• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice | OT | Borne of Souls

wzy

What's so hard about that boss?

This is fucking abysmal. I've been thinking lately about how we'll just never, ever have good strategy guides again because the people who are actually good at the game and good at making guides just have no way to survive the search ranking process. No wonder so many people are getting bitchslapped by this game.

tassletine

Anyone read the Edge review? They really criticise it, and even say they don’t even know what to think of it, as they are conflicted, but they still give it a 9. It’s a bit odd. Almost like they are scared of marking it down.

royox

This is fucking abysmal. I've been thinking lately about how we'll just never, ever have good strategy guides again because the people who are actually good at the game and good at making guides just have no way to survive the search ranking process. No wonder so many people are getting bitchslapped by this game.

You should REALLY watch some of this guy's guides. He's so damn fun and even his playthroughts are fun as hell. I'm not into the "watching other people playing" thing but man with this game some youtubers are shining like stars.

xviper

if i killed the final boss will i be able to go back and continue my playthrough like in DS2/3 ? or will i be automatically starting NG+ ?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
if i killed the final boss will i be able to go back and continue my playthrough like in DS2/3 ? or will i be automatically starting NG+ ?
The game will ask you if want continue 2nd playthrough, if you say no then you can freely continue playing and if you start your NG+ then menu is there in Idol.

Last edited:

kiiltz

What's so hard about that boss?
He's dead easy imo. Took me two/three and that's mostly because I didn't expect the second phase.

It hits extremely hard and is scary to approach the first time.
True but his moves are extremely easy to read and way more punishable than the other bosses. The hardest part for me was the second phase of the second fight where he drops another fucking ape.

To me none bosses never felt unfair or cheap, there always right tactics and tool to help you beat the bosses.

The bull. Not necessarily unfair but definitely cheap which I'm guessing is why they patched him.

Last edited:

wzy

You should REALLY watch some of this guy's guides. He's so damn fun and even his playthroughts are fun as hell. I'm not into the "watching other people playing" thing but man with this game some youtubers are shining like stars.

Yeah. He's obviously put some effort in and he's funny, which I like. And this is a good cheese strat because it's super easy to reproduce. But he's buried, right? Like I'm sure he's not hurting but, objectively, this kind of video belongs closer to the top.

The main problem with his strategy is that it took longer than five minutes to figure out on a game he probably didn't own before everyone else. I searched for "Snake Eyes Shirahagi" and the first three videos are near worthless. Fextralife dominates the rankings for pretty much every video of this kind and their guides are astoundingly bad. And they all have the same thing in common: posted one month ago. There's not a good solution to this problem, obviously, but it's depressing. At least in the days of GameFAQs it took so much effort to make a strategy guide that only the purest spergs even bothered, and they risked getting owned on the message boards if they got something wrong.

For Sekiro specifically I genuinely have to wonder how this impacted the general player experience. Hard not to notice that a lot of people were advised to sprint around uselessly against early bosses and hit game-ending walls on the later ones.

Last edited:

Mexen

Finally got my copy. Game is beautiful. I will be back here once I finish it to share my thoughts and read yours!

Ok, after Corrupted Monk fell unexpectedly easily, Divine Dragon died expectedly easily and Demon was... not as hard as I expected, I'm having my ass beaten by the last boss.

Genichiro goes down relatively easily, in an "all or nothing" fight where one of us dies within 10 secs. After him, I've been beating phase 1 consistently by running around like a headless chicken and attacking after he does either the sidestep-three-hit-combo or the Ashina Cross. It's slow but it works.

But then phase 2 comes and he wrecks me. Running like a chicken no longer works as well because he becomes really aggressive, and the deflect timing is way strange - his attacks are slow but have a giant reach and his overhead jump seems to change directions at the last second so the dodge doesn't really work. I do not have the skill to attack with the umbrella , so if I try to block he overpowers me.

How did you do it?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Isshin fight was tough but for the 2nd phase with the spear you can get a lot of hits by baiting his jump attack and dodge rolling to the right and hitting him with a combat art when his attack wiffs the air. Many of his attacks can be blocked or deflected in this phase just keep mashing LB

Third phase is the lightning phase. Just stay in range and jump when he’s doing the lightning attack and RB in mid air.

Good luck! You can do it!

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I got the Platinum and the true ending. It sold well so it'll get a sequel, this is Miyazaki's narrative series since it's more straight forward.

xviper

Finished the game

i hope Fromsoftware play the previous soulsborne games and then play Sekiro and understand what went wrong, and yes, Sekiro is yet another souls game, don't bullshit me.

so many flaws in this game i can't believe it's from the same devs who gave us the previous games.

first of all, the enemy variety, it's pretty much like Nioh, they all fight and look the same.

now the bosses, woah boy, and i used to think Dark souls 3 had a horrible set of bosses, and now compared to Sekiro, DS3 is a masterpiece, what a disgrace, the bosses are mostly the same, no variety at all, whether it's a main boss or a mini-boss, disgusting, and you kill them the same way, Posture, which takes us to another point that i think is a major problem with this game.

Posture pretty much ruined the entire game, instead of taking your time with a boss and enjoying the fight, now every boss and enemy is like a time rush, you have to fill the posture gap before it goes back, and you do that by not letting your enemy rest, you don't fight to drain the enemy's health, you fight until he is tried

The enemies mostly don't react to your attacks unlike in Bloodborne, where when you hit an enemy you see a reaction from them. In Sekiro, you either see no reaction or you get a deflection, which is another major problem.

The deflection system fucked up the entire game, you are no longer able to hit at any time and any place you want, there is a small window for attacking the enemy's health, along with the garbage posture system, you now attack the posture, health is just there for missing you up

Now the difficulty, i always find rant about soulsborne games being difficult is ridiculous, once you understand them you can go through them without trouble, but Sekiro is actually a difficult game, whether you understand it or not, it's still gonna give you a hard time, a lot of the bosses and enemies require a lot of focus, patience, fast reaction and skill. Fromsoftware raised the difficulty a bit too much, the game is not accessable to the average gamer.

Now that i have finished the game, there is no reason for me to play it again or go back and collect what i have missed, there is only 1 weapon, no armors, and most importantly, no multiplayer, so there is zero reason for me to play the game again.

Gameplay is good, for a short while, then it's the same since there is no variety of weapons, Bloodborne still has the best and most satisfying melee combat ever made.

there are more problems with this game but if i keep talking about them i'll never finish.

i hope Fromsoftware ignore this title and never look back again, if they want to make something new, then actually make something new instead of making Demon's souls 6 but with big changes to it's mechanics, they either go back and continue making souls games the way they should be made (Demon's, Dark 1 and Blood) or they make something entirely different.

my score is 7\10, i'm very disappointed, 3 years and this is what we get ?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I dunno this game felt very new to me. Not really buying the “lack of variety” complaints as I only ever used one or two weapons in these games anyways. Combat arts and prosthetics present tons of ways to change up combat.

The “too difficult” complaints similarly, kinda pointless, do people actually want these games to be easier? Lol no thanks. They have pulled off magic by making it more difficult but also more fair, NG+ in this is far easier than any of the Souls games where I get stuck on the same problem areas each time. Yes the deflect is “fucked” if you suck at timing but if you suck as dodge rolling in any of the other games you get hit, you can’t blame the game when it’s your own fault.

Here’s hoping they make a sequel to this cos it’s the most refined combat based game yet. Combat is opened up, traversal is opened up, consumables are more available and useful than ever. Love all the changes. Here’s hoping Sekiro gets a sequel

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I think it's good personally, there's some unfair moments and some enemies get me frustrated but you can beat this game in an hour If you know what you're doing. The amount of sub weapons you have make up for having only one weapon, it adds to the amount of ways to approach an enemy with different strats. I mean yeah, the combat is 70% blocking/parrying, you just need patience and to learn to see the frames.

It's not as "big" or as "epic" as Dark Souls 3 but it's not a fucking straight line and it's a very open game on NG+ you have more variety on what order to do things and it makes the game more interesting.

Humanoid bosses are better btw, it's so satisfying to counter them attacks and catch them off guard with the sword fights. Fighting the Demon of Hatred is cool and all but I'm just beating on it rather than actually playing the long game of whittling his posture down.

Also it has the most endings so far from Miyazaki and besides Bloodborne the most interesting since the endings to the Souls games is just We Wuz Flames.

Cool game though.

tassletine

Finished the game

i hope Fromsoftware play the previous soulsborne games and then play Sekiro and understand what went wrong, and yes, Sekiro is yet another souls game, don't bullshit me.

so many flaws in this game i can't believe it's from the same devs who gave us the previous games.

first of all, the enemy variety, it's pretty much like Nioh, they all fight and look the same.

now the bosses, woah boy, and i used to think Dark souls 3 had a horrible set of bosses, and now compared to Sekiro, DS3 is a masterpiece, what a disgrace, the bosses are mostly the same, no variety at all, whether it's a main boss or a mini-boss, disgusting, and you kill them the same way, Posture, which takes us to another point that i think is a major problem with this game.

Posture pretty much ruined the entire game, instead of taking your time with a boss and enjoying the fight, now every boss and enemy is like a time rush, you have to fill the posture gap before it goes back, and you do that by not letting your enemy rest, you don't fight to drain the enemy's health, you fight until he is tried

The enemies mostly don't react to your attacks unlike in Bloodborne, where when you hit an enemy you see a reaction from them. In Sekiro, you either see no reaction or you get a deflection, which is another major problem.

The deflection system fucked up the entire game, you are no longer able to hit at any time and any place you want, there is a small window for attacking the enemy's health, along with the garbage posture system, you now attack the posture, health is just there for missing you up

Now the difficulty, i always find rant about soulsborne games being difficult is ridiculous, once you understand them you can go through them without trouble, but Sekiro is actually a difficult game, whether you understand it or not, it's still gonna give you a hard time, a lot of the bosses and enemies require a lot of focus, patience, fast reaction and skill. Fromsoftware raised the difficulty a bit too much, the game is not accessable to the average gamer.

Now that i have finished the game, there is no reason for me to play it again or go back and collect what i have missed, there is only 1 weapon, no armors, and most importantly, no multiplayer, so there is zero reason for me to play the game again.

Gameplay is good, for a short while, then it's the same since there is no variety of weapons, Bloodborne still has the best and most satisfying melee combat ever made.

there are more problems with this game but if i keep talking about them i'll never finish.

i hope Fromsoftware ignore this title and never look back again, if they want to make something new, then actually make something new instead of making Demon's souls 6 but with big changes to it's mechanics, they either go back and continue making souls games the way they should be made (Demon's, Dark 1 and Blood) or they make something entirely different.

my score is 7\10, i'm very disappointed, 3 years and this is what we get ?

I think you’re being too harsh but I’d also rate it 7/10

It feels rushed and it’s lack of consistency is bothersome. The bosses give me a similar thrill to Punch Out but I’d rather play that as I can get into the zone quicker. I love the level design but once you’ve been through them they fall flat. The various systems the game employs have almost zero effect. The story breaks regularly. It’s kind of a mess.
Most From games have loose ends but this feels like it needed at least three months work just to tie it together.

The worst thing I can say about it is that it wasted my time. Far too many repetitive bosses and padded battles. I can’t beleive that these tropes, that were universally criticised for years are now being held up as something special. I’ve actually been put off buying From games after this purely because of the time it demanded. From have made lightening quick game that advances at a snail’s pace. That is a very aquired taste and doesn’t feel good to me. I like getting into the zone and constantly being bitchslapped back from that was annoying.

The best thing I can say is that the story and art are as great and the swordplay is good. The last 3rd of the game is superb.

Dante83

Banned
This game is pretty good to me. I like the new system. If they were to make it like dark souls, people would still find ways to complain and say that this is just a copy and paste job with a new environment. They did try some new things to make it stand apart. I do agree that some parts of the game could be better optimised in terms of mini bosses and bosses. I found the posture mechanic to be well done to be honest.

Last edited:
Ok, after Corrupted Monk fell unexpectedly easily, Divine Dragon died expectedly easily and Demon was... not as hard as I expected, I'm having my ass beaten by the last boss.

Genichiro goes down relatively easily, in an "all or nothing" fight where one of us dies within 10 secs. After him, I've been beating phase 1 consistently by running around like a headless chicken and attacking after he does either the sidestep-three-hit-combo or the Ashina Cross. It's slow but it works.

But then phase 2 comes and he wrecks me. Running like a chicken no longer works as well because he becomes really aggressive, and the deflect timing is way strange - his attacks are slow but have a giant reach and his overhead jump seems to change directions at the last second so the dodge doesn't really work. I do not have the skill to attack with the umbrella , so if I try to block he overpowers me.

How did you do it?

Tip for the second/third fase:
Use the shield to block his 'spear-jump' attack, after that use projected force.
It will be slow if you do it like this, but it worked for me.
Good luck :)

Day 2

0aIfmCd.gif

Update: I was!!

sfCqdBt.png

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
finishing up NG++. at the DOH fight right now. this is my favorite fight in the game tho i skipped it during NG+. i was kind of surprised to run in and first see him fighting a handful of other people. are their soldiers on him when you first meet DOH in NG? maybe i forgot.

playing new game is lots of fun. you tear through normal enemies and can run straight to boss/mini bosses, skipping whatever you don't really need to do, and it is easy to get skill points just running through the game. im still a ways off from 100% so i plan on waiting til NG+++ for the high level grinding.

Last edited:

kiiltz

Humanoid bosses are better btw, it's so satisfying to counter them attacks and catch them off guard with the sword fights. Fighting the Demon of Hatred is cool and all but I'm just beating on it rather than actually playing the long game of whittling his posture down.
Yes, i found the humanoid battles to be much more satisfying.

Tbh I've never liked huge monstrous monster bosses. Hacking at their feet just takes me out of it ("oh look, I knicked you on the shin for the 1000th time, now fall to the ground in pain while I finish you off").

On the hand, the humanoid bosses felt much more engaging. Like I was actually fighting them rather than playing a game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Human fights are way easier to see what’s going on, where the hit boxes are, what the attacks are, etc. Don’t get me wrong I loved fighting giant abominations in Bloodborne but a lot of times my success felt like it depended more on how well I managed my health w the generous 20+ vials. In Sekiro it really feels like every battle is a duel and I love it

Danjin44

Human fights are way easier to see what’s going on, where the hit boxes are, what the attacks are, etc. Don’t get me wrong I loved fighting giant abominations in Bloodborne but a lot of times my success felt like it depended more on how well I managed my health w the generous 20+ vials. In Sekiro it really feels like every battle is a duel and I love it
And I think this why most people who are in to Souls games are not in to Sekiro. They want get stronger with RPG stats and having fully upgrade weapon and magic but in Sekiro for most part the only way to good at the game is to master the combat.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
And I think this why most people who are in to Souls games are not in to Sekiro. They want get stronger with RPG stats and having fully upgrade weapon and magic but in Sekiro for most part the only way to good at the game is to master the combat.

I actually see them separating themselves quite nicely. Sekiro didn't need to play like those games. We shouldn't have every game from FROM Software playing the exact same way. I don't think a modern day Tenchu would have vastly improved upon what it is at its core. You're given a precise amount of instruments to complete the game. You aren't given a plethora of weapons as say Ryu Hayabusa or Dante/Nero. I also see a lot of replay value to Sekiro. Even if you have the game completed/trophies achieved/etc. What happens when you have players who used every single tip to finish a fight? It almost sounds like it had players rush in, complete it, and now its just sits as another FROM Software game. Which I'm not trying to say that's a bad thing. I was doing the exact same thing, but I realize there's a ton of quality to these types of games. You aren't getting them annually either and the older Souls games are great to go back to.

Seeing all the exploits kinda sucks and the bad impressions some players have. I think it comes from a personal experience with the game. At first I'm taken in by this rich environment and in-depth combat. Then its over with and I see things I didn't see before. It takes a lot away from the initial experience I had with the game. I saw the glitch where the player was swimming in the air and it didn't look good. It actually made me feel like they should patch that out. Even if speed runs are a thing. Maybe its just me and I'm overthinking it. I honestly think Sekiro represents a better part of gaming. One that some developers try to achieve, but can never hit the mark.

Cactuarman

Banned

Most of your points I understand, even if I disagree. I personally love the game and find the combat extremely satisfying (currently NG++ going for Platinum).

One point I don't really understand is the bolded portion. I find that I'm able to take my time with pretty much all of the bosses. Much of the first portion of a battle is ignoring posture and slowly chipping away at their health until about 75%. That's when posture recovery starts to slow down. Then under 50% health you really don't need to worry much about them recovering posture (unless you really have to back off or something). I know there are some bosses where you may need to prioritize one over the other, but I pretty much always started with trying to get health down to about 75% before I even looked at the posture meter.

Obviously you finished the game so you're good, but saying that bosses were like a "time rush" raised a bit of a flag for me that maybe you made things harder for yourself by focusing entirely on posture.

Well finally got my Platinum. In the end I decided to save scum the shura ending and the return ending together. Sucks that I ended up missing One Mind skill, but I didn't want to do another NG+

But yeah, easily one of my favorite games in years.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

totally! i see a lot of people who say DS2 is their favorite for the build variety, and while i loathe that game personally, i can definitely see how it would offer people into that a lot of replay value. there are definitely people into From games that are there for the RPG stuff. i get it. different strokes for different folks. to me this game feels like a three way between NES Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, & Bionic Commando. i love the focused combat, how much it has opened up, with the addition of all these extra moves.

at any rate i don't find that stuff missing so much in Sekiro, since there are skill trees with new moves you unlock by leveling up, tons of sub weapons you can find throughout the world, all with up-gradable variations, and up-gradable health items, etc. things you find in the world. it still has quite a lot of those elements.

Last edited:

Danjin44

totally! i see a lot of people who say DS2 is their favorite for the build variety, and while i loathe that game personally, i can definitely see how it would offer people into that a lot of replay value. different strokes for different folks. to me this game feels like a three way between NES Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, & Bionic Commando. i love the focused combat, how much it has opened up, with the addition of all these extra moves.

at any rate i don't find that stuff missing so much in Sekiro, since there are skill trees with new moves you unlock by leveling up, tons of sub weapons you can find throughout the world, all with up-gradable variations, and up-gradable health items, etc. things you find in the world. it still has quite a lot of those elements.
Sekiro might not have weapon variety like other Souls games but mastering the combat feels super satisfying. As much I like the combat in Bloodborne/Souls game there is not much to master in terms of core combat itself.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Finally beat DOH in NG++ it made me stay up til 2am tho

Main thing that helped me turn the battle around was first figuring out when to jump from attacks and then how to dodge instead, when possible. There’s one attack he does that is two fire slashes and you can dodge through those then get ready to deflect his foot stop then dodge past his next stomp and keep slashing.

Last edited:

kiiltz

One point I don't really understand is the bolded portion. I find that I'm able to take my time with pretty much all of the bosses. Much of the first portion of a battle is ignoring posture and slowly chipping away at their health until about 75%. That's when posture recovery starts to slow down. Then under 50% health you really don't need to worry much about them recovering posture (unless you really have to back off or something). I know there are some bosses where you may need to prioritize one over the other, but I pretty much always started with trying to get health down to about 75% before I even looked at the posture meter.

I kind of touched on this with a friend a couple of weeks ago, lemme c/p. Keep in mind I was only up to Genichiro at this point. I'll bold the relevant part to your post.

kiiltz04/04/2019
Can't quite pinpoint it but it's to do with the mechanics. Superficially they work fine but as you fight different enemies, particular sub bosses, there's some issues that aren't necessarily flaws. The problem I find is that there is little separate bits and pieces that run counter intuitive to each other, the main culprits being Posture and Parrying and how they work in tandem.

At first it seems simple: Parry the opponents and attacks to break their posture and this is indeed the case in the early parts of the game. However, things get a bit weird in the mid stages of the games, particular with the mini-bosses. Because of their higher health pool, breaking Posture isn't as simple (not a complaint but a given). What this does is urge you to constantly be on the attack so as to sustain pressure to be able to break Posture. Except, that style of gameplay contradicts the focus on Parrying which wouldn't really be problem if it weren't for how important Parrying is in the game and how you can basically deflect everything in game that isnt a sweep, thrust or grab.

Fundementally there needs to be a balance between the two (easier said than done) but outside of Butterfly and maybe Gyoubu and Snake Eyes I don't think Fromsoft has been able to do it (granted I haven't completed the game yet). With the mini-bosses after the Bull the problem is compounded by how they can kill you in two hits, creating a greater urge to be on the attack and as it so happens I was rewarded more with aggressive gameplay rather the slow, calm type Parrying would suggest.

Now, aggressive gameplay isn't inherently bad but it does feel like a waste and to some degree borderline cheese because as I said before there IS an emphasis in parrying and you miss out on a lot of that if you play aggressively.

I feel this is what everyone meant by "some mini-bosses were harder than the actual bosses" and it seems to me that this is low key the divisive factor.

Btw, having beaten everyone but Isshin (and the Headless too actually, oops) I changed my mind and believe From managed to find the right balance re: parrying and posture at least in regards to the humanoid bosses. If they do indeed do a follow-up to Sekiro I'd personally like to see them ditch monsters like the Ape, Bull and Hatred in favour of refining the humanoid combat.

For example, I had more issues with the dual wielding monkeys but found them infinitely more fun than the Ape. Now imagine if they had removed the Ape and used the monkey instead while giving him a bigger moveset and some more interesting level designs that you could both interact with (Ape's level seemed like a huge missed opportunity for prosthetic hook shenanigans).

Lesleyy

Neo Member
Not really, especially in Bloodborne you even have to build your character around that weapon like Chikage to be even useful.

The fact that there is choice (more so in Dark Souls than Bloodborne) makes me want to play these games. I haven't touched Sekiro after my first playthrough.

Danjin44

The fact that there is choice (more so in Dark Souls than Bloodborne) makes me want to play these games. I haven't touched Sekiro after my first playthrough.
Again Sekiro is not RPG like Bloodborne/Souls, the game mostly about mastering combat which to me and other people felt super satisfying. I played 4 times got all the endings and platinum it and LOVED every minute of it.

Last edited:

Lesleyy

Neo Member
Again Sekiro is not RPG like Bloodborne/Souls, the game mostly about mastering combat which to me and other people felt super satisfying. I played 4 times got all the endings and platinum it and LOVED every minute of it.

I agree. But using "...on Bloodborne/Souls you end up using only one weapon for the majority of the game anyway." isn't a strong argument because it's personal.

Danjin44

I agree. But using "...on Bloodborne/Souls you end up using only one weapon for the majority of the game anyway." isn't a strong argument because it's personal.
The point of that post was, not all but most people likely going to choose the weapon they like or comfortable with and they will use that majority of the game. Sure, you have choice what weapon you want to use in Souls game but there is not much to master when it comes to combat itself. I think people really should stop comparing Souls games to Sekiro because most criticism I hear from this game is “why this game is not RPG like pervious game” instead of look at the game for what actually is.

Lesleyy

Neo Member
The point of that post was, not all but most people likely going to choose the weapon they like or comfortable with and they will use that majority of the game. Sure, you have choice what weapon you want to use in Souls game but there is not much to master when it comes to combat itself. I think people really should stop comparing Souls games to Sekiro because most criticism I hear from this game is “why this game is not RPG like pervious game” instead of look at the game for what actually is.

I think you're mixing two things up. Viable weapons to use and combat mastery. But whatever, I agree with you. I'm happy Sekiro is the way it is.

Edit: I wish the prosthetics were more.. effective in usage? I really like the game, but I think almost every prosthetic was lacking in some way. Or just not impactful enough in battle. Such a shame

Last edited:

Danjin44

I think you're mixing two things up. Viable weapons to use and combat mastery. But whatever, I agree with you. I'm happy Sekiro is the way it is.

Edit: I wish the prosthetics were more.. effective in usage? I really like the game, but I think almost every prosthetic was lacking in some way. Or just not impactful enough in battle. Such a shame
I dont know, people told me poison blade is useless but I found it highly effective against last boss on my 3rd playthrough. To me they useful if you know how to use them.

I get where you're coming from with the prosthetics but I think a lot of them situational on top of a few that are multipurpose. I can't think of that are useless though.

Ivellios

I used some of themand they were very helpful in general.

-Oil+Flamethrower situational for some minibosses and monkey.
-Firecracker was very useful through the entire game.
-Phantom Kunai for reducing bosses HP so i could focus on posture.
-Umbrella helped blocking many attacks from all kind of enemies, including bosses.

I admit i never used the rest, but im sure they have their uses.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Whistle is pretty much essential at least for the DOD

Firecracker has saved my life more times than I can count. I use it on nearly every boss/mini boss fight

Umbrellas also pretty essential for a few fights, both the anti terror and anti fire versions

Axe never fails to help me get posture damage on shielded enemies

There are more but I use them less and yes “you mostly use one weapon” anyway is a for real argument, anytime I played Bloodborne or Souls I pretty much found my weapon early on and dumped my upgrade gear into it and never really switched from that (many end game upgrade items like slabs being limited items guarantee you can only max out 1 or 2 weapons kind of encourages this style of play)

Not saying one way is better than the other but I don’t see a huge difference am glad they put that dev towards designing battles rather than weapons I will never use

Top Bottom