• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Vintage Collections: Streets of Rages and Golden Axes Confirmed

Rlan

boxartlg.jpg
boxartlg.jpg

Grab your axe, swords, and mythic steeds to fight against evil in all three classic Golden Axe entries! Originally released for the Sega Genesis, the classic fantasy brawler series has now been updated for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade! Earn all new achievements, take on challenging new game trials, compete with others players across Xbox LIVE Leaderboards, and take on the forces of evil with a friend in two player local and online co-op!

ONLINE FEATURES

Online multiplayer 2
Online co-op 2
Leaderboards
Voice chat

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg9.jpg

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/SVC-Golden-Axe/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b6f

No Death Adder, unfortunately.

boxartlg.jpg
boxartlg.jpg

Join Axel, Blaze, and company as they battle the evil Mr. X across all three Streets of Rage games. Originally released for the Sega Genesis, the classic brawler series has now been updated for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade! Earn all new achievements, take on challenging new game trials, compete with others players across Xbox LIVE Leaderboards, and clean up the streets with a friend in two player local and online co-op!

ONLINE FEATURES

Online multiplayer 1 - 2
Online co-op 1 - 2
Leaderboards
Voice chat

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg8.jpg

screenlg11.jpg

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/SVC-Streets-of-Rage/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b71

So I'm going to assume the original games are going to drop off the Xbox Live Arcade and replaced with these collections. Also made by M2, so the emulation should be awesome.

And once again, Japan gets way, way better box arts.

Thanks to https://twitter.com/#!/lifelower for the links.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
a little bit of blood rushed to my penis as I read Streets of Rage and saw the screens....

Oh streets of rage, how I love you.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm guessing these will come out on PSN as separate titles.

It'll be weird though if it does since there's already a Streets of Rage II and Golden Axe standalone game on PSN.

@MUWANdo

Banned
When does that WonderBoy SVC drop?

I thought it was coming this week, wasn't it?

There's an Alex Kidd collection coming too, although it's not very Kidd-y:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)
Super Hang-On (arcade)
Revenge of Shinobi (Mega Drive)

Tizoc

That's great. I already own the Genesis Collection on PS3, but might get these better ports eventualy.
...but just what was bad about the backhone ports? I've played the games on them a couple of times and haven't noticed any audio problems...

Rlan

Technically Sega hasn't even discussed these packs at all. They spoke of these games as separate stuff that'll eventually release over a year ago, and these packs have only really been known via these Marketplace leaks and Sega Japan (of all places: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/3...aster-system-classics-coming-to-psn-and-xbla/)

I want these to be real still:

mickeycollection.png
donaldcollection.png

Hopefully with the Power of Illusion game out on 3DS Sega and Disney can come together on something :)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

No idea. Haven't even seen any official American announcement of these series yet.

---

So, all 3 SoR and GA games are on the Sega Genesis Collection game that came out years back. So here, we get better emulation, online play, more achievements / trophies, and... I guess that's everything!

GA III didn't have many english translations before these collections (only on the Sega Channel in the past?), so it's fresher.

But man, WHY NO REVENGE OF DEATH ADDER?!? Why no SORRemake tribute within SOR? You'd think with established, legal ways to already get these games on the same consoles, that they'd do something more to make people who already have these games want to buy them again... "M2 emulation, not Backbone!" doesn't really work to get a mass of people to buy old games again...

That's great. I already own the Genesis Collection on PS3, but might get these better ports eventualy.
...but just what was bad about the backhone ports? I've played the games on them a couple of times and haven't noticed any audio problems...

Well, aside from possible audio issues, the online wasn't very good on those XBLA ports, and they totally cut out the abilities to seethe intros and such full-screen, forcing them to a mini window. On the Sega Genesis Collection... I thought they were all pretty good. It's great to have all the Shining Genesis games & Phantasy Star Games on one disk, all the SoRs, all the Golden Axes... even stuff like Golden Axe Warrior and Phantasy Star 1 (both Master System), thanks to locked extras. And Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine! (Still have fun playing that every once in a while...)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope we get a Phantasy Star Collection too. Can't wait to get all the trophies for PSIV.

Tain

Man. I might just get all of these. No Death Adder is absurd, though. And they better have the arcade flavors GA and SoR2.

And don't expect PC releases of M2 collections.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So, all 3 SoR and GA games are on the Sega Genesis Collection game that came out years back. So here, we get better emulation, online play, more achievements / trophies, and... I guess that's everything!

There's also replay saving/sharing, a jukebox and some other minor stuff.

EDIT: oh yeah, Super Hang-On will support stereoscopic 3D, too.

Amagon

Why would you release a Golden Axe collection, out of all these years, and still not include Death Adder???

/smh

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
There's also replay saving/sharing, a jukebox and some other minor stuff.

Yeah, it'll be appreciated too, I just can't think of many times where I've seen the same games released on disk, on Live, and AGAIN on Live, in any way.

Wonder if the Jukebox here will be much better than the sound test?

Haven't heard much about the replay sharing (wonder if it'll be like other small JP developers, who only cache the top 100 / 10 replays on leaderboards, or something of the sort), but that'll be really nice for speed run watching, I guess.

I'm happy to see these coming (And will probably buy them all...), just sad some of the retreads didn't make room for entirely fresh(-er?) experiences.

Goddamn what is the beef against Revenge of Death Adder Sega?

At least tell me I can finally get fucking Bare Knuckle 3(In the US). Don't let me down here M2.

Otherwise good collections.

I'm guessing they can't be arsed going to all the effort of writing a new emulator for one game that isn't particularly popular.

Pretty sure enough material could be mined off the System32 hardware to produce a decent compilation.
RODA, Outrunners, and Radmobile. Call it the racing & stabbing set for all I care.

Besides. M2 ported Galaxy Force 2. It wouldn't be a huge stretch.

kuYuri

Pardon my ignorance, I know the Sega Ages tend to be awesome ports, but are they basically just rereleasing SoR2 and Golden Axe for XBLA/PSN again?

boo, I already bought streets of rage II for xbla when it first came out. also, it better be a translated version of bare knuckle 3 with the content that was cut from the NA version..

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Pardon my ignorance, I know the Sega Ages tend to be awesome ports, but are they basically just rereleasing SoR2 and Golden Axe for XBLA/PSN again?

With 2 other games, new achievements, and basically better everything along with it... yeah.

I find it kinda odd too, as noted above, lol. GA XBLA is one of my few 200 GS arcade games, so I dunno if I look forward to pushing through it again, lol. (Naaa, I really don't mind...)

I guess these 2 should have 400 GS? If they don't hurry up, the previously announced ones would need to have them, too. Would be good for 3 game collections, though.

boo, I already bought streets of rage II for xbla when it first came out. also, it better be a translated version of bare knuckle 3 with the content that was cut from the NA version..

I doubt they'd re-add the content, but maybe they'd let the players have access to the US and JP versions of each ROM? Would be a very nice bonus.

celebi23

FUCK YES! I lost my copy of Streets of Rage 2 years ago when my family moved. Should be awesome to finally play this game again. Any word on a release date?

Although Wonderboy had the feature of a translated Monsterworld IV. These ports are just retreading old ground. I already have arcade Golden Axe and SOR II on XBLA which are the best 2 games in these collections.

No chance of giving Golden Axe fans something they have not had before in a home port of Revenge of Death Adder? Missed opportunity.

Technically Sega hasn't even discussed these packs at all. They spoke of these games as separate stuff that'll eventually release over a year ago, and these packs have only really been known via these Marketplace leaks and Sega Japan (of all places: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/3...aster-system-classics-coming-to-psn-and-xbla/)

mickeycollection.png
donaldcollection.png

Hopefully with the Power of Illusion game out on 3DS Sega and Disney can come together on something :)

What the fuck? Are those leaked from somewhere, or they just mock-ups wishfully made by somebody? I'd be ecstatic if those were in the pipeline.

god i hope this pans out, day 1 for both. and Wonder Boy this week? i need to get a point card.

passing on Golden Axe, as i was never really a fan and own them on too many formats as it (3 sucked hard), will prolly grab SOR even though it's not likely to top the fan remix, heh. i ♥ yuzo koshiro.

Wonder Boy is out this week?

Sojgat

mickeycollection.png
donaldcollection.png

These should be real, I would buy them both.

Umm...I already have all of the Golden Axes and Streets of Rages......Genesis collection, individual games on X360 and PSN.....

Watch me buy them again for some odd reason......

Having Bare Knuckle 3 would be great since it was the better version IMO, but I doubt that will happen.

Hey Sega!!! How about releasing a new Streets of Ra.......No, never mind. What's the use.....

Top Bottom