Tone PS4 version.

0nhh74l.jpg

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Clothes barely moved on the ps4 version. This seems more like an addition rather than physics. (outside the filter they use on a few songs being implemented in all the tracks of the Switch version)

Wonko_C

Sega just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about pantsu culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by twerking vulgarly. If you flash your pantsu over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is by blushing and yelling "kyaa!".

Dunno if this is a case of SJW censorship at work tbh; the pictures look like it was a graphical glitch that never got patched. SFV had the same thing recently with Poison and her whip being placed in a...uhm...well, very "interesting" location x3 (T-POWAHHH!!!)

If it were more like what's going on with DOA6 and that costume transformation censorship, tho, then yeah, you could blame it on SJW shenanigans.

Wonko_C

Dunno if this is a case of SJW censorship at work tbh; the pictures look like it was a graphical glitch that never got patched. SFV had the same thing recently with Poison and her whip being placed in a...uhm...well, very "interesting" location x3 (T-POWAHHH!!!)

If it were more like what's going on with DOA6 and that costume transformation censorship, tho, then yeah, you could blame it on SJW shenanigans.
Yes it was a glitch, the user didn't report it because it was lewd or something, but because the cloth physics acting weird. This game lifts assets entirely from the Arcade/PS3/PS4 versions and those don't behave like that.

Last edited:
Thanks, zoomers.

Thank Danmark instead.

The reason they censor these upskirt shots is that they banned Dead or Alive on the 3DS there because it had a mode where you could pan the camera to see the girl's underwear and they apparantly considered that pedophillia. I only started seeing shit like this afterwards, hence the connection.

2005_blog.jpg

Top Bottom