• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Vintage Collections: Streets of Rages and Golden Axes Confirmed

Tain

Does anyone else find this kind of insulting? These ARE great games but Sega has been milking the Genesis/MD for decades now while the Saturn, Dreamcast, and Model 2/3 arcade titles are generally ignored (with a few exceptions).

I realize that emulating a Genesis game is trivial at this point but I've grown tired of this milking.

It can and should be Revenge of Death Adder, Model 2 and 3 ports, and so on. Priority should be on arcade stuff (Saturn/Dreamcast be damned, honestly). I'm not one to skip out on something that I still want, though, lazy or not.

Psxphile

I hope we get a Phantasy Star Collection too. Can't wait to get all the trophies for PSIV.

Would be especially nice if they released the Sega Ages versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pzKffk3SnY&feature=relmfu

Sega Ages versions *would* be nice if a Phantasy Star collection was produced... but aren't they still locked to some no-name company? And there was never one made for PSIV (not that it needed it). I'd be happy if they just tweaked the horrible grind of classic PSII. Oh, and improved the translations all around.

Pyrrhus

Between all the Sega Genesis compilations and stand alone releases of these games, I can't muster much enthusiasm for these two collections.

Does anyone else find this kind of insulting? These ARE great games but Sega has been milking the Genesis/MD for decades now while the Saturn, Dreamcast, and Model 2/3 arcade titles are generally ignored (with a few exceptions).

I realize that emulating a Genesis game is trivial at this point but I've grown tired of this milking.

Yes. Dreamcast titles have a pretty good history of been ported. I think there's very few titles of note that haven't now. Saturn has been criminally ignored however.

I feel this way. There is so much arcade back catalog that is unported. But I guess this is easier money for them. I guess that is the way it is.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I feel this way. There is so much arcade back catalog that is unported. But I guess this is easier money for them. I guess that is the way it is.
If they could create some sort of system for porting/emulating Model 2 and 3 games it seems like a great way to go. Would love to see a Sega Arcade Collection of some sort.

mock-ups.

...yeah.

Heartbreaking. As soon as I saw those Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck artworks, my heart skipped a beat, as I thought they were real. World of Illusion and Quackshot are two of my favourite Mega Drive/Genesis games. Having them on the 360, with achievements and online multiplayer (in the case of World of Illusion) would be incredible.

Even the Backbone created Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is pretty good.

The lack of Sonic & Knuckles connectivity was a dealbreaker for me. The Sonic games are the highlight of that collection, and to omit such an important feature is inexcuseable.

I won't deny that if you aren't getting it for the Sonic games, it's a good compilation though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Capcom, where's my damn high quality D&D collection? Do it like Final Fight: Double Impact with fake cabinets and everything. That D&D licence can't be THAT costly these days.

Agreed. I honestly thought these were just the same ports that have already been released on the Sonic Ultimate Collection.

I would really like to see how this old Genesis stuff sales compared to something like Daytona USA.

It can and should be Revenge of Death Adder, Model 2 and 3 ports, and so on. Priority should be on arcade stuff (Saturn/Dreamcast be damned, honestly). I'm not one to skip out on something that I still want, though, lazy or not.
Really, though, M2 needs to hit the big time and port Cool Riders to XBLA/PSN as soon as possible. That's the most interesting example of a game that should have never done as poorly as it did, given how much effort and production quality was put into the game itself.

No idea. Haven't even seen any official American announcement of these series yet.

---

So, all 3 SoR and GA games are on the Sega Genesis Collection game that came out years back. So here, we get better emulation, online play, more achievements / trophies, and... I guess that's everything!

GA III didn't have many english translations before these collections (only on the Sega Channel in the past?), so it's fresher.

But man, WHY NO REVENGE OF DEATH ADDER?!? Why no SORRemake tribute within SOR? You'd think with established, legal ways to already get these games on the same consoles, that they'd do something more to make people who already have these games want to buy them again... "M2 emulation, not Backbone!" doesn't really work to get a mass of people to buy old games again...
Yeah, this is cool, I guess, but what's really needed is a Revenge of Death Adder home port! Why has there still never been one, Sega... :(

Top Bottom